Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

I was probably trying to say something like this yesterday but made a balls of it, good post

I wouldn't underestimate Kiely. Hes a great manager. The honesty in his post match interviews is a breath of fresh air. Kinnerk is s good coach but hes made plenty of mistakes with Clare. He went way too short with them for a while and had those ridiculous little squares in the pre match warm up. Some of his puck out strategies to the wings are pretty clueless. They did these sideline puckouts against Cork and payed the price. What Kinnerk has is very very good players in Limerick and he is getting the best out of them right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dickie9

Lads get rid off the negativity 2 woeful performances which are tottaly unacceptable if limerick beat tipp and we beat cork at home were threw even after 2 hammerings
    #hondbanner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭letowski

Clare team I'd pick on Sunday (I know they wont do this):

Touhy
    J. McCarthy - Davy Mc - Browne
    Malone - Cleary - Fitzgearld
    Galvin - D. Ryan
    Duggan - Conlon - A.McCarthy
    I.Galvin
    O'Donnell - Kelly

Put Kelly in full forward on Cadogan and play ball in front of him. See does Kelly want it enough. We need Conlon combatting out the field anyway.

letowski wrote: »

Touhy
    Galvin - D. Ryan
    I.Galvin
    O'Donnell - Kelly

Put Kelly in full forward on Cadogan and play ball in front of him. See does Kelly want it enough. We need Conlon combatting out the field anyway.

Id throw deasy in there instead off o donnell

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Fuxake

Half back line of Malone Cleary and Fitzgerald will get ate alive by Cork. Malone and Cleary not just good enough at this level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

letowski wrote: »

Touhy
    Galvin - D. Ryan
    I.Galvin
    O'Donnell - Kelly

Galvin Jr not available this summer if I'm not mistaken?

Fuxake wrote:
    Half back line of Malone Cleary and Fitzgerald will get ate alive by Cork. Malone and Cleary not just good enough at this level.

I dont like our half back line either, but we dont have much options, except for Diarmuid Ryan. Seadna and Fitzgearld are similar players.

CiaranMT wrote:
    Galvin Jr not available this summer if I'm not mistaken?

He was on the bench yesterday. I'm not sure what form he is in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Drop Kelly and SoD would be the first changes I'd make but that won't happen

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Heading to the Ennis on Sunday, what terrace to the away supporters go to or does it matter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Where is Colin Guilfoyle?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Heading to the Ennis on Sunday, what terrace to the away supporters go to or does it matter?

Doesn't matter - the 3 sides of the ground that are terraced are all open.

Where is Colin Guilfoyle?

Bobby duggan as well....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Dickie9 wrote: »
    Bobby duggan as well....

Has been out of form for his club for years now himself Stephen ward and Stephen O'Halloran were real prospects but something not right down in clarecastle and all 3 have really struggled to find any form

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Clareman wrote: »
    Drop Kelly and SoD would be the first changes I'd make but that won't happen

Could add Podge to that list too. He does an awful lot of not very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Hio wrote: »
    Davy got a league and all ireland out of this team. Gerry and Donal in 3 years has obtained any championship or national league silverware! There was and still is a certain core of clare people who begrudged Clares success under Davy because they wanted Davy out and turned on Davy very fast when further success didnt come (ironically the year Davy left he managed Clare to the league title). The duo in charge of Clare since are clueless at senior level and got too much respect for the u21 titles they managed Clare to! They should have resigned after 2 years. I hope Davy is asked to do the job and refuses to express interest because if I was Davy id leave them suffer now without success for another 5 years or so! Very annoyed Clare person but thats how I feel. The Clare team of today and especially the management have been so insulting to the Clare and Limerick followers to not show up at limerick at 4pm today to play competitive hurling. It was very rude after not turning up in Ennis last Sunday to play competitively either. If I got a free ticket id hardly go next sunday! There was more heart in the clare football team poor and all as was to Kerry they showed heart and tried.

That you Davy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

That you Davy?

I wouldn't put it past him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Bookies have us at “only” 3/1 to beat Cork.

But how can we do it? Has there ever been a team so poor for 2 weeks and then suddenly turned it on in the 3rd week ?!
    Hard to see what we can do in just a week.

The fact that Cork aren’t fully sure that they are through means they’ll be tuned it for it.
    Horgan can tap over frees all day, and likely to score goals.

Bookies have us at “only” 3/1 to beat Cork.

But how can we do it? Has there ever been a team so poor for 2 weeks and then suddenly turned it on in the 3rd week ?!
    Hard to see what we can do in just a week.

The fact that Cork aren’t fully sure that they are through means they’ll be tuned it for it.
    Horgan can tap over frees all day, and likely to score goals.

i have images in my head of a game against laois in 2013 where the vast majority of clare supporters that turned up that day were there to spit fire at the players i think you could expect the same reception next week

i imagine the bookies are covering themselves in case there was a backlash , i don't see it happening though

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hio

Look ask this how has the hurler of the year for 2013 over the last 2 years all of a sudden not at the races?

How is it that Clare went from should have beaten Galway in last years semifinal to getting hammered out the sideline against strong rivals Tipperary & Limerick?

How is it that Clare looked blustered in both play & for sure in the managers post match reactions?

Why were Clare so flat second to every ball both in the air and on the ground especially in the forward line. The only time players were first to the ball was a few rare times when the Clare defenders desperately got it out and up the field to prevent even bigger hammerings than they got? In 2013 Clare were fast & had a plan. Yesterday was awful to watch only 6 years later!

Where is Aaron Cunningham I thought was only taking one year out in Australia doesnt look that way now! Where is 'Tots' O'Connell gone to doesnt seem to be on the panel anymore! Why is that? Where is Cathal Mc Inerney gone to he seems to get recalled every winter league then no sign of him for the summer! Why is that considering he still young etc. Is Conor Mc Grath still injured that wasn't mentioned either!

At t end of t day deluded fans even can be deluded

• Advertisement

Hio wrote: »
    Look ask this how has the hurler of the year for 2013 over the last 2 years all of a sudden not at the races?

How is it that Clare went from should have beaten Galway in last years semifinal to getting hammered out the sideline against strong rivals Tipperary & Limerick?

How is it that Clare looked blustered in both play & for sure in the managers post match reactions?

Why were Clare so flat second to every ball both in the air and on the ground especially in the forward line. The only time players were first to the ball was a few rare times when the Clare defenders desperately got it out and up the field to prevent even bigger hammerings than they got? In 2013 Clare were fast & had a plan. Yesterday was awful to watch only 6 years later!

Where is Aaron Cunningham I thought was only taking one year out in Australia doesnt look that way now! Where is 'Tots' O'Connell gone to doesnt seem to be on the panel anymore! Why is that? Where is Cathal Mc Inerney gone to he seems to get recalled every winter league then no sign of him for the summer! Why is that considering he still young etc. Is Conor Mc Grath still injured that wasn't mentioned either!

At t end of t day deluded fans even can be deluded

Also nicky o connell clonlara you also could add in daire keane from kilmaley

Cathal mcinerney isint fit enuf for championship hurling unless u spring him from the bench las 15mins...wa abou billy connors from cratloe....clare could really do wi colin ryan coming out off retirement he still a few years championship hurling in him...

Looks like the clare v cork match isint been televised the weekend its up on the cork twitter easy to see why there not showin it with the two hammerings weve got last 2 weeks

i could name several hurlers that are playing better at club level that are not getting any sort of look in at the moment , ant it seems it wouldn't matter if it was fitz or gerry or donal in charge

Rory Hayes : no worse then o'connor surplus to managements requirements probably a better option then patch at the moment
    jason mccarthy : again better option at the moment then patch who is coming to the end i fear

oisin o'brien : one of the best club hurlers in the county rarely given a chance management always prefered david mc who is struggling bad this year

Mikey o'Mally : Man of the match in a league game last year , had one bad game after that and dropped instantly

Ryan Taylor : hard working and lively when ever he was asked on at any stage this year , scored the wining point against waterford surly an option instead of a flat performing shane golden who had an excellent league

ian galvin : scored a goal a game nearly last year dont know why the management have not been gone on him this year , should have been david reidys replacement you would think

Gary Cooney : excellent game against waterford in the league won several frees had a few goal chances always looked hungry when called upon in the league yet to feature in the championship

Aidan McCarthy : another good young prospect that has done well off the bench ,should be starting the next day but wont

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Davys Fits

Dickie9 wrote: »
    Looks like the clare v cork match isint been televised the weekend its up on the cork twitter easy to see why there not showin it with the two hammerings weve got last 2 weeks

Just as well. Im sure the clare players wont mind.

Davys Fits wrote: »
    Just as well. Im sure the clare players wont mind.

we haven't seen you around in a while sir been away let me guess??? Maldives :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Managment have to answer some serious questions, their loyalty to misfiring players is shocking - Shane O'Donnell has played 134 mins and Tony Kelly 140 mins in the last two weeks, neither should have seen the second half of either game and O'Donnel should necver have started last week, at least Kelly had performed against Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Of the players listed above who should be considered , what must the forwards be thinking.

The likes of Cooney, if he isn’t brought on when others are completely out of the game , then when would he ever be brought on. What’s the point blooding him in the league?
    It’s weird. To think that Duggan was subbed v Tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭big_drive

I’ve seen an ad online for Clare county council HQ advertising parking for Sunday. Would it be a good option?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Managment have to answer some serious questions, their loyalty to misfiring players is shocking - Shane O'Donnell has played 134 mins and Tony Kelly 140 mins in the last two weeks, neither should have seen the second half of either game and O'Donnel should necver have started last week, at least Kelly had performed against Waterford.

Watching O'Donnell at the weekend was like watching an under-16 playing a senior match. Physically just not at the required level at all. Same could be said for a lot of our players. Contrast his contribution on Sunday with that of Aaron Gillane. Chalk and cheese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

I wouldn't be hard on O Donnell. Hes been one of our most consistent performers since 2013. The guy gets crap ball from outfield.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement