Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

raiders11 wrote:
    Hope your pools prediction is tempting fate

Heh, I'm not confident. But want us to leave nothing behind in trying to win.

Ceist_Beag wrote:
    Gillespie might be a surprise inclusion on Sunday, went very well in a recent club match apparently.

If fit, we would welcome his sort on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭doc_17

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Surprised it took this long for the trash talking to start...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

What's the likelihood of getting tickets outside on Sunday? I'm going home today and will probably be in Ballybofey on Sunday regardless.

What's the likelihood of getting tickets outside on Sunday? I'm going home today and will probably be in Ballybofey on Sunday regardless.

None. Stay at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

Feeling quietly confident about the game tomorrow but not sure why. The more I think about it the more I feel Tyrone are a bit better than us, especially with Ban and Paddy out.

I'd worry about the amount of players we have (McGee, McGrath, Doherty, McMenamin & McFadden) who don't offer any real threat with the ball which will make it easier for Tyrone to clamp down on our better players.

I'd also worry about the pace they have around the middle.

McNiallais is hardly likely to kick 4 points from play two games in a row and it's set up perfectly for Declan to lose the plot on the sideline.

Donegal by two.

I'm feeling quietly hopeful, just because some of the "experts" (O'Shea)are predicting a Tyrone win.

We love to go in as the underdogs, and there's always a few surprises for the experts.

Win or lose, fair play to the lads, and Declan Bonner. I didn't expect to win Ulster at the start of the season, so - onwards and upwards, be it this year, or next.

Hon Donegal!

• Advertisement

Redsoxfan wrote:
    We can't afford to underperform on Sunday. We are playing at home, against a 'top team' and have the chance to go to an All Ireland Semi Final! When will we get that chance again? Who knows what way the draw will play out next year or how long this format will last. We gotta grab this by the bollix! On top of that, wouldn't you love a crack at Galway or MONAGHAN in an All Ireland Semi Final?

*coughs*

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

Basically having another ulster championship starting tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 11,368 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Basically having another ulster championship starting tomorrow

Big advantage for Monaghan too having a fairly easy game and extra day to recover. Tomorrow will be a dogfight for whoever comes through

Fitzmaurice steps down. He poxed an All Ireland in 2014.

I’d sooner set mine on fire than give it to one of ye :p

Safe travels etc

I’d sooner set mine on fire than give it to one of ye :p

Safe travels etc

Give me a shout if you don’t have a lighter

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

Just arrived in Ballybofey. Finding it tough to be optimistic about this one.

Donegal by 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Eoghan Ban in the 26?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MactheKnife90

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Eoghan Ban in the 26?

He's starting lads

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Hard one to swallow that but just couldn’t match the hunger goal a big turning point and we didn’t look like doing anything after that.
    All things considered not a bad year Ulster champions and went into the last game of the super 8s with something to play for at the start of the year we would have settled for that.
    Still hate Tyrone and all the antics by the sideline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

doc_17 wrote: »
    Fitzmaurice steps down. He poxed an All Ireland in 2014.

absolutely a freak goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Can someone explain those substitutions to me

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Murphy14

I have to say Mickey Harte outfoxed Declan Bonner with his subs MH was proactive rather than reactive I know throne were behind but we should have forced home our advantage when leading at half time .,,but still a good season an Ulster title and a lot of potential we haven't gone away Dun Na nGall Abu

• Registered Users Posts: 11,368 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Murphy14 wrote: »
    I have to say Mickey Harte outfoxed Declan Bonner with his subs MH was proactive rather than reactive I know throne were behind but we should have forced home our advantage when leading at half time .,,but still a good season an Ulster title and a lot of potential we haven't gone away Dun Na nGall Abu

What the hell happened at midfield in the second half? Tyrone were able to win all their long kickouts with no fuss whatsoever. Big moment Murphy missing that 45 to back 2 ahead and a minute later Tyrone get the goal...he was trying to fist it over the bar as well. Then of course the 2nd football comes on for every kickout and Donegal can't win one of their own.

A terrible breed of people. Loud, obnoxious, arrogant. Hopefully they spent plenty around the place anyway and the place gets a good wash after they’ve gone home.

On the game, didn’t expect to win but thought we looked ok. Definitely deserving winners they way they pushed on and won it. McNamee and Cavanagh exceptional. Quite concerning how badly it unraveled for us but they are more experienced and clearly better conditioned.

Ulster championship highlight of an otherwise ‘ok’ year with plenty to improve on.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

A terrible breed of people. Loud, obnoxious, arrogant. Hopefully they spent plenty around the place anyway and the place gets a good wash after they’ve gone home.

On the game, didn’t expect to win but thought we looked ok. Definitely deserving winners they way they pushed on and won it. McNamee and Cavanagh exceptional. Quite concerning how badly it unraveled for us but they are more experienced and clearly better conditioned.

Ulster championship highlight of an otherwise ‘ok’ year with plenty to improve on.
    Another thing that’s annoying me about that is cavanagh should have been off for taking his man out of the ball just after he got his yellow card even dreary Dolan was saying it on commentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

fullstop wrote: »
    What the hell happened at midfield in the second half? Tyrone were able to win all their long kickouts with no fuss whatsoever. Big moment Murphy missing that 45 to back 2 ahead and a minute later Tyrone get the goal...he was trying to fist it over the bar as well. Then of course the 2nd football comes on for every kickout and Donegal can't win one of their own.

Agree, that was the turning point, from going 2 up to 2 down in the space of a minute or 2...
    Some of the subs were weird but am not gonna blame ref or anything else, thought they were nippier n hungrier in second half, our attacks were always laboured...
    I do think though, if Paddy Mac was there today, we would have won...
    Saying that, we would have maybe got no further n fair play to the present team, at the start of the year, we would have loved been in this position

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but they do not represent the majority of us. Donegal are my second team and I would've supported them to win the AI if they had have went through today, there is no bad blood amongst Tyrone supporters I know and Donegal.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but they do not represent the majority of us. Donegal are my second team and I would've supported them to win the AI if they had have went through today, there is no bad blood amongst Tyrone supporters I know and Donegal.

You make it sound like it’s my first time. :D

• Advertisement

Another thing that’s annoying me about that is cavanagh should have been off for taking his man out of the ball just after he got his yellow card even dreary Dolan was saying it on commentary.

Absolutely. It was blatant to me but was given the benefit. He fairly made the most of it.

I’ll need to watch it back but it was surprising how many of our boys were gassing with 10-15 to play.

Advertisement