Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Eir

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

limnam wrote: »

Got a link sent to email to confirm cancellation, which provided date of cease.

i didnt get anything like that.

i just logged into my account online and it says something along the lines of "this account has been deactivated"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,899 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The regulator should take a firm hand with these companies.
    Anything purchased in a shop should be capable of being cancelled by calling to that shop.
    Anything purchased online should be capable of being cancelled online in one transaction.
    Chances of it happening - unfortunately nil.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

elperello wrote: »
    The regulator should take a firm hand with these companies.
    Anything purchased in a shop should be capable of being cancelled by calling to that shop.
    Anything purchased online should be capable of being cancelled online in one transaction.
    Chances of it happening - unfortunately nil.

agree.

it should be easier still: in germany, i could cancel my internet service by logging into my account. they had a section online dedicated to cancelling the service - no calling and stupid hotline queue necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

limnam wrote: »
    Cancelled mine yesterday. Went fairly straight forward. (so far)

Called 1800 504 110(10 min wait time)

Got a link sent to email to confirm cancellation, which provided date of cease.

Address to send modem and was done.

If it works in the end, fairly painless!

Where you out of contract? HOw much noticedid they want?

I'm almost out of contract. Tried calling their customer service team tonight just after 6.They dont have any customer service after 6 ..itsbeyond me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Something I would like clarified ....... as I understand it Eir invoices for broadband one month in advance.

So when a customer ceases the broadband, or switches to another provider, how is this handled?

Do Eir then either issue a credit against an already issued (if not yet paid) invoice or cancel the invoice and issue a more accurate one?

(it seems impossible to get clarification from eir)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

Something I would like clarified ....... as I understand it Eir invoices for broadband one month in advance.

So when a customer ceases the broadband, or switches to another provider, how is this handled?

Do Eir then either issue a credit against an already issued (if not yet paid) invoice or cancel the invoice and issue a more accurate one?

(it seems impossible to get clarification from eir)

I'm cancelling 10 days before end of paid month so should find that out on 19th although my focus was on not getting another bill tbh..any credit would be real unexpected bonus.

I finally got someone to cancel the line (or atleast the person in loyalty told me they had). I asked for confirmation but all I could get was a reference number so hopefully that'll do it. However they also said it would cease within 24 hours and my line still has tone so who knows :confused:

Jim

westyIrl wrote: »
    I'm cancelling 10 days before end of paid month so should find that out on 19th although my focus was on not getting another bill tbh..any credit would be real unexpected bonus.

I finally got someone to cancel the line (or atleast the person in loyalty told me they had). I asked for confirmation but all I could get was a reference number so hopefully that'll do it. However they also said it would cease within 24 hours and my line still has tone so who knows :confused:

Jim

Reason I asked is that I switched BB just a day before end of rolling contract month, and the phone was switched on the due date ........ but of course I have already received the invoice for next month.

I did get a confirmation written letter from Eir .....
    "We have received your notice to switch to another provider and we're sorry to hear you are leaving us."

The letter seems to say that I have nothing further to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,379 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I had a heck of a battle leaving Eir, in the end I contacted them through Boards 'talk to' and finally got a result. It was beyond frustrating though.

looksee wrote: »
    I had a heck of a battle leaving Eir, in the end I contacted them through Boards 'talk to' and finally got a result. It was beyond frustrating though.

and they got rid of that avenue of extricating oneself from them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭limnam

Where you out of contract? HOw much noticedid they want?

I'm almost out of contract. Tried calling their customer service team tonight just after 6.They dont have any customer service after 6 ..itsbeyond me :D

Out of contract. I think 30 days for line 28 for BB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

I'm about to cancel my out of contract Eir mobile broadband. I'm going to try the Limnam route.

I'll keep you posted.

ok bad start. All of the phone numbers ask you to enter a phone number or account number. I am an old meteor customer and for some reason my details aren't accepted. So got on to useless webchat and when I explained my phone problem he said I had to write a letter to the cancellation team at Heuston South quarter dublin 8.

My blood is boiling already. I've already had tons of trouble with them. Hence the cancellation.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

hubba wrote: »
    ok bad start. All of the phone numbers ask you to enter a phone number or account number. I am an old meteor customer and for some reason my details aren't accepted. So got on to useless webchat and when I explained my phone problem he said I had to write a letter to the cancellation team at Heuston South quarter dublin 8.

My blood is boiling already. I've already had tons of trouble with them. Hence the cancellation.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You can try what I did, its cheeky but none the less it's eir so its a mental health issue. Ring and get put through to loyalty/cancellations, say you sent the letter a month ago (have a sent date and address to hand) so they must've lost it, and you want it cancelled asap. Get a reference number.

Reason I asked is that I switched BB just a day before end of rolling contract month, and the phone was switched on the due date ........ but of course I have already received the invoice for next month.

I did get a confirmation written letter from Eir .....
    "We have received your notice to switch to another provider and we're sorry to hear you are leaving us."

The letter seems to say that I have nothing further to do.

Just ensure you cancel the direct debit.

Just ensure you cancel the direct debit.

I am covered with that .... no DD. Paid by bill.

I am now in the situaiton that I need to query a coupls of things and cannot seem to determine how or who to contact in Eir.

I have queries on the last bill ...... there is a double charge for some calls and of course there is a charge for a whole months service of which I used less than 10 days, so there needs to be a credit on that also.

In addition I received a letter and Parcel Motel Returns label for my router .... but they have specified a different router to what was supplied to me.
    That too needs to be changed before I return it else they will not receive the device they have asked for and they will charge me.

Is there a direct email address or physical address for the Eir Accounts Dept.?
    I spent a couple of hours before lunch with Eir's useless chat to no avail ..... the first chat ended when my messages failed to go through, and no other indication I was being abandoned.
    At least the second chat person stayed with it until I gave up.

Hehehehe ..... I even tried Eir support by phone, and when I entered my phone number and on second call my account number, I got the same response ........ they have no record of either! :D
    So that could not go any further.

It would be impossible to make this shít up and have anyone believe Eir is a communications company!

Anyone got a likely address for me to write to? ....... I will go trawling through previous posts as I believe there are a couple of addresses posted. Hopefully I might find something useful.

With my BB and phone now safe in someone else's hands I really do not care how long this takes as I will not be paying them anything until both sides agree on the final bill. :)

EDIT:

It looks like my best bet is to write a letter to

Accounts Department,
    eir,
    Unit 4030,
    Kingswood Avenue,
    Citywest Business Campus,
    Dublin 24.
    D24 YK12

and hope someone reads the thing!

You can try what I did, its cheeky but none the less it's eir so its a mental health issue. Ring and get put through to loyalty/cancellations, say you sent the letter a month ago (have a sent date and address to hand) so they must've lost it, and you want it cancelled asap. Get a reference number.

Thanks but the first thing that happens when you call is that they ask you to type in your account number. I can't get further than that as it isn't recognised. :mad: But I like your thinking!

Well I thought I was doing well. Called the loyalty team via sales and got someone. Was offered s good deal on mobiles and he put me on hold to check a discount on the broadband.
    On hold 10 minutes and line dropped.
    I spent another 20 trying to get them back on the phone before they closed at 6...no one called me back. Wasn't impressed.

Will try again on the way to work in the morning and if not I'm putting a registered letter in the post to cancel.

Total time today 45 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭nsi423

Is it possible to cancel by going into an eir store? Serious question, I might be in this situation myself soon

nsi423 wrote: »
    Is it possible to cancel by going into an eir store? Serious question, I might be in this situation myself soon

Nope...at least I don't think you can

https://www.eir.ie/switching/
    Under eir standard terms & conditions; you are required to give 30 days' written notice of your request to cease your eir service(s). Failure to provide notice of your intention to cease may result in (1) your services not being ceased and you will continue to be billed as normal for your usual services, or (2) your service being ceased while you may be liable for an additional 30 days line rental charge. If you are within the minimum term for your services from eir you may be liable for early cease charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,899 ✭✭✭✭elperello

nsi423 wrote: »

No.
    All they will do is give you advice on how to cancel which may be correct or not depending on who you are talking to.

• Advertisement

I got to speak to someone.
    Got a deal of 49.99 for FttH and 9.99 for 12 months on 2 mobiles.
    They had offered me 55 down from 65 but why would I pay more than airwire!!
    Had to get her to speak to a supervisor.
    Anyway, call competed in 30 minutes on the way to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Kiwi John

I am in the same position.

Cancelled mobile broadband 2months ago after alot calls being transferred ,cut off the usual eir customer experience.

Now they have taken another payment. Can't even get through on the online chat as my account number and mobile number not recognised.

Will try email today .

Advertisement