Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ming the Trouserless.

• 02-06-2020 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

News reaches us this afternoon that Luke 'Ming' Flanagan turned up for an online meeting of the EU Agriculture committee wearing one of his black shirts, and very little else....

Now Ming would appear to have been unaware of this fashion faux-pas being made known to his continental colleagues, but it's safe to say he is embarrassed by the whole incident.

Some might suggest that Ming does most of his talking out of the bottom half of his body anyway, so it might have been for more comfortable access to his arse.

I feel this is a humorous incident, but should we be expecting a better standard of professionalism from our EU representatives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

News reaches us this afternoon that Luke 'Ming' Flanagan turned up for an online meeting of the EU Agriculture committee wearing one of his black shirts, and very little else....

Now Ming would appear to have been unaware of this fashion faux-pas being made known to his continental colleagues, but it's safe to say he is embarrassed by the whole incident.

Some might suggest that Ming does most of his talking out of the bottom half of his body anyway, so it might have been for more comfortable access to his arse.

I feel this is a humorous incident, but should we be expecting a better standard of professionalism from our EU representatives?

As long as they turn up wearing some form of covering, leave them at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

At least he is relaxed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

It’s ok, his goatee beard was covering up his meat and 2 veg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nice OP from JohnnyFlash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Orlando Wet Smile

Lynne Ruane must be triggered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Looks like it does damage your short term memory, after all.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Love Ming. Great character.

Brightened up Dail Eireann and is brightening up the European Parliament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

He says he was out for a jog just before the conference and pulled on a shirt but left his GAA shorts underneath. He meant to put his camera horizontal but didn't...

No doubt this will be picked up on in spades by the very same people who totally ignore all the excellent work and uncovering of inequities he's done in the EU. His work on TTIP was particularly good.

I'd love to be wrong but I know it's just going to be leapt upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I was gonna wear some pants today but then I got high..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

s1ippy wrote: »
    He says he was out for a jog just before the conference and pulled on a shirt but left his GAA shorts underneath. He meant to put his camera horizontal but didn't...

No doubt this will be picked up on in spades by the very same people who totally ignore all the excellent work and uncovering of inequities he's done in the EU. His work on TTIP was particularly good.

I'd love to be wrong but I know it's just going to be leapt upon.

Inequities aren’t the only thing he’s uncovering!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Leave him alone
    He's having a great time with his head in the Brussels trough with Daly and Wallace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Embarrassment to the country along with manky Daly and clown head Wallace!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭tjhook

Well he's representative of the constituents that voted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Love Ming. Great character.

Brightened up Dail Eireann and is brightening up the European Parliament.

Ask him the next time you see him if he still thinks politicians are paid to much, and what happened to half his salary going back into the community.

mgn wrote: »
    Ask him the next time you see him if he still thinks politicians are paid to much, and what happened to half his salary going back into the community.

He should use some of that salary to buy himself a pair of trousers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    He should use some of that salary to buy himself a pair of trousers.

Or a skirt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

426308.jpg?b64lines=SSBIQVZFIE1JU1BMQUNFRCBNWSBQQU5UUy4g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

cU91i9gzQh8I.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

He might have thought it was just one of those regular dreams where you turn up to work minus your trousers. Then he realised ......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Embarrassment to the country along with manky Daly and clown head Wallace!

Steady on - when the sun shines on her from a certain angle, Clare still looks eminently shaggable.

mgn wrote: »

If anyone is worth a politician's salary, it's Ming.

Steady on - when the sun shines on her from a certain angle, Clare still looks eminently shaggable.

Misogyny aside, she was a very hardworking and well-respected TD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Cut the man some slack(s)...... ooops, sorry he wasn't wearing any.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

She's an MEP. Shouting and being a full-time contrarian isn't hard work btw.

She's meant to be sound in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Another gobs**t voted in by the Irish people, then complain about politicians!!! what do you expect??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Something something Flash Gordon something Ming the Merciless

It's hardly misogyny to say that someone looks shaggable - but well done for using it in a sentence - and extra marks for spelling it right!

(For the record, I voted for her -twice - when I lived in Swords!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

If anyone is worth a politician's salary, it's Ming.

For what, spending most of his time jogging around Castlerea or out canvassing for the Green Party in the last election.
    This is the same Ming that got elected in the first place for campaigning for the rights of turfcutters.
    You couldn't make it up.

• Advertisement

It's hardly misogyny to say that someone looks shaggable - but well done for using it in a sentence - and extra marks for spelling it right!

(For the record, I voted for her -twice - when I lived in Swords!)

Reducing her to whether you think she's 'shaggable' or not is absolutely misogyny.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Gammyeye

Reducing her to whether you think she's 'shaggable' or not is absolutely misogyny.

She's not.

It’s a testament to the dude that he doesn’t let politics get in the way of his more base desires.

Even if those desires involve boning Clare Daly.....

so commenting on whether you think a woman is attractive or not is misogyny?

The word he used was 'shaggable', not 'attractive'.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarcozies

Hyperbole and ignorance has led to various, once powerful and damning words like sexist, misogyny, racist etc to be devoid of meaning today. Boy who cried wolf in action. It's unfortunate and sad for people who genuinely are victims of these.

• Advertisement

Ming is literally sitting on his hole and scratching his arse in that video. The perfect representation of Luke “Ming” Flanagan and his doped up pothead pals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

That video was kinda revolting. I don’t need to see anyone picking their hole. What was he thinking? I make sure I’m fully dressed for every single video chat I’m on.

If you'd bothered to untwist your knickers before loading and firing your lipstick-stained peashooter, you'd have realised that I was defending the fair Clare against the mysogynistic barbarian who had described her as " manky Daly" - in other words, I was being a gentleman!

But I accept fully that, when one has the IQ of a turnip, it can be challenging to grasp such complexities.

If you'd bothered to untwist your knickers before loading and firing your lipstick-stained peashooter, you'd have realised that I was defending the fair Clare against the mysogynistic barbarian who had described her as " manky Daly" - in other words, I was being a gentleman!

But I accept fully that, when one has the IQ of a turnip, it can be challenging to grasp such complexities.

"How can I be a misogynist when I want to shag a woman?"

The word he used was 'shaggable', not 'attractive'.
    Oh, heaven forbid!

• Advertisement

That video was kinda revolting. I don’t need to see anyone picking their hole. What was he thinking? I make sure I’m fully dressed for every single video chat I’m on.

You'd be hauled in front of HR for pulling that type of stunt with most employers.

At least in Ireland we tend to vote for gombeens, spoofers, and cranks like Flanagan as a protest vote instead of far right parties etc. It's also good to have his shrill, hectoring voice gone from the Dáil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Another day of pride for Roscommon. Well done folks. Eejit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

does he have a willy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Ming is literally sitting on his hole and scratching his arse in that video. The perfect representation of Luke “Ming” Flanagan and his doped up pothead pals.

Wonder does he still have the Nazi flag, you know, because he is so edgy cool. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

She’s not.

She looks like Roy Munson's landlady in Kingpin FFS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Upon reflection, this is a PR stunt.

How could be possibly not see/foresee that his lower half was visible in the shot.

There's loads of embarrassing work from home videos so he knew it would gain traction, and it has.

He's talking about where they're going to get the money to pay beef farmers with in the new regime. That will play well with his rural supporters.

He also talks about communication within the EU and says they shouldn't rely on journalists to inform them of what the plans are. He's right about that.

He's not scratching his hole, he's adjusting his shorts so they're visible and he can't get charged with indecent exposure but it's pretty obvious from his shifty behaviour that he knows what can be seen in the camera.

Healy Rae levels of PR exposure. Some pair on him really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

I didn't think he was picking his hole, I thought he was more, well, lovingly caressing his thighs and possibly his buttocks. Mmmmm... caressing :D It is all a tad squirmy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭whippet

he's on explaining to Pat Kenny now - first I heard from him in years !!!

He was picking his hole.

• Advertisement
Advertisement