Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Purchases 2.0 - Mod note in first post

• 05-02-2020 1:11pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Welcome to the latest purchases thread, show us what you've put in your shopping bag lately!

A few general guidelines:

Please do not quote a picture just to say that you like the item. This is what the Thanks button is for!

Please state where you got the item.

This thread is for latest purchases only, if you're looking for recommendations or have another query, feel free to start a new thread.

It's not a chat thread, we have the Chatwalk if you just want a natter :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

14206138-1-pink?$XXL$&wid=513&fit=constrain

Got that the other day from Asos. Black would have been preferred but sure pink is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

kintaro starting the thread as he means to go on :)

kintaro starting the thread as he means to go on :)

100%.

(I should just clarify for anyone who doesn't know me, these aren't for me.... well not directly anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

100%.

(I should just clarify for anyone who doesn't know me, these aren't for me.... well not directly anyway)

Now I'm curious! Who are they for!?

Now I'm curious! Who are they for!?

Well the missus of course. I wouldn't quite have the figure to pull it off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Any reason why you only post pics of the leather clothes you buy her?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Any reason why you only post pics of the leather clothes you buy her?

That's mainly all I buy for her. In terms of 'normal' clothes, if I thought something was stylish and cool..... she'd have other thoughts so I don't get her anything like that. What she wears day to day is entirely up to her. She doesn't have to wear leather. I buy it, if she wears it, great, if she doesn't, it's a pity but not the end of the world.
    From the very beginning of our relationship I was quite clear that I love a lady in leather and would like if she wore it sometimes- heading out or at home and she obliged. I'd never force her to wear anything, I'm not that monstrous. If she does, yay. If she doesn't, it's a shame, maybe another time.

Well the missus of course. I wouldn't quite have the figure to pull it off!
    That's mainly all I buy for her. In terms of 'normal' clothes, if I thought something was stylish and cool..... she'd have other thoughts so I don't get her anything like that. What she wears day to day is entirely up to her. She doesn't have to wear leather. I buy it, if she wears it, great, if she doesn't, it's a pity but not the end of the world.
    From the very beginning of our relationship I was quite clear that I love a lady in leather and would like if she wore it sometimes- heading out or at home and she obliged. I'd never force her to wear anything, I'm not that monstrous. If she does, yay. If she doesn't, it's a shame, maybe another time.

I'm impressed that you buy her clothes, most men shudder at the thought of clothes shopping! & of course you are going to buy her what you'd like to see her wear :)

Just so you know, I've been following this thread ages & have seen your posts many a time... I always just assumed you were a woman with fab taste a fab figure :D

SozBbz wrote: »

Update: The dress is seriously fab. My only slight thought is to maybe exchange it for one size down. But the fabric is stunning and looks more expensive than it is so overall, really pleased.

The jumper is going back. Its just not really long enough (I've a long torso and big boobs) and its just not hitting me where I'd like. Shame, as it is lovely, just doesnt suit. I'd possibly try it on it a larger size but I've not seen it in store and the sizes arent online.

• Advertisement

Had a serious online shopping wobble last night.

https://www.mytheresa.com/euro_en/saint-laurent-lou-camera-leather-crossbody-bag-959420.html?catref=category

in my minor defence, there was 10% off and free shipping.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Feel I should justify this purchase after the sustainability thread :pac:

Bargain of the century, Barney's leather biker jacket, €380, reduced to €80, and a further 20% off, so came in at €64! Fits great, really soft leather and just lovely on.

I don't have a leather jacket and my last one was nicked from a Dublin bar that shall remain nameless :mad: It's been about 4 years and I'm still pissed off about it. I'd had the other one for years and it was worn in to perfection.

10656854-4?$XXL$&wid=513&fit=constrain

I believe Barney's is shutting down, there's great bargains to be had if anyone is after a leather jacket https://www.asos.com/barneys-originals/barneys-originals-leather-jacket-with-belt/prd/10656854?clr=&colourWayId=15132224&SearchQuery=barneys%20leather%20jacket

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh I am tempted by that! I’ve been contemplating a black leather jacket for quite a while now...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Daisy Flame

That's an amazing bargain Twee! Really tempted myself. Do you know what the sizing is like?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

That's an amazing bargain Twee! Really tempted myself. Do you know what the sizing is like?

I ordered a 12 and found it very true to size, fits perfectly. They've loads of other styles, but that one seems to have the biggest discount.

I'm dying for spring now so I can wear it!

Picked this deep purple suede skirt in Oasis for 26 quid. Absolute bargain & I'll have it for years *nods to the sustainability thread!*

oasis_07100444_1.jpg?sw=1980&sh=1767&sm=fit

Inspired by Twee, I too bought one of the Barney's Originals leather jackets (similar one, but not the exact same). I knew it looked short on the model, but ASOS claimed she was 5'8 and I'm only 5'5. It arrived today, and sadly it's a bloody crop top! It literally comes to my waist. I tried it on over gym gear, which obviously wasn't the best representation, but I can't see how it would look good over a top and jeans.

That being said, it might look okay over a dress that I wasn't wearing a cardigan with... I'm really unsure what to do! It's a lovely jacket and really soft, but I'm just not sure about the length of it. I'd just much rather it was hip-length :(. If I send it back, I'll never find such a good bargain again, but then again, it's not a good bargain if I don't wear it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Faith wrote: »
    Inspired by Twee, I too bought one of the Barney's Originals leather jackets (similar one, but not the exact same). I knew it looked short on the model, but ASOS claimed she was 5'8 and I'm only 5'5. It arrived today, and sadly it's a bloody crop top! It literally comes to my waist. I tried it on over gym gear, which obviously wasn't the best representation, but I can't see how it would look good over a top and jeans.

That being said, it might look okay over a dress that I wasn't wearing a cardigan with... I'm really unsure what to do! It's a lovely jacket and really soft, but I'm just not sure about the length of it. I'd just much rather it was hip-length :(. If I send it back, I'll never find such a good bargain again, but then again, it's not a good bargain if I don't wear it!

Which jacket did you buy Faith? Was it labelled as cropped length in the description? Because you might have a case that it was ‘not as described’....

Also I have a top tip for anyone buying from ASOS, make sure you buy in pound sterling (you can still set the location to Ireland). Especially if you are using Revolut, it could save you a few euro :)

I got this one: https://www.asos.com/barneys-originals/barneys-originals-leather-biker-jacket-with-mock-croc-panels/prd/12278866

It's not described as cropped, but returns aren't a problem either (I live in the UK). It's more a question of whether to keep it or send it back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I got this one: https://www.asos.com/barneys-originals/barneys-originals-leather-biker-jacket-with-mock-croc-panels/prd/12278866

It's not described as cropped, but returns aren't a problem either (I live in the UK). It's more a question of whether to keep it or send it back!

Ah, I see. I wish you all the best with your decision :P It's a lovely jacket

Barneys Originals have a sale on their own website, but Asos are offering a slightly better discount to be fair.

Edit to add: I actually found it on their site, and it does indeed look much shorter when compared to the asos images.

Oh no! That's a pity. You're dead right though, it's not a bargain if you don't wear it! Maybe try on with some dresses and see if you'll get the wear out if it?

Yep, it’s going back :(. It just makes me look quite fat and squat!

Twee, what’s the length like on yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Just spent 250 on a new Michael Kors bag and feeling very guilty about it. Ive never bought a designer bag in my life and should be saving but I really liked it and my birthdays coming up so decided to treat myself. Still cant shake that shameful feeling though. My mother would kill me if she knew id spent that much money on a handbag.

Just spent 250 on a new Michael Kors bag and feeling very guilty about it. Ive never bought a designer bag in my life and should be saving but I really liked it and my birthdays coming up so decided to treat myself. Still cant shake that shameful feeling though. My mother would kill me if she knew id spent that much money on a handbag.

Can you afford it?

Is it putting you under financial strain?

Do you LOVE it?

Will you get use out of it?

If the answers are Yes, No, Yes and Yes, then I see no problem :)

Jut don't tell your mother. If she thinks thats expensive, then she's probably not a handbag aficionado and probably won't even notice the label.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

SozBbz wrote: »
    Can you afford it?

Is it putting you under financial strain?

Do you LOVE it?

Will you get use out of it?

If the answers are Yes, No, Yes and Yes, then I see no problem :)

Jut don't tell your mother. If she thinks thats expensive, then she's probably not a handbag aficionado and probably won't even notice the label.

Thanks SozBbz,
    Youre so right, I can afford it, I could pay it outright if I wanted but decided to buy it with a credit card so I can put a few euro away each week until the bill comes next month.
    I will get loads of use out of it too, its very suitable for work. Just thinking how that 250 could go have gone towards my savings but feck it, it's done now and the bags beautiful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I know how you feel. I chickened out of buying my Michael Kors bag a couple of times. I was sweating at the thoughts of spending so much money on one thing, and like yourself I'd never bought a designer handbag before.

Black Friday, 20% off and I bit the bullet. So glad I did and it would have been worth it even if I paid full price. I've had it for years now, use it most days as my work handbag. It's frayed a little on the handles, probably my own fault for overfilling it. But it's still in good condition and will be in use for years to come. I've cheap high street bags I haven't got near as much use out of.

Yep, it’s going back :(. It just makes me look quite fat and squat!

Twee, what’s the length like on yours?

Sorry I missed this! My one comes just beyond my hip bones, it'll sit nicely with jeans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Margan

Twee. wrote: »
    I believe Barney's is shutting down, there's great bargains to be had if anyone is after a leather jacket

Thanks for this Twee! I already have a leather jacket but clicked to see what else was on offer. Got myself a pair of leather gloves in mock croc. With the 25% discount that was offer a few days ago I code got them for €18.

https://www.asos.com/barneys-originals/barneys-originals-real-leather-gloves-in-mock-croc/prd/12927214?clr=&colourWayId=16467779&SearchQuery=barney%27s

Advertisement