Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oak Park - Naas

Options
  • 26-05-2019 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,
    My partner and I went to see the new Oak Park development in Naas this weekend. It is phase 1 with approx. 20 houses available so far. There will eventually be 240 houses in total. As the development is up on a hill there are some lovely countryside views.
    Just wondering has anyone seen these houses and what are your thoughts on them?

https://m.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/oak-park-oak-park-naas-co-kildare/4328924

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Reversal

McBluffin wrote: »
    Hi,
    My partner and I went to see the new Oak Park development in Naas this weekend. It is phase 1 with approx. 20 houses available so far. There will eventually be 240 houses in total. As the development is up on a hill there are some lovely countryside views.
    Just wondering has anyone seen these houses and what are your thoughts on them?

https://m.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/oak-park-oak-park-naas-co-kildare/4328924

Nice houses, well layed out and seem to be finished pretty well. Hard to know what the estate will be like when finished. It's a lot of houses and competitively priced compared to recent new estates in Naas.

Went to see Longstone too. Couple of perplexing
    elements to those houses. No door on the ensuite bathroom... And in the 3 bed semi a cavournous hallway and downstairs bathroom seem to eat up room from the bathroom and kitchen. Interesting that in the show house 3 bed in longstone that the kitchen table is pushed up against the wall with chairs only on two sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭McBluffin

Viewed Longstone also. I wasn't that impressed after coming out of the showroom. I felt the kitchen was quite tight and dark. Was really pleased with the 4 beds in Oak Park, so much so I have now put a deposit down. The height the estate is on and the views was what really sold it to me and Cairn Homes always produce well built homes so that helped with the piece of mind part. I get what you are saying about how they are competitively priced. However, it is phase 1 so prices will always be lower in comparison to the other new builds close by that are one second/third phase.

For anybody who has bought in Oak Park and is expecting that they will be doing snagging in July this may be of interest.

Looks like propertysnag.ie offer a discount when three houses come together and get their snagging down on the same day.

<SNIP>

We are in the middle of buying in Oak Park and I expect we will be snagging in 3-4 weeks so PM me if you are interested.

I just joined the Oak Park residents Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/885561358467803/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 qury

we are also looking to buy in Oak Park, can you guys recommend a good solicitor?
    Also are these freehold or leasehold properties?

• Advertisement

qury wrote: »
    we are also looking to buy in Oak Park, can you guys recommend a good solicitor?
    Also are these freehold or leasehold properties?

Hi Qury, they are freehold. In terms of a solicitor we are not from the Naas are so we went with a solicitor from our current local area. Be interesting to hear your thoughts on the development. I really liked how they are on a heights as you get a nice view. Also the addition of the new park will be nice. Gardens are quite small but I guess that is the same with all new builds these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 qury

Hi McBluffin, we really liked the development, we went back a few times before we decided to put down a deposit. As for gardens you are right could be bigger. We looked at Castle farm and Elsmore too but all in all Oak was what we both liked the best.

Did you ask for any alterations? I was thinking asking the builders to put down a base for a future shed.

qury wrote: »
    Hi McBluffin, we really liked the development, we went back a few times before we decided to put down a deposit. As for gardens you are right could be bigger. We looked at Castle farm and Elsmore too but all in all Oak was what we both liked the best.

Did you ask for any alterations? I was thinking asking the builders to put down a base for a future shed.

We looked at both of those development also. I thought Elsmore was a bit to pricey for what was been offered. Our house is already finished so I assumed getting alterations was out of the questions for us. What stage is your house, if you can definitely push for them to add a slab for a future shed that's a great idea. We received our contracts from the vendor today so hopefully things start to speed up now. I'm anticipating an end of August move in date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cneebhroin

My partner and I bought here as well, we're hoping for an August move in date, we viewed pretty much every estate in Naas/Clane/Kilcock area and these were the only one's we went back to so we decided to put the deposit down the second day we went back.
    Ultimately it was the price, location and the windows that sold us. It's a lovely spot and compared to Stoneleigh and Longstone they are much more reasonably priced for the size.
    The hallway is the only thing we weren't really a fan of its a little narrow due to the stairs being in the centre of the house instead of the front but you gain that space in the sitting room/kitchen. We really liked the little storage cupboard as well.

Happy House hunting though!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭garclo

Hi all,

My wife and I are buying in Oak Park too. Contracts signed and told that we should be looking at end of September move in date.
    Has anyone moved in yet?
    I see they started on the playground and park area, it looks great.

• Advertisement

Great to hear. I don't think anyone has moved in yet. We are the View what part are yourselves? We have been told we should have the keys the 1st or 2nd week in Sept. I believe they are still waiting on 2 documents from the CoCo.

By the way some one has setup a handy group on Facebook for the estate, you might be interested in joining it.

We're on the place...cant wait to get in! I'll check out the Facebook page, thanks! You must have your snag list done then at this stage do you?

Yes we have the snag complete just waiting on a date to be confirmed for the re checking of the snag. After that I'd say we will be in within 3 weeks. Excited to see how the park at the front turns out. It's a nice addition to have.

Ye, our 4 year old is very excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Esoes

Hi all, me and my wife have also bought in Oak Park and we have been told ESB had not connected the power and we would be able to snag once power has been supplied. I have seen some of you are snag complete which is different to what we were told. Hopefully will get an update soon.

Hi Esoes,
    I think it depends what road you're on, we are on the Place and are in the same boat as you (waiting on ESB before snagging can happen) but some on the View are a few weeks ahead.
    What road are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Esoes

Hi Garclo,
    We are on Oak Park Place as you have mentioned. We signed the documents but currently are waiting on the signed documents to be returned, as well as waiting to snag.

Howdy neighbour!
    We were told by Cairn that it will be late September before everything is done and we can move in but they are builders so you could add a couple of weeks to that date I'd say.
    I can't wait to have a go on that slide &#55357;&#56834;

• Registered Users Posts: 1 toto96

Just put down a booking deposit for Oak Park Green, not getting to much clarity when it will be completed as we're at the early stages of the application process. Any thoughts on when phase 1 will be fully completed to move in?

• Advertisement

Hi Toto,

The first few (on the View and Square) have started to move in in the last week. We're on the Place and got snag done a couple of days ago so we hope to be able to move in about 3 weeks from now (fingers crossed). You should contact Cairn Homes, they would be best placed to give you a real estimate of when your road will be ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EMIANMA

Hi All,

My partner and I have just put a booking deposit down for Oak Park.

We have overheard there is something in the contract about not having pets in the estate.

Does anyone know if there is any truth in this?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

EMIANMA wrote: »
    Hi All,

My partner and I have just put a booking deposit down for Oak Park.

We have overheard there is something in the contract about not having pets in the estate.

Does anyone know if there is any truth in this?

Thanks

How could that be possible to have that in a contract when buying a house?

How could that be possible to have that in a contract when buying a house?

Pets are allowed. I leave there and there are numerous pets. No this overheard conversation is not accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 1sttimebuyer20

Any other potential Oak Park Newbies on here? I’ve recently put down a deposit, waiting on the road to be finished to get the snagging done, getting very excited now. Have been to the estate a few times and love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brianyrio

Myself and my girlfriend have sent our mortgage application to the broker so very early days. I also moved job recently and won't finish probation until Oct (moving jobs in the middle of covid was fun!). Hoping Oak park will still be available but anyone know if there are more phases coming as houses will likely be all snapped up when we will look to draw down the mortgage? :(

What was the commute like to Dublin (IFSC and Camden st area) before covid? I've always cycled to work so commuting will be a big change.

brianyrio wrote: »
    Myself and my girlfriend have sent our mortgage application to the broker so very early days. I also moved job recently and won't finish probation until Oct (moving jobs in the middle of covid was fun!). Hoping Oak park will still be available but anyone know if there are more phases coming as houses will likely be all snapped up when we will look to draw down the mortgage? :(

What was the commute like to Dublin (IFSC and Camden st area) before covid? I've always cycled to work so commuting will be a big change.

As far as I know the next phase won’t be available until end of year/start of next year???

If I was going to town based on your previous method, I’d cycle to train station and lock up, get on a city bike in town? Or else a fold up bike you could bring on the train?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brianyrio

That would suit us better as I wont pass probation until end of Sept/Oct.. hopefully we'll get the mortgage approved (in principle) in the next few weeks so we can put a deposit down on a place.

Silly question but if we were mortgage approved tomorrow and we put a deposit down in oak park will they be okay with us not being able to draw down the mortgage till I pass probation? Especially if the house isn't even built and haven't been able to complete the snagging? Like you we are very excited but know there's a few stressful days ahead &#55357;&#56876;

That would suit us better as I wont pass probation until end of Sept/Oct.. hopefully we'll get the mortgage approved (in principle) in the next few weeks so we can put a deposit down on a place.

Silly question but if we were mortgage approved tomorrow and we put a deposit down in oak park will they be okay with us not being able to draw down the mortgage till I pass probation? Especially if the house isn't even built and haven't been able to complete the snagging? Like you we are very excited but know there's a few stressful days ahead ��

I suspect they would you would be ok as you can’t draw down until the house is built anyway so can’t see any issue here. People buy off plans but not sure how that all works out? Think it’s just a booking deposit needed.

I had the valuer in 2 weeks ago and they only sent their report in yesterday, hoping to sign contract next week and hopefully move in mid-August

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

The commute to rathfarnham is Minimum 1 hour leaving at 7am. I leave work at 4 and am home by 4.45. If I leave any later than 4 I’m looking at an hour home too. I wouldn’t even contemplate going to city centre in the car. Train from Sallins and luas to ifsc works well. Parking very difficult to find at train station but cycling bays available.

Advertisement