Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Billions [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Clareman wrote: »
    I think Axe has gone a bit too "super villain" the whole sworn enemy thing was a bit grating

Agree, they really need to dial that crap back next season.

Sworn enemy me bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭magic_murph

It all wrapped up a little too easy but I guess that the model for TV these days.
    The season over all has been a lower standard but still enjoyable from an entertainment point of view.

I think if Axe is going to the absolute villain then go all out – nobody is safe (except Wags – the man can d no wrong)

Taylor isn’t likeable at all so would like to see her get crushed and do it early in the next series then focus back on axe and chuck. I think it was the end of the first series where axe was tearing down the office to end with a stand off between him and Chuck – that was great TV. Bring that type of drama back.

Like people have said I hope the next season is the last and they wrap it up rather than flogging it into the ground – too many shows lately have done 1+ too many series and it just ruins the over all feeling for the show.

Taylor crushed
    Chuck beaten
    Axe to get richer and richer (Although I think the woman scored will come back to bite him big time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I think Connerty is done for good, and with this season's paddywhackery that doesn't bother me too much.

I also hope Rebecca comes back to stab Axe, even though I didn't like her character too much, and Chuck is more redeemable than Axe so I hope he and Taylor deliver the fatal blows.

I thought Axes monologue explaining to Rebecca about his thought process about
    the deal he pulled was very Patrick Bateman, I was laughing my head off at that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I thought Axes monologue explaining to Rebecca about his thought process about
    the deal he pulled was very Patrick Bateman, I was laughing my head off at that.
    Yeah, it was a bit much, but I think that it needed to be spelt out and tie back to moments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Well that didn’t end the way I would have liked, I really wanted Taylor to be crushed and left penniless

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Well that didn’t end the way I would have liked, I really wanted Taylor to be crushed and left penniless

Me too, though I'll take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Me too, though I'll take it.

No doubt Taylor will become the victor and take all the spoils next season
    The character is really annoying

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,874 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rick Hoffman (Suits) joins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭steve_r

May 3rd for people who didn't click the video

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭lindascribbler

Where can I watch Billions S5? It says Now TV but my package is Virgin media so will I have to wait until DVD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Where can I watch Billions S5? It says Now TV but my package is Virgin media so will I have to wait until DVD?

You can buy a NowTV pass 15 euro for two months at the moment just download the app and watch away.

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/watch-tv-shows-online

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

They're planning on showing the first 7 episodes and then the show goes on hiatus due to filming being halted because of ... well we all know what it's because of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

ixoy wrote: »
    They're planning on showing the first 7 episodes and then the show goes on hiatus due to filming being halted because of ... well we all know what it's because of.
    Ah feck it, thought this series was done.

The next year or two is going to be a worse drought than the writers strike :(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I would have thought filming was completed before quarantine measures were put in place. Lets say they stopped fiming in March and the show premieres at the beginning of May, it doesn't give a lot of time for post production. I'm only wondering out loud. The same happened with The Walking Dead. I think they film over the summer months but they pulled the show as well. Would have thought the current season would have been well finished by the time they pulled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I know I'll end up regretting it but I'll continue on with this, the first episode of season 5 didn't inspire me with any confidence at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I enjoyed the episode apart from the guest appearance part.

Billions is hammy thrash, but it’s very entertaining. Chuck’s dad is a great character.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I know I'll end up regretting it but I'll continue on with this, the first episode of season 5 didn't inspire me with any confidence at all.

Of the same opinion.I thought it was only so so.

Wouldn't still bet against a reconciliation of Chuck and Wendy.

No sign of Connerty.

I had no idea who Becky Lynch was but felt an understandable compulsion to google her when I heard the Irish lilt.

I enjoyed it mostly. Despite its flaws the two leads are great and Wags is always good for a laugh.

I wouldn't be expecting Connerty back though. I think he's done after last season's events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I was watching it and I was like is that a Limerick accent before they even panned to her. Fair dues to her but it was an awful cameo. It always starts off the same and then the deception and plans build. I already know how the end of this season will go, Axe and Chuck having a big face to face war speech and I'll still love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭steve_r

yeah, think the above posters nailed it. It's enjoyable for what it is, two leads always good value and a very entertaining supporting cast.

It's not trying to be anything its not, I think at this point it's just delivering what it's audience wants and I'm fine with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

becky lynch is from dublin isn't she? she was brought up in baldoyle, no way she has a limerick accent

becky lynch is from dublin isn't she? she was brought up in baldoyle, no way she has a limerick accent

Sorry dont know what I was thinking she grew up in Dublin, but ya shes from Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Where are ye watching the new season? Is it on sky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Bullocks wrote: »
    Where are ye watching the new season? Is it on sky?

my cousin records it and sends it to me

• Advertisement

will this season be on Sky Atlantic - had a look yesterday but no reference to it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

my cousin records it and sends it to me

I think we're related because my cousin does the same for me

The whole Deco Billionaire is an interesting twist, having Axe up against an equal is a new storyline idea at least but I can see Chuck becoming more and more a caricature of himself.

More of Axe v Chuck dynamic with their varied minions lined up but it's getting tiresome without a real end game.

Big fan of Corey Stoll since his House of Cards days.A new adversary for Axelrod but not entirely sure if he's nasty enough!

seligehgit wrote: »
    More of Axe v Chuck dynamic with their varied minions lined up but it's getting tiresome without a real end game.

Big fan of Corey Stoll since his House of Cards days.A new adversary for Axelrod but not entirely sure if he's nasty enough!

Where are you watching the new series?

Where are you watching the new series?

As referred to above, many of us have "american cousins" who send it to us.

Unfortunately it's against the forum rules to discuss methods and sources but everything that airs in the US can be found hours later online if one is that way inclined.

On episode 2...

I enjoyed it again. I just love these characters and their world, but Axe having an apparently equal rival that so far is getting the best of him, coupled with the simmering cold war between him and Chuck makes great watching.

Taylor isn't annoying me the same this season either but that's mostly because they have taken the character out of the spotlight it seems.

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    As referred to above, many of us have "american cousins" who send it to us.

Unfortunately it's against the forum rules to discuss methods and sources but everything that airs in the US can be found hours later online if one is that way inclined.

Cool - I'll reach out to my international family
    Surprised it wasn't picked up by Sky Atlantic again.

It probably has been, but there's usually a lag on most shows between US and UK/Irish air dates - unless it's a top thing like Game of Thrones which was pretty much same/next day here

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

:p

You may be able to reconnect with your family on Reddit. I reconnected with mine there after a family feud with Now TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭JohnnyRoyal

If your American cousin is in Ireland, you could use their American Itunes account to get a 1mth free trial of Showtime through the new Apple TV app. To set up their American Itunes account , your American cousin would need their American address and a US Itunes voucher I believe..... :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

This is all getting a bit too much "baddie of the week" for my liking, but I really want pizza for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Confirmed: That pizza looked amazing/ the show is going downhill fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

The pizza is the best part of the show.

This is rubbish so far, there is nothing happening and no plot developing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭cmac2009

rob316 wrote: »

Agreed. First time I've switched off mid episode in quite some time, not sure if I will continue with it. Quality has seriously deteriorated this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

The pizza is the best part of the show.

The acting by the pizzeria owner wasnt !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Comments on here don't bode well.

I was kinda losing interest late in the last series and was thinking the show has run its course.

Not sure I'll even start this new series now.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭al87987

It definitely has run its course. Not sure about a renewal for next season but they have to look to start wrapping things up soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,147 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It seems to be a failing of many series on TV, knowing when to call it a day while still producing decent quality.

Peaky Blinders suffered from it too, now Billions as well.

I guess while they are still generating interest and hence money, they will keep on producing.

rob316 wrote: »

Pretty poor fare this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Another poor episode. I thought it had sorta run its course last season so not really surprised .

They need to wrap it up ASAP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement