Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stove Installation

• 20-11-2019 4:52pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Would anyone be able to recommend someone to come and install a stove for me? It's a free standing stove and will be put into an existing fireplace.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭black & white

Treaty Fireplaces & Stoves

34 John's St, Centre, Limerick, V94 T189

Phone: (061) 413 000

I've used them and they're excellent, really know what they're doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭djdunny

I can recommend Kieran Yelverton in Fineline out in Clonara. Did a great job for us 2 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

djdunny wrote: »
    I can recommend Kieran Yelverton in Fineline out in Clonara. Did a great job for us 2 years ago.

I second this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Souness

http://www.chimneyreliningservices.com/

Mick did my installation and would recommend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Treaty Fireplaces & Stoves

34 John's St, Centre, Limerick, V94 T189

Phone: (061) 413 000

I've used them and they're excellent, really know what they're doing

Knows what he's talking about and knows how to charge for it. He was quoting me crazy money for a job I got done by someone else. While doing my research I was also informed that he is not recommended in the business by others doing similar work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭padjocollins

anyone recommend someone to install a stove in cork and not charge a fortune ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Knows what he's talking about and knows how to charge for it. He was quoting me crazy money for a job I got done by someone else. While doing my research I was also informed that he is not recommended in the business by others doing similar work.

My wife talked to him and he waffled on talking about how expensive it was going to be. She didn't like him and we went elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Ryan Stoves have put in stoves for two of my neighbours recently. Both of them were very happy with the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭maddog1983

anyone recommend someone to install a stove in cork and not charge a fortune ?

sorry for jumping in did you manage to find anyone who is reasonably priced,im looking myself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭gerandy

Ryan stoves in Yellow bridge, Nenagh highly recommened also. They also travel the country fro delivery so imagine they may also install.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 LondonR

In a similar situation here in the West. I have a free-standing stove, and the hearth and chimney have all been prepared already by our builder. I've been quoted €450 for installation from a stove fitter (not including parts (€180 for 6" flexi flu and €50 for two bags of vermicille). Would you say this is cheap or expensive?

maddog1983 wrote: »
    sorry for jumping in did you manage to find anyone who is reasonably priced,im looking myself?

i didn't find anyone.

LondonR wrote: »
    In a similar situation here in the West. I have a free-standing stove, and the hearth and chimney have all been prepared already by our builder. I've been quoted €450 for installation from a stove fitter (not including parts (€180 for 6" flexi flu and €50 for two bags of vermicille). Would you say this is cheap or expensive?

do you think he would fit a stove in cork for that ? setup is similar to yours. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LondonR

do you think he would fit a stove in cork for that ? setup is similar to yours. thanks

I doubt it - he was flat out with local business here in North Galway.

It took the 2 men from 8:30am til 3pm to fit the stove. They did a lovely job. Total cost ended up being €450 for labour and €350 for parts (6” flexi liner for 2 storey house, plate and vermiculite). It was a bit of a shock because I managed to get the stove (delivered) for €200 on done deal!! But having seen the time, equipment and skill it takes, it seems like fair enough pay as long as the job is done right.

I was quoted €400 for labour from another place (but more in parts than the guy I went with), and €600 from another spot. Both fairly local. Worth shopping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Steve1962

Hi

i also need a stove installed near Ennis, I already have the stove but need everything else can someone please recommend someone?

thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭John_Mc

This was our exact experience with Treaty. He waffled on and on and repeatedly talked about how expensive it was going to be. We went elsewhere because we simply didn't like or trust him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

Advertisement