Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 7 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I had a question regarding the league. I have the Division 7 league from last year still linked to my team, it seems to be renewed for this year but no draft setup etc.

I take it that one will be closed and we're using the new one we received with codes? Not that we will be deleted inactive members from old one and adding new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

BarryC21 wrote: »
    Ugh......there's talk of splitting D7 with a few more people who want to join a D8 to have both D7 & D8 as 10-person leagues.....fingers crossed we get to keep our 16 person status!

Agreed, would be a pain now we're all set up!

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I had a question regarding the league. I have the Division 7 league from last year still linked to my team, it seems to be renewed for this year but no draft setup etc.

I take it that one will be closed and we're using the new one we received with codes? Not that we will be deleted inactive members from old one and adding new ones.

The old league was owned by an inactive user unfortunately so we had to start from fresh. I think you should be able to remove yourself from the old league.

hots wrote: »
    The old league was owned by an inactive user unfortunately so we had to start from fresh. I think you should be able to remove yourself from the old league.

Perfect. Just making sure in case I remove myself and it turns out we were using it haha!

3 more guys left to sign up to the league, would be good to get it tied off asap.

• Advertisement

Guys we've still got 3 stragglers who haven't signed up to the league, there's a queue waiting for another division who'll happily sign up if you're not up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Has the draft time been decided?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭rogeyspoint

Hi,

I wouldn't mind getting in if there was a space. Thanks

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Has the draft time been decided?

We did indeed:

Hi guys,

We've had 8 sign up to the league and 8 to go, please log in asap to allow us to fill in dropouts if we get closer with blank spots left in the league.

Also we've now had a good few votes in for the draft time, most popular by a couple was 4th September @9pm, will update the nfl.com draft time to reflect it.

Hi,

I wouldn't mind getting in if there was a space. Thanks

You'll need to comment in the main thread Rogey, this Div is all full I'm afraid!

• Advertisement

We did indeed:

Hey Hots,

Thanks again for sorting it out!
    I'm hopefully going to be fine with it but I am moving this weekend so not sure what the internet situation will be like.

Going to arrange my draft board now just in-case I have troubles, don't want to be one of those guys who gets stung with auto-picks! I know in another league I'm in one guy missed the draft and his RB situation is so so bad.

NFL predictor is saying he will go 0-13 haha!

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Hey Hots,

Thanks again for sorting it out!
    I'm hopefully going to be fine with it but I am moving this weekend so not sure what the internet situation will be like.

Going to arrange my draft board now just in-case I have troubles, don't want to be one of those guys who gets stung with auto-picks! I know in another league I'm in one guy missed the draft and his RB situation is so so bad.

NFL predictor is saying he will go 0-13 haha!

The autodraft can be brutal, always makes people take kicker & D/ST way too early!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Would I be able to get a run through on the draft? Last year was my first year in and I was on the site at the time but couldn't find the right page and ended up with the a poor team ruined my year before it had started

Would I be able to get a run through on the draft? Last year was my first year in and I was on the site at the time but couldn't find the right page and ended up with the a poor team ruined my year before it had started

Basically log in plenty early enough, and just in case you struggle to get in, pre-order the top ~50 players so if you get stuck on an autodraft at the start at least you're most important picks will be tolerable. I've drafted 6 times using nfl.com and have seen others have issues a couple of times but always got lucky myself. Never messed with the app myself.

Guys less than a week to draft day and we're still 3 people short, I'll resend PMs to anyone that didn't confirm they're registered to me now.

q844Tvi

PMs sent to anyone who didn't confirm (or have an easy team name to link). I suspect No.8, Fatgav and Spud06 might be our stragglers judging by last logged on dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Apologies for being one of the stragglers. I hadn't seen anything about the League being setup and it slipped my mind. I've joined the League now

Ok still one straggler, taking the exec decision to find a replacement otherwise we can't draft.

***REMINDER*** DRAFT TOMORROW NIGHT ***REMINDER***

If you're not going to be online during the draft I would recommend setting a draft order but definitely try and make it (it's the best part of FF!). I'd also say try and log on in good time before 9PM, there have been crashes in years gone by.

Replacement found, I'll publish draft order here and on nfl.com shortly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 owen7bashy

Hi lads I'm the replacement, may as well start with two bold statements;

1) I win this league undefeated without breaking a sweat.
    2)Cardinals 11-5 and win the super bowl ;)

• Advertisement

owen7bashy wrote: »
    Hi lads I'm the replacement, may as well start with two bold ridiculous statements;

Welcome to the division! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Welcome.... I'm happy to go 1-15 as long as that 1 is beating you :P :pac:

And we have our draft order finalised and uploaded to NFL.com, screenshot attached for transparency-sake. Always tough drafting early in a 16 man league imo, Incognito Chargers, your up for first pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭BarryC21

Another Cards fan!? How could I stay mad at you?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭BarryC21

And we have our draft order finalised and uploaded to NFL.com, screenshot attached for transparency-sake. Always tough drafting early in a 16 man league imo, Incognito Chargers, your up for first pick!

Tough drafting early!? Boo hoo, I’m bloody 16th!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is there any rules to the draft we should be aware of? This is my first year doing this.

Loughc wrote:
    Is there any rules to the draft we should be aware of? This is my first year doing this.

Take Kickers and Defense in first few rounds and you should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Whoot. First pick. DJ or Gurley likely with Bell hold out.

Loughc wrote: »

Nothing crazy, 60 seconds a pick this year instead of 90 (which took ages), usual snake order (so pick 1 is also pick 32 at the end of the second). Just remember to log in ~10/15 mins before just to make sure you're not experiencing any tech issues!

• Advertisement

Is it possible to trade draft picks.

Looking to trade my 4th pick overall if anybody is interested?!

Advertisement