Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrycot stand for uppababy

Options
  • 06-04-2019 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi, I want to buy the uppababy vista travel system but the carrycot stand is being quoted at €150/200. We need the stand as we plan to use the carrycot downstairs instead of a separate Moses basket. I really don’t want to spend that much for a stand. I was wondering if anyone used a basic Moses basket stand for their carrycot? Or Do you have to buy the proper stand for the carrycot? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I just googled carrycot stands when I wanted one for my silver cross. You'll find that many of them state whether they are compatible with various brands. I got mine on Amazon in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

I used a regular Moses basket with the uppababy stand a few years ago on my first. No problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

We have the uppa baby carry cot and used a 20 euro stand from tony kealys.

The uppa baby stand is a joke at that price.

https://tonykealys.com/baby-elegance-moses-basket-stand.html - its 25 euro now.

Don't spend 200 euro on a fecking stand. Btw she grew out of the carry cot after 3 months.... another reason not to spend 200 on the stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Sarah1916 wrote: »
    Hi, I want to buy the uppababy vista travel system but the carrycot stand is being quoted at €150/200. We need the stand as we plan to use the carrycot downstairs instead of a separate Moses basket. I really don’t want to spend that much for a stand. I was wondering if anyone used a basic Moses basket stand for their carrycot? Or Do you have to buy the proper stand for the carrycot? TIA

I had the uppababy and never once did I put it on a carrycot or moses basket stand. I put the brakes on and left it on the chassis. I had a moses basket for the first few weeks and never even thought to take the carrycot off the chassis to put it on it. The only reason maybe would be if it was too big to go in a doorway etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I didn’t have the uppababy, but always used a pram downstairs for sleeping. As above, I just put the brakes on. It’s actually handier, you can push the pram from room to room rather than lifting it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Same here.Uppababy buggy, never bothered with a stand.
    Wouldn't waste the money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

We have the Uppababy vista and had planned to just use the buggy part with brakes on for downstairs. Mother in law happened to have a moses basket stand that it fits perfectly onto so we'll use that possibly but wouldn't have been buying one for sure.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

We had the vista, just use the pram when you want to use the carrycot for sleep. You'll only need it for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

We used the carry cot as the bassinet at night, hence the 25 euro stand, then we transitioned straight into the main cot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I picked up a Moses basket and stand in our local charity shop for number three, I had one on loan for the first two and found it great. It was less than a tenner. Might be an idea to keep an eye out for one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 yemare

Advertisement