Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI staff recruitment 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Dispatchers check thon emails!!!!

I have been binned. You?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mrlovalova22

Dispatchers check thon emails!!!!

I have been binned. You?

That's unfortunate mate, keep the head up, the next constable campaign is around the corner. I have made the merit pool thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Dw5600e

Anyone heard anything about ASO positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KEKE..

Hi guys, I have been placed in the merit pool for dispatch, can anyone shed some light on what happens next? Cheers

KEKE.. wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have been placed in the merit pool for dispatch, can anyone shed some light on what happens next? Cheers

Wait for PSNI to Email.

Drug test and vetting. Then appointments will be made in merit order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 KEKE..

What is the chance of being recruited if you are in the merit pool? ( first time applying with psni)

What is the chance of being recruited if you are in the merit pool? ( first time applying with psni)

Merit pool is held for a year, so it depends if you are in the top 20 (currently 17 posts for the position) how quickly you will be recruited. Of course they will filter through the list and people will drop off.

I was informed that there are immediate starts required but of course the length of time it takes for vetting and drug testing could be end of the summer or possibly later again.

Merit pool is held for a year, so it depends if you are in the top 20 (currently 17 posts for the position) how quickly you will be recruited. Of course they will filter through the list and people will drop off.

I was informed that there are immediate starts required but of course the length of time it takes for vetting and drug testing could be end of the summer or possibly later again.
    I have it on good authority that courses will run in January 19.

There isn't a hope in hell a courses worth of applicants vetting and SMTs being back by September as they has originally planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ron_Mon

Grafton said that PSNI HR will be in touch 'In due course'  re Dispatch.   Here's hoping due course is sooner rather than later!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Nb1234

Hopefully they will be in contact soon as to the rough start date and the vetting etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Blondamundo

Bit off topic but did anyone else apply for the Fire Service Dispatcher? Heard anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Bit off topic but did anyone else apply for the Fire Service Dispatcher? Heard anything?

I didnt apply but a friend did and theyve heard nothing yet.

Movement on the Prisons Service job, interview date next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Nb1234

wonder when we will have any movement in the dispatcher process

Nb1234 wrote: »
    wonder when we will have any movement in the dispatcher process

I really hope so, the wait is killing!

I'm guessing I haven't passed the paper sift for Fire Service Dispatcher. Anyone else apply/know anyone who did and if they've heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

I got an email this morning of details for the Fire Service applications, just in case anyone else applied and hasn’t checked their emails yet.

I didn't. Suspected I'd not made the cut!

I'm in the same boat Blondamundo.  Sure, have to move on to the next one!

Maybe the emails were dear johns and no news is good news?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Friend of mine is waiting to hear about that job, if you get anymore info can you let me know please, cheers.

Maybe the emails were dear johns and no news is good news?
    Maybe! We'll see lol

If you guys are talking about the NIFRS then the email I got was an invitation to an aptitude test

Dispatchers check your emails!

Lockie101 wrote: »
    If you guys are talking about the NIFRS then the email I got was an invitation to an aptitude test
    That's me def out then, not even a thanks but no thanks!

Not sure, they should have done an unsuccessful email as well... but the email said that if the day doesn’t suit then there is no other dates that they are running it so I can’t change dates. But that just be for my local station, they might be doing it one station at a time and mine is one of the stations with the most demand (according to the fire chief anyway)

Not sure, they should have done an unsuccessful email as well... but the email said that if the day doesn’t suit then there is no other dates that they are running it so I can’t change dates. But that just be for my local station, they might be doing it one station at a time and mine is one of the stations with the most demand (according to the fire chief anyway)

Retained firefighter?

Sorry Banterbus, what do you mean?

Sorry Banterbus, what do you mean?

Blundomundo is talking about NIFRS Dispatcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Ohh369

Is there anyone going through the ASO process still here?!

Advertisement