Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Supposedly extremely attractive people who you don't find attractive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Jennifer Aniston.

Never got it when I was 10 year old, get it even less today.

She's literally an ironing board with a very plain face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Raconteuse wrote: »
    I'd say the last time Geri Halliwell was considered extremely attractive was 1997!

Well yeah I never disputed that. Vitriol about a person's face and other physical features they have no control over involves effort though. Not a good sign. Doesn't matter if the people in question don't read it. I'd say SJP constantly sees it though - and she just keeps a low profile. Doesn't carry on like other "celebs" - the nastiness is just baffling. Especially when it comes from other women.

Your last sentence is so true and that's what got me. Women get enough sh*t for their looks so it's even more disappointing when it comes from other women. And it doesn't matter if she never reads the comments or if it's a "light hearted" thread or "well she's an actress and is expected to look perfect". Glad to see more people are calling this BS out

SJP is a perfectly nice looking woman. She may not be the most beautiful in the world but she's got a radiant smile and looks like a nice person, all totally separate to her famous TV character. I saw her on the US version of Who Do You Think You Are and she's very likeable and warm.

There's a Hemsworth out there who I don't think is anything special, but I can't remember which one. And having said that, he was on a chat show and seemed lovely as a person.

Michael Fassbender is a great actor, but just..no. He's got early-era-Bowie teeth, which doesn't help. Can't understand anyone fancying him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Candie wrote: »
    SJP is a perfectly nice looking woman. She may not be the most beautiful in the world but she's got a radiant smile and looks like a nice person, all totally separate to her famous TV character. I saw her on the US version of Who Do You Think You Are and she's very likeable and warm.

There's a Hemsworth out there who I don't think is anything special, but I can't remember which one. And having said that, he was on a chat show and seemed lovely as a person.

Michael Fassbender is a great actor, but just..no. He's got early-era-Bowie teeth, which doesn't help. Can't understand anyone fancying him.
    This is so hypocritical. You start off by defending SJP's looks and then totally rip Michael Fassbenber to shreads! Admit it, if even only to yourself. No one is immune to checking out others. Whether we admit it in a public forum or in the back of our minds, we all judge each other on looks. That doesn't make us bad people.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    This is so hypocritical. You start off by defending SJP's looks and then totally rip Michael Fassbenber to shreads! Admit it, if even only to yourself. No one is immune to checking out others. Whether we admit it in a public forum or in the back of our minds, we all judge each other on looks. That doesn't make us bad people.

Ah here, not exactly ripping him to shreds!

There's levels of vitriol that are over the top, comparing Fassbenders teeth to Bowies isn't quite as ott as comparing him to a horse or a foot.

Of course we all judge each other on looks, nobody is disputing that in a thread about people that we don't find attractive. There are ways of saying it that simply aren't warranted, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Homelander

It's also not about ripping into random people, or random celebrities, looks. No-one's on here criticizing Vincent Brown, Brian Dobson or Pat Kenny for their lack of hotness.

It's about discussing people who are widely recognised and heralded as being attractive, therefore are fair game for public discussion.

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Calm down, she said he has Bowie era teeth, hardly totally ripping him to shreds. Not like she said his teeth are hideous, some people (and many do) find that attractive. No way is it comparable to the unwarranted abuse the likes of SJP receives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Now Fassbender is reportedly, well endowed. Some might consider it a plus to the equation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    Sarah Jessica Parker is very cute in Hocus Pocus.

tumblr_nubb04hOqw1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

06b65d830fa2d5949f0727bd8967503a.png

Not a great still image of her from that film, but, yeah, I remember texting my cousin while I was watching Hocus Pocus asking was it wrong I liked her in that film. I also remember finding her cute in Flight of the Navigator.

There are some celebs who you see sometimes and they don't look great then other times you suddenly see it. Katy Perry is an example for me. Rihanna would be another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Mila Kunis
    Jessica Alba
    Taylor Swift
    Kate Beckinsale
    Rhianna

I'm sure that in real life if any of these women were to even look at me I'd faint on the spot - I feel ludicrous writing down their names - but, you know, we're just talking here.

For what it's worth: I'd happily give a ball and maybe a kidney to look anything remotely like Michael Fassbender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Also I'd say SJP has a pretty thick skin like. She can probably hardly Google herself without a bunch of memes comparing her to a horse or some people agreeing that it really pisses them off that she's somehow on telly even though they don't want to fcuk her. She could have changed her appearance, she didn't. I'd say she's sitting back enjoying the fortune she's made rather than worrying about what some forum users in Ireland think about her face.

Yeah really hate all the negativity and vile Sarah Jessica Parker has received over the years. It’s way over the top. I always thought she was an attractive woman, especially in her 20s.
    I remember reading an interview where she was so upset reading all the criticism about her looks. :(
    I find all the jokes about her looks quite nasty. And no I’m not on a high horse - its fine to say you don’t find someone attractive, but the repetitive ‘jokes’ are coming across as bitchy.

Rugby guys, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Daniel Craig, Tom Hardy - I’m not into the overly macho look. Used to like Christian Bale until he was horrible to that guy on set - such a turn-off.
    Never found Michael Buble attractive but then I saw his Christmas special where he invited his whole family onstage and it totally turned me around - personality can make or break you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

SJP looks like a jockeys wife.

Grenade%20image3%201280x720.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Yeah really hate all the negativity and vile Sarah Jessica Parker has received over the years.
    I find all the jokes about her looks quite nasty. And no I’m not on a high horse
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7 5ide5h0w

Clarkson said it best when he compared SJP to a boiled horse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Young SJP looked like Miyam Bialik aka Blossom Russo from the TV show Blossom.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcnzsoGOjneC9PfGf1mblq0GkxnnVA489JVNBmInQY79m27-JG2w
    s-l300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    Young SJP looked like Miyam Bialik aka Blossom Russo from the TV show Blossom.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcnzsoGOjneC9PfGf1mblq0GkxnnVA489JVNBmInQY79m27-JG2w
    s-l300.jpg

I'll add Amy Whinehouse and to a lesser degree Celine Dion to that harem of horses. On a side note, nobody get all bent out of shape when Richard Gere was being compared to a dog and Cumerbatch was being called an otter so let's all just chill the beans about the stallion that is SJP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Never got the thing with Heath Ledger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Hope sbsquarepants doesn't mind me linking to their post in another thread, but I don't know why all the fellas are so crazy about Princess Qajar :confused:

Sure you could see women like that in any nightclub in Ireland!

Tammy! wrote: »
    Never got the thing with Heath Ledger

Oh Tammy! I've agreed with all your posts so far but not wanting to bone Heath?! How could you!

• Advertisement

Porklife wrote: »
    Oh Tammy! I've agreed with all your posts so far but not wanting to bone Heath?! How could you!

:pac:

It was that film 10 Things I Hate About You! It was just so bad!

@Porklife, I don't think either Cumberbatch or Gere have had the same level of vitriol. Can I just remind you of your post: "She's known as being unattractive. There's a joke that goes.... Sarah Jessica Parker walks into a bar....the bartender says...why the long face
    She looks like a witch or a shoe people. No woman wants to look like her!!"

Dripping with vitriol and nastiness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Porklife wrote: »
    I'll add Amy Whinehouse and to a lesser degree Celine Dion to that harem of horses.

Woahh!!! Has anybody EVER said Celine Dion was "extremely attractive"?

She's the Munter's Munter.

:pac:

It was that film 10 Things I Hate About You! It was just so bad!

I agree the movie is a cringe fest but he's so puurtyy 🥰

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Yeah really hate all the negativity and vile Sarah Jessica Parker has received over the years. It’s way over the top. I always thought she was an attractive woman, especially in her 20s.
    I remember reading an interview where she was so upset reading all the criticism about her looks. :(
    I find all the jokes about her looks quite nasty. And no I’m not on a high horse - its fine to say you don’t find someone attractive, but the repetitive ‘jokes’ are coming across as bitchy.

Rugby guys, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Daniel Craig, Tom Hardy - I’m not into the overly macho look. Used to like Christian Bale until he was horrible to that guy on set - such a turn-off.
    Never found Michael Buble attractive but then I saw his Christmas special where he invited his whole family onstage and it totally turned me around - personality can make or break you!

I can guarantee you no right thinking man would turn down SJP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Did a "search this thread" and can't believe that nobody has put Madonna.

And I don't just mean now when she's 60. I mean EVER. Couldn't see what the big deal was.

Complete dog. And with a personality to match.

Just me?

• Advertisement

@Porklife, I don't think either Cumberbatch or Gere have had the same level of vitriol. Can I just remind you of your post: "She's known as being unattractive. There's a joke that goes.... Sarah Jessica Parker walks into a bar....the bartender says...why the long face

Thanks for reminding of my earlier post, I'd forgotten how spot on and witty it was 😀

Woahh!!! Has anybody EVER said Celine Dion was "extremely attractive"?

She's the Munter's Munter.

I thought she looked well in Titanic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭screamer

Queue em all up, no interest in them. Have to have a personality to be attractive.
    Brad Pitt, Clooney, De Caprio, all yuckles. 0 interest if they turned up at my door I’d close it on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

You have to wait till the end :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I never understood the attraction to Angelina jolie

• Advertisement

I'm joking with you Lotus but never ever watch South Park!!!

I'm joking with you Lotus but never ever watch South Park!!!

Ha, I'm already a huge South Park fan. The difference is that that's a show that rips the piss out of *everyone*. I just hate seeing women being extremely nasty (yes, nasty, not witty or spot on) about other women because they don't meet conventional standards

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

And I don't just mean now when she's 60. I mean EVER. Couldn't see what the big deal was.

Just me?

Thats it.You are dead to me:mad:

Ha, I'm already a huge South Park fan. The difference is that that's a show that rips the piss out of *everyone*. I just hate seeing women being extremely nasty (yes, nasty, not witty or spot on) about other women because they don't meet conventional standards

Say that to Tom Cruise and Mel Gibson :D

I think it's just a thing with celebrities where they create a public image of themselves and use it to their advantage so they often get put on an unrealistic pedastal but can also get the opposite side to that too.

They're public image is very much a character aswell i suppose. It's not to be taken seriously. It's just posters messing and I doubt they would take it seriously either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I never understood the attraction to Angelina jolie

Ah no,she was extremely attractive when she was younger,bit of a looper but had it all until that alien "leg" incident,now she scares me.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Hokuto

Benedict Cumberbatch
    ...ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

South Park is love, South Park is life.

#SouthPark4Eva

#GoddamnLochNessMonsterIAintGivingYouNoThreeFiddy

Jennifer Lawrence. Just don't find her attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

And then asking do you look like a horse. Wtf is wrong with them.

Madonna was obviously good looking when younger too. Not fancying someone doesn't make them a "total dog".

Tom Selleck used to be considered an extremely hot older man. Couldn't for the life of me understand why. Now obviously it would be beyond idiotic of me to say he's a dog though - I just don't fancy him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

All the thin,small breasted women staring in movies today

They do nothing for me

Just me?

What's wrong with her personality? I like that she always blazed a trail and gave zero fcuks as to what her critics thought

• Advertisement

My all time favourite Madonna moment:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,701 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Melania Trump.

Her face doesn't look natural at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,557 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The vast majority of irish models over the past number of years, the crowd that work for assets and show up the opening of a supermacs and get a photo in the daily star.
    Katy french, andrea roche, roz purcell, vogue williams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,297 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

What's wrong with her personality? I like that she always blazed a trail and gave zero fcuks as to what her critics thought

Question asked and answered in the same post :D

No I liked that she was an out of the blocks out of her box trailblazer too, about 30 years back when she was genuinely causing all sorts of people to get their knickers in a twist, but then she came back with the whole Kabbalah thing, the OTT effort to change herself up and I just thought “Jesus she’s a dose!” :rolleyes:

Saying that though, “Like a Prayer” encompasses some the best both - her work, attitude, and she does look incredible in the video :o

Though I do understand for a lot of people she wouldn’t float their boat looks wise, she’s tried a few different ones over the decades you’d imagine there’s almost one for everyone’s taste! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Not a new trend, to have flat chested women in Hollywood.
    Victor Mature and Janet Leigh starred together in a film. Groucho Marx said he was distrurbed to see a film where the male lead had bigger cleavage than the female lead.

Ivanka Trump. Very attractive young woman.. .. .. until that is when she decides to turn on her brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

5ide5h0w wrote: »
    Clarkson said it best when he compared SJP to a boiled horse

Clarkson is one nasty man and isn't exactly gorgeous himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Question asked and answered in the same post :D

No I liked that she was an out of the blocks out of her box trailblazer too, about 30 years back when she was genuinely causing all sorts of people to get their knickers in a twist, but then she came back with the whole Kabbalah thing, the OTT effort to change herself up and I just thought “Jesus she’s a dose!” :rolleyes:

Saying that though, “Like a Prayer” encompasses some the best both - her work, attitude, and she does look incredible in the video :o

Though I do understand for a lot of people she wouldn’t float their boat looks wise, she’s tried a few different ones over the decades you’d imagine there’s almost one for everyone’s taste! :D

She is still trailblazing.This time its against the ageist ****e. So fai balls to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

jaxxx wrote: »
    Jennifer Lawrence. Just don't find her attractive.

I always assumed she'd be absolute filth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

CastorTroy wrote: »
    There are some celebs who you see sometimes and they don't look great then other times you suddenly see it. Katy Perry is an example for me.
    I don't think Katy suits the short haired look at all. She looks great with her shoulder length black hair.

Advertisement