Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington Commanders thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,630 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It seems jack del Rio is going to be the Washington Redskins new defensive coordinator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It seems jack del Rio is going to be the Washington Redskins new defensive coordinator.

I'm happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

Happy with the appointments and firing of B.A.

Simple question: Assuming Burrow goes number 1 in the draft,who do you pick?

Chase Young from Ohio State is apparently an elite DE with JJ Watt, Aaron Donald potential. He hasn't declared yet (he's still Junior) but all reports are that he will declare.

They'd be mad not to take him but they could trade back and get a few extra picks as they need help in a lot of positions.

• Advertisement

Chase Young has declared for the NFL. Good news for Redskins fans

https://twitter.com/youngchase907/status/1213155501011283969

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CD-R 80

Did you see Haskins tweet today 😂

He tweeted & Chase Young : “ see you soon “ 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Yep. Definitely. He's from the area too.

Have to say I like what they've done in terms of the head coach and I like the Del Rio appointment too.

Plenty of reasons to be hopeful at the end of tough season.

Surprised to see that Kevin O'Connell is out at OC and is being replaced by another ex-Panther coach. I thought they thought highly of him.

So watch O'Connell become another Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay, Matt LeFleur.

• Advertisement

Surprised to see that Kevin O'Connell is out at OC and is being replaced by another ex-Panther coach. I thought they thought highly of him.

So watch O'Connell become another Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay, Matt LeFleur.

yep for sure O'Connell definitely highly regarded.

Still will give the new regime some time, we're not a terrible situation at the moment player wise. I think he can turn the team around pretty quickly.

Although that said next year pretty **** schedule given how strong alot of those teams look now.

Jordan Reed released. He wants to continue playing but with all the concussions he’s had, it’d probably be better if he called it a day.

A player with great potential and when healthy, a top tier TE. Unfortunately injuries meant he spent more time on the sideline than actually playing.

Jordan Reed released. He wants to continue playing but with all the concussions he’s had, it’d probably be better if he called it a day.

A player with great potential and when healthy, a top tier TE. Unfortunately injuries meant he spent more time on the sideline than actually playing.

unreal when fit. Just never seen him on the field enough.

I'm just sick of all the drama at this stage. Just do whatever you're going to do and get it over with.

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1235687220750643200

They've put the franchise tag on Scherff.

Also, apparently Trent Williams contract demands are limiting offers for a trade.

EDIT - Non exclusive tag.

I'm just sick of all the drama at this stage. Just do whatever you're going to do and get it over with.

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1235687220750643200

Has anyone any idea what's going on in TW's head? He's cried to get traded for months now and they even gave him and his agent permission to find a partner themselves. Then when the Redskins and Vikings (who are a potential Super Bowl contender maybe?) had a trade in the works, he cries again saying he doesn't want to go to Minnesota so that trade is off and they draft an OT instead.

Ok, when he plays he's one of the best at what he does but he's 31 years old now, sat out all of last season, has a drug suspension, hasn't played 16 games since 2013 and played only 13 and 10 games in the last 2 seasons that he did play. So he's not Mr. Reliable. And he wants to be the highest paid tackle in the game. The Kansas City Chiefs aren't beating down the door saying "please play for us" and most of the team that were seen as potential trade partners a week ago ended up drafting tackles this weekend so his options are running out.

At this stage I'd love to see Rivera telling him to go f himself and either sit out another year and not get paid again or turn up and play.

And now a statement from the team. Change is coming I think.

https://twitter.com/kareemcopeland/status/1279069219498479616

There's no way they can carry out this 'thorough review' and then turn around and say, "all's good, we're going to leave it as it is".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Thorough review = Ok this time we might actually lose some money by ignoring it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Deadmou5e

This is coming a long time in fairness. I cannot imagine they haven’t already a back up plan in regards name etc. I was reading that it’ll come down to the Washington ‘Red Tails’ or the Washington Football team of District Colombia.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

Deadmou5e wrote: »
    This is coming a long time in fairness. I cannot imagine they haven’t already a back up plan in regards name etc. I was reading that it’ll come down to the Washington ‘Red Tails’ or the Washington Football team of District Colombia.

It would have to be Red Tails,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Both woeful names, in my opinion.

I take it the Chicago Blackhawks will be next then. I mean this has been coming for years with the redskins, but when you know who the team founder is and how much of an asshole he was it's not surprising his team have an offensive name.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Deadmou5e

I take it the Chicago Blackhawks will be next then. I mean this has been coming for years with the redskins, but when you know who the team founder is and how much of an asshole he was it's not surprising his team have an offensive name.

Yes, them and the Cleveland Indians will be the next port of call I’d imagine

Deadmou5e wrote: »
    Yes, them and the Cleveland Indians will be the next port of call I’d imagine

Ah yeah I forgot about the Cleveland Indians.

Ah yeah I forgot about the Cleveland Indians.

They've released a statement saying their name is under review too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

If they do decide to change the name, I would like if they did personally, I hope they find a way to hold on to the team colours, as I've always liked the uniforms.

I had seen Red Tails suggested, but not sure it has the sound of an NFL team name. I had also seen the idea of Warriors floated, which would give the option of keeping the current logo, which I don't find objectionable myself. That said, I can also see them not wanting to go through this same process 10 years further down the line when attitudes might change again. Far safer to just name your team after an animal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭geotrig

WASHINGTON RED PANDA'S it is then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Advertisement