Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Options
  • 22-11-2017 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

I see Naas / Newbridge credit union will open their new office at Edward Street on the 29th of this Month. They are currently operating from a temporary premises on Main Street.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭chancer007

Hi
    Looking to get an aerial installed.getting rid of sky
    anyone know someone good who installs aerials near newbridge?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

lanomist wrote:
    I see Naas / Newbridge credit union will open their new office at Edward Street on the 29th of this Month. They are currently operating from a temporary premises on Main Street.

Opened this morning. Building looking well and a nice addition to the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

chancer007 wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

http://www.satelliteconnections.ie/contact.htm

Try billy he should be able to help you out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

anyone have any idea whats going into the old terry michaels place and yvonnes old shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭richiek83

Lidl have just received planning permission from KCC for the development of their new warehouse and distribution centre and construction of a 1.5km section of the Newbridge South Orbital Relief Road.

• Advertisement

Applegreen gets go ahead for expansion at former Finlay's site in Newbridge

1 Dec 2017

The green light has been given for the expansion of Applegreen services at the former Finlay’s showroom in Newbridge.

The plans, which were lodged on March 10 and were approved this week with 34 planning conditions attached.

Petrogas Group Ltd. want to demolish the existing petrol service building, storage buildings to west boundary and the front porch at the site bordering Moorefield Road and Edward Street.

The company also want to take down the existing signage on the car showroom building. It hopes to change the vacant former car showroom to a filling station service area.

Petrogas want the ground floor of the service building to contain two food premises, off-licence and a communal seating area.

The number of pump islands will be increased by two to a total of six.

The development also includes 25 car park spaces along with an additional 12 spaces at the pumps.

There are no works proposed to the first floor area in the car showroom (offices, kitchen, store).

The project will include landscaping works on the adjoining public open space in the ownership of Kildare County Council.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

tommyboy26 wrote:
    anyone have any idea whats going into the old terry michaels place and yvonnes old shop?

Both premises are available for lease but as yet there doesn't seem to be any activity at either . I would imagine that the rent would be expensive given there location.

lanomist wrote: »
    Both premises are available for lease but as yet there doesn't seem to be any activity at either . I would imagine that the rent would be expensive given there location.

i seen a sign on yvonnes saying "let"

and on terrys "sold"

tommyboy26 wrote:
    i seen a sign on yvonnes saying "let"[/

tommyboy26 wrote:
    and on terrys "sold"

That's great, haven't been up that end of the town in a couple of weeks

Sign up opposite Supervalu that a Costa Coffee is opening soon in the unit where the building work is ongoing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

chancer007 wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

May I suggest contacting Roderick at TV Solutions (http://www.tvsolutions.ie)

His work comes with a 12 month warranty and he does a very neat job.

His telephone number is: 01-5253589.

Milano is opening in the whitewater this Thursday.

Cazale wrote:

Apparently there is a free pizza for the first 50 customers on the opening day.

Cazale wrote:

Opened now a day early! There is also a new The Wine Buff off license on the Cutlery road opposite the Whitewater which opened yesterday. Free bottle Prosecco if you spend €50 for first 30 customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

What's parking like at Newbridge train station during the week, after rush hour? Possible? Is Kildare station better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

What's parking like at Newbridge train station during the week, after rush hour? Possible? Is Kildare station better?

The main car park on the town side is full by the time the commuter rush is over. The overflow car park across the bridge should still have lots of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Cazale wrote: »
    Opened now a day early! There is also a new The Wine Buff off license on the Cutlery road opposite the Whitewater which opened yesterday. Free bottle Prosecco if you spend €50 for first 30 customers.

Anyone any feedback on this place? I have been to a few Milano's in Dublin, one was excellent, yet another was utter rubbish.

Would be nice to have a decent pizza joint in Newbridge.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Was there an attempted robbery at bank of Ireland this morning?

beertons wrote:

Still no clear information about what took place only that Gardai responded to an incident at the bank. Seemingly Garda armed responce unit were deployed and also Garda helicopter but we're stood down after a half hour or so.

beertons wrote: »

it was a prank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Anyone any feedback on this place? I have been to a few Milano's in Dublin, one was excellent, yet another was utter rubbish. Would be nice to have a decent pizza joint in Newbridge.

I had a takeaway pizza from the new Milano's. Delicious! Pricey enough though that's to be expected but will return to try another.

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    it was a prank

Some prank when it involves a bank.

Anyone driving in Newbridge this evening? Total Gridlock. Took me 50 min.to get from train station to Athgarvan road. What ever happened to the traffic management plan that was to be implemented in early December.

lanomist wrote:
    Anyone driving in Newbridge this evening? Total Gridlock. Took me 50 min.to get from train station to Athgarvan road. What ever happened to the traffic management plan that was to be implemented in early December.

Yeah it was mental. Took me 30 mins for what is usually a 5 minute journey.

lanomist wrote: »

I am on one of our local TD's weekly email list where they inform of news/developments. That person mentioned a few weeks ago about this 'Traffic Plan' being implemented on ( I think ) November 30th. I emailed that TD about what the developments were ( as I have had a moan with them in the past about other traffic issues around Newbridge ). Either that person had no idea what the plan was or they were left in the dark by KCC like us mere mortals, but I never got an answer.

i heard kavanngh fabrics is going into the old terry michaels anyone else hear that

tommyboy26 wrote:
    i heard kavanngh fabrics is going into the old terry michaels anyone else hear that

The building they are currently in is getting knocked down as part of an expansion of the courtyard centre into the retail park with DID so this makes sense.

Cazale wrote: »
    The building they are currently in is getting knocked down as part of an expansion of the courtyard centre into the retail park with DID so this makes sense.

ah yea that does make sense.

any idea when the start date for demolishing those buildings and starting the development?

there seems to be quite alot of plans for the town

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭richiek83

Demolition of Kavanagh's and part of the current Courtyard SC is still in planning with KCC having requested further info for the second time. The deadline for responding is the 22nd Dec I think. Treacy Developments have a tender out already for the development extending the retail park up towards the Courtyard.
    The NTA is apparently taking responsibility for the Traffic Management Plan which may also take in aspects of a Town Design/ Urban Design Frameworks etc. NTA stated that other traffic management plans throughout the country didn't deliver value for money so they are now taking the one for Newbridge in house apparently.
    Fiona O'Loughlin TD released a statement a number of weeks about Traffic Management Plan to be prepared for Newbridge despite the information being embargoed until a certain date. Traffic Management in towns is one of the reserved functions of elected councillors so technically she shouldn't have (a) released a statement when she did and (b) she encroached on an area which is for elected councillors.
    Anyway, lots of development being planned in that area. The council is also relocating the machinery yard in the next few years. The design brief for the area stipulates that any development has to be at a height that masks/ covers the two multi-storey car parks so it will ultimately be a significant development also.

• Advertisement

I have no idea just whose idea it was to start this thread up, but I would like to place on record how great an idea it is, and am very grateful for You starting this.

We live in a great town, and I hope this thread from strength to strength.

Hope everyone has a safe Xmas.

To show my gratitude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6-PAKOt7sM

Advertisement