Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Visaquestion

Any idea as to how I get my certificate/scroll thing as I missed my graduation?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Visaquestion

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

You'll receive it in the post in a few weeks to whatever address they have on file for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

...has anyone see An Focal this year? What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

...has anyone see An Focal this year? What happened?

I took some this morning from the Post Grad coffee room for a spillage clean up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

I'm doing an MA in sociology this year after a year out and it's really frustrating to see they've dramatically changed how you access Google Scholar from home, to the point I can't actually get references online off campus any more 😭 if anyone could give me a couple of tips about this rather than actually doing work on campus it'd be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

CliCliW wrote: »
    I'm doing an MA in sociology this year after a year out and it's really frustrating to see they've dramatically changed how you access Google Scholar from home, to the point I can't actually get references online off campus any more �� if anyone could give me a couple of tips about this rather than actually doing work on campus it'd be much appreciated

Oh, it's a complete disaster since the new library website, so many clicks required for every task and half the time you get to the end of the clicking and don't have access :mad: Have you tried going through the databases on the library website?

Oh, it's a complete disaster since the new library website, so many clicks required for every task and half the time you get to the end of the clicking and don't have access Have you tried going through the databases on the library website?

Honestly I relied on Scholar so much in my undergraduate I'm slow to use anything else, maybe I'll just need to start trying that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone else having problems with logging in to SULIS and email ??

It took me three attempts but yeah I logged into Sulis ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Anyone else having problems with logging in to SULIS and email ??

Earlier this morning yes, but they're working for me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Clear Ink

Why isn't there more seating on the green in front of Plassy?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

where's all the christmas decorations???

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

where's all the christmas decorations???

Asked myself the same thing only yesterday. They usually have the tree up in the plaza during study week don't they? No lights on that big tree near CSIS either. It'll be a shame if nothing gets put up.

exams have started now. The decorations should have been up a week ago. thank god library and students union went ahead and put them up. i can only assume this is some sort of political issue in the background that we don't know about.

they can hardly hold the christmas lighting ceremony in middle of exams. half the college will be finished next saturday.

disgraceful.

place looks so dreary when normally it is so bright and cheerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

If that happened last year I'd swear college was conspiring against me..
    Always commended campus for looking amazing in winter.
    Piece de resistance was tree in the library. Huge tree with the red and gold decor. Looked so warming every year. Hope it's a next week job, even though I'm not there, hate them not to put that up again.

the library tree is up since yesterday thanks be to God. However no decorations anywhere else on campis ,no christmas lighting ceremony in the plaza. must be a buildings issue. they're keeping shtum about it on twitter too.

Isn't there usually emails every year over and over about the lights turning on in the plaza?
    Strange for there to be nothing this year.

Love the library tree :D
    Made being in there til 12 doable :D

yeah it really takes away the drudgery of grinding for the exams.

hope des fitzgerald sorts it out asap. I want a few free cookies and xmas carols with mulled wine.

Forgot about new pres actually...
    Wouldn't want to be cutting back on xmas stuff though in fairness...
    Especially with ridic severance packages.. Priorities and priorities...
    Love that in the library though.. used to have like 10 coffees a day just to pass it..
    Outside one was nice as well when I used to take a break. :)
    Actually miss the college so much and only gone 6 months... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Des has been sending out emails about donating €1000 each to 10 (I think) charities instead - how or why that stops them having a lighting ceremony is beyond me.

Cossax wrote: »
    Des has been sending out emails about donating €1000 each to 10 (I think) charities instead - how or why that stops them having a lighting ceremony is beyond me.

Or how does that stop them even sticking a tree up in the plaza?
    Des Grinch

Instead on ceremony maybe, didn't really go to it but the tree?!
    10k instead of saving money on lights and tree?

What is 10k to them?!
    In the scheme of things, adds up to a few typos.
    Absolute joke, I'd lose my **** was I there.

Even though I didn't go to it, ceremony was tradition as well, sad to see it go.
    Charity money or no, ways of doing it cheaper without breaking the bank.
    And again, 10 is literally nothing to them. If they were that against it, do some collecting a week or two before it for xmas tree and let students contribute.
    Get a few thousand relatively easy.

Annoying that they're doing away with it for the sake of it and because it doesn't make money..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Feck sake Chris, we leave and the place falls apart.

Madness.

Surprised students union haven't given any formal commentary on this or no one has pressed harder about it. It was honestly my favourite time of the year, brings such joy to all the students studying. Maybe he's trying to cutback what with the 1.2 million he spent on severance compos

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Few bits going on today, there's lights up on that tree next to CSIS now and the lights are on a few trees up near GEMS. Didn't pass by the Plaza today so not sure if the tree is gone up yet.

Surprised students union haven't given any formal commentary on this or no one has pressed harder about it. It was honestly my favourite time of the year, brings such joy to all the students studying. Maybe he's trying to cutback what with the 1.2 million he spent on severance compos

The SU's allegedly too busy spending thousands of euro on trips to the US and consultancy on the second rebrand in 5 years to do much about Christmas lights tbh.

What's the branding changing from? UL wolves to UL misers? Or to UL ****?

What's the branding changing from? UL wolves to UL misers? Or to UL ****?

"UL Life" apparently. Though yours are more appropriate at times.

Disclaimer: This is based on what I've been told second hand, I'm trying to detach from caring about UL stuff now that I'm gone. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    "UL Life" apparently. Though yours are more appropriate at times.

Disclaimer: This is based on what I've been told second hand, I'm trying to detach from caring about UL stuff now that I'm gone. :P

Yet you still frequent this thread...Though I can't say much, I'm gone a year and a half and still follow a few threads and have an aul snoop in general.

My bf's dad also works in UL so I'm kept up to date with a lot of juicy gossip.

Advertisement