Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBS Authenticator App

• 08-03-2020 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭

Anyone having problems with the EBS Authenticator app? Got the code in the post, registered my phone but I’m unable to generate the One Time Passcode. Any advice? Anyone have a similar experience? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Can you be more specific...

After pairing the device, the login procedure is...
    1. Enter login ID
    2. At next page enter the requested digits from PAC
    3. At next page, either...
    A. Accept notification on phone app
    OR
    B. Enter OTP from the app

X. Is it step 3B that isn't working...
    Y. Is app not generating OTP...
    Z. Is the OTP entry box not appearing on the screen...

If it's (Z) then put phone in airplane mode so that push notification fails and OTP entry option appears on the login page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭sidekick

Thank you, this is helpful. Will follow the above and let you know. Might take a day or two as I need to talk to my dad, he is the one having the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

its a pretty crap system. 9 times out of 10 it takes two or more goes to get into the account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭horse7

does,nt work with a poco 4 pro phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,480 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

check if notifications are enabled for the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

EBS online is useless. There is no app. The debit card cannot be used on Apple pay. Two factor authentication doesn't work automatically anymore, need to use authenticator app.

They must not be investing much in their tech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭horse7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

I noticed that an app push notification to Approve access will more likely not appear on wifi while it will most likely appear on a mobile network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

Of course they aren't, for many years. AIB was forced to take over EBS years ago and never had the right reasons to invest - they do that with AIB. EBS should be sold to another European bank, but doubtfuly someone wants to enter the Irish banking market.

Mind, EBS is the only physical bank in Ireland with a fee-free current account. So I suggest you to stop complaining, otherwise they will make us to pay for the service, in order to invest into convenience. Want a more decent service? Move to AIB, BOI or PTSB, or a virtual bank.

Post edited by Citrus_8 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I have a "spare" account with EBS, not my current account, that is with one of the more user friendly banks. Shame though that EBS doesn't have an app, but you have rightly pointed out why this is. I just couldn't keep track of things in a current account with EBS at the moment. Revolut is another account I have, which I find is ace too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Easy to get around the Google/Apple Pay issue by getting a Curve Card and linking your EBS card to that.

Advertisement