Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes on donedeal, ebay, adverts etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭H_Lime

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I have my eye on a bike on Donedeal but sure you cant view it or get anywhere near it at the moment
    This is true and I imagine there's a lot of owners who will need to sell because of bat flu as well. Mad times on every front eh.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-vfr400-nc30/24627660
    Desirable yokes, well to me anyway. Strong money but looks clean. Missing decals and no pic of lhs. Has a buddy bike, cbr250?

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-goldwing-1800cc/24561531
    All the toys and extras indeed...

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/suzuki-dr-350/24494058
    Didn't know the army used them. Yanks love these as did the terra circa boyos. Darien gap here I come. Without a book the price is ambitious to me. Lovely tho.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2007-yamaha-fz6/24533080
    For Lenny:)

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/ktm-990-sm/24556512
    Giz a go.
    Where's the cans!

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/1978-cb750-cafe-racer-dublin-build/22535355
    Sooner have the cb750 but that's me fir ya. Have to say he spent and it looks like it wasn't for flipping but rather to own. Paint is top job, stainless spokes on fresh rims, engine prepared lovely. If you have to butcher one do it this way. I'm guessing he's looking for..... 5500?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Japcati2020

Just bought a lovely Ktm supermoto off DD.
    In mint condition too with full SH.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I have my eye on a bike on Donedeal but sure you cant view it or get anywhere near it at the moment

Course you can, just dont be silly about it....I got a lovely Honda NC700X last week. Was very straight forward and no ball-yocks at all....... Quick spin for 5-10 mins and you will know if the bike is straight or not.

All done and dusted in 25 mins, never got close left money on wall in envelope and job done. Granted the other lad was sound, if you get some messer it could get messy alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I have been in and out of Done Deal for about 2 years and sometimes can't help but think, how can the seller justify 2000-3000 euros for a 22 years old bike. Not just shop but some private sellers are matching those prices. Considering the bike community in Ireland I would think the supply of bikes is matching that. So no I do not think its a supplier issue. plenty coming in from overseas.

Dan.

What is described as mint condition or showroom condition on the internet can sometimes be a "crock of sh!t" in the flesh.

DD is great for lots of ads like that..........:pac::pac::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

H_Lime wrote: »

Why does throwing on a brown seat, chopping off god knows how much of a frame and adding some really ****e tyres(for the road) add up to that money?

Don't get me started on the exhaust wrap................

KildareMan wrote: »
    Why does throwing on a brown seat, chopping off god knows how much of a frame and adding some really ****e tyres(for the road) add up to that money?

Don't get me started on the exhaust wrap................

Yep, I wish him luck with the sale but can't see it happening at 9k but then again I'm not into blacked out r100 cafe racers on knobblies that are pro built from the ground up so what da fudge do I know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

Yep, I wish him luck with the sale but can't see it happening at 9k but then again I'm not into blacked out r100 cafe racers on knobblies that are pro built from the ground up so what da fudge do I know ;)

Love the irony of cafe racer / knobblies :eek:

AND the VW Transporter with ****e paint job. Cloud Cookoo land

Exhaust wrap gives it 20hp more instantly.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,905 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Exhaust wrap gives it 20hp more instantly.........
    And will do severe damage to the exhaust headers as well.
    Not good stuff that wrap especially in condition like we have here with a lot of moisture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I think when the lockdown ends we will see a big increase in bikes for sale. Sadly, I can't see buyers lining up to spend. God only knows what Harley in Dublin and Waterford will do as they will not sell squid all in these uncertain times.

Dan.

I think when the lockdown ends we will see a big increase in bikes for sale. Sadly, I can't see buyers lining up to spend. God only knows what Harley in Dublin and Waterford will do as they will not sell squid all in these uncertain times.

Yah I reckon brands such as this and Ducati will take a hiding personally. Same for any "luxury item" type thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

It will be a buyers market alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Seeing bikes sold cheap being snapped up quickly already.
    Can't see much being sold for normal prices for a long time.
    Although prices had gotten out of hand.
    Fellas looking for 5-6k for bikes worth under 2k.
    I think bmw are going to have a lot of ex PCP bikes on there hands as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭gn3dr

blade1 wrote: »
    Seeing bikes sold cheap being snapped up quickly already.
    Can't see much being sold for normal prices for a long time.
    Although prices had gotten out of hand.
    Fellas looking for 5-6k for bikes worth under 2k.
    I think bmw are going to have a lot of ex PCP bikes on there hands as well.

Where are all the cheap ones or like you say are they snapped up so quickly that all the stuff that is too expensive just sits on Done deal? Bike price expectations in Ireland for 2nd hand stuff is crazy high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭batman_oh

gn3dr wrote: »
    Where are all the cheap ones or like you say are they snapped up so quickly that all the stuff that is too expensive just sits on Done deal? Bike price expectations in Ireland for 2nd hand stuff is crazy high.

Unfortunately people are looking at UK dealers here when setting prices. And UK dealers prices on used bikes are mental. 2006 R6's are looking for 5k sterling in places and you can often find new bikes discounted for less or similar money to a 4/5 year old version of the same thing. They will sit on used stock for years over there as they are more interested in keeping the PCP/finance madness ticking over

gn3dr wrote: »

Was interested in a few myself.
    They were gone within hours.

That 749 in Galway was tasty n cheap.

That 749 in Galway was tasty n cheap.

It was cheap for a good reason.
    Theres a story behind it as to why it was sold cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Someone's not afraid to do a bit of work for a nice bike...simple...

A hunch Japc?

A hunch Japc?

It's Italian, It'd be more suspect if it didn't have a story :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

The time has come to sell my Blackbird. What are your thoughts on selling at th moment. Stick up an ad now or wait for restrictions to ease later in the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,905 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The time has come to sell my Blackbird. What are your thoughts on selling at th moment. Stick up an ad now or wait for restrictions to ease later in the year?
    It depends on how much you want/need to sell, tough sell at the moment with restrictions, but later it could be harder with less cash around.

Bang it up I say but tbh you're best advertising it at the lowest possible price your willing to accept for it. Be a lot of competition to draw a fella in with a fist of readies.

Carb or fi?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Bang it up I say but tbh you're best advertising it at the lowest possible price your willing to accept for it. Be a lot of competition to draw a fella in with a fist of readies.

Carb or fi?

99 carb. I'll throw it up and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Not many good bikes in 400cc range, high kms and overpriced.

99 carb. I'll throw it up and see what happens.

Same as myself cept I'm 98 which I thought was last of the carbs, maybe yours was pre reg?
    What colour and mileage/condition. Fellas like buying these as a touring package so maybe don't strip any luggage or comfort goodies off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Stick it up Richard, I'm considering an early 'Bird as my next bike.

Advertisement