Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vistakon, Limerick

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

but its less stressful than the production line...yes?

Ya it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Triona00

Hi

Is it 3 shifts in the week to work with Vistakon (12 hrs) as a process technician.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 limerick17

I worked there on the line for two years. Worst place I ever worked.

You would work 2 shifts one week and five the next

Hi

Does any one have any knowledge on trying to get work as a general operator?

I'm waiting to do Innopharma level 6 course. Does any companies recruit for gen operator prior to completing course.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Triona00 wrote: »
    Hi

Does any one have any knowledge on trying to get work as a general operator?

I'm waiting to do Innopharma level 6 course. Does any companies recruit for gen operator prior to completing course.

Cpl recruitment on the dock road, Limerick. They will sort you out . They go through workers fast enough as they more or less pay minimum wage . Or minimum wage plus 33% for shift work.

• Advertisement

Limpy wrote: »
    Cpl recruitment on the dock road, Limerick. They will sort you out . They go through workers fast enough as they more or less pay minimum wage . Or minimum wage plus 33% for shift work.

What duties do gen operators do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I did the Innopharma course last year, and was hired by Telefkex Medical in annacotty before I finished the course.
    they are hiring operators at the moment as far as I know, and the course isn't necessary.

The pay is ok(a little lower than others), but the shift cycle is dead handy. Mon to Fri 5 x 8 he days. 8 - 4 one week, 4 - 12 the following week.

Some areas busier than others. pot luck as to where you end up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Birdie086 wrote: »
    I did the Innopharma course last year, and was hired by Telefkex Medical in annacotty before I finished the course.
    they are hiring operators at the moment as far as I know, and the course isn't necessary.

is that the course that goes on at thomond park?

Re: Teleflex ..i was told its dead boring...would you be standing or sitting most of the time?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

What duties do gen operators do?

Sitting down inspecting lenses for defects or packaging them at the end of line. No qualifications needed.

I know a few who went on to work full time without a qualification on the lines. It's all about who you know out there if you don't have a degree.

Birdie086 wrote: »

The pay is ok(a little lower than others), but the shift cycle is dead handy. Mon to Fri 5 x 8 he days. 8 - 4 one week, 4 - 12 the following week.

Some areas busier than others. pot luck as to where you end up.

Did you have to do any assessment to get into teleflex?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Re: Teleflex ..i was told its dead boring...would you be standing or sitting most of the time?

That's pretty much the same with any job in high volume manufacturing in any industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

That's pretty much the same with any job in high volume manufacturing in any industry.

Ya it's the course at Thomond park. I'm just about to start doing it. Had an Induction day yesterday for the course. Extremely positive. Looks to be a very good course.

Sorry replied to the roweong post

Yup it's the course in Thomand park. level 6 minor award. Enjoyable enough.

And ya the work is repetitive but that's the nature of it. You have to pay close attention to what you are doing but it's fairly straightforward.
    Depends on where you are and what you doing as to whether you are sitting or standing.

Did you have to do any assessment to get into teleflex?

Did a mechanical reasoning and a dexterity test with a recruitment agency . Straightforward and fairly well explained. They are no longer using a recruitment agency and are hiring directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Monkey222

Do vistakon drug test?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Monkey222 wrote: »
    Do vistakon drug test?

Yes, but if it's a bit of smoking you do...the tests are easy to pass

At what point do these tests take place?

If anyone knows at what point they test employees, could they please share

are Flexsources the only agency that does recruitment for them??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭9935452

• Advertisement

^^^ and is there any advantage to which one you sign up with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭9935452

I could be wrong but i think cpl would be more for the technical jobs and flexsource more operator jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

I 2nd u on that in my 50s and worked all my life ..Couldn't believe there is a place like that in ireland in this day and age ran out ...

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

^^^^

Can you elaborate, please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭homingbird

The only way to findout is go for a interview & tell them you saw this online when they ask you why you would like to work here.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Let's cut to the chase - is it a nightmare? yes or no?

Advertisement