Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 153 ✭✭MrFlashy92

The lad is our most gifted player since Robbie Keane so it would be so gutting if he pissed it away over these muppets. Clubs focus a lot on culture now and this is the sort of thing that you could imagine being a huge red flag when you're reviewing a scout's report. As talented as he is, who wants that baggage.

Absolutely, can remember watching him at U17 Euros and he was class. Things can change quickly though, I referred to a player who fell in with a bad crowd 15 or so years ago a few pages back, he was playing at the same level Troy is now, arguably an even higher level but things are different now. I won't name that player or provide initials out of respect for him but I think many will know who I am talking about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭MelvinWagstaff

Can't understand how Spurs aren't stomping all over this sh1t. If I was Daniel Levy, I'd be doing far more to protect my asset. Lad could conceivably become a target of serious criminals because of who he's associating with. Bad enough boxing is fooked in the country because of the Ks and Bs.

He wouldn't be a target, too high profile. The blowback from it would be unprecedented in Ireland. Bigger than the assassination of Veronica Geurin and look at what the consequences of that were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

He wouldn't be a target, too high profile. The blowback from it would be unprecedented in Ireland. Bigger than the assassination of Veronica Geurin and look at what the consequences of that were.

While i agree it would be high profile and not worth the hassle,

But to compare it to veronica guerin a mother of a young child , one of the media (you know how they protect their own ) and with strong fianna fail links ...is very wide of the mark.

The outrage would be very minor compared to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭MTKcleaners

MrFlashy92 wrote: »
    Lad, is your source just The Whistleblower's page on Twitter? The stuff you post follows what he posts, I don't think you need to use initials for a public figure like Wayne Lineker. In any case, I somehow doubt Byrne is there talking business with him, most likely just a summer holiday, I'm sure he will be talking to associates there but no way is his trip to Ibiza some kind of set up job by Kinahan hahahaha

Everytime a nerve is hit and something is pointed out you popup, you obviously are very close to LB to be able to say it is not true, I say it is true and that is how it works, like it or not.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Thanks for the links on Dunsink, I knew I had heard of the council trying to get them of public land. From the Indo link

Absolute madness to be paying travellers millions to vacate land they dont even own. The squatters rights thing is a red herring- you have to sit on public land undisturbed for 30 years before you can claim squatters rights and even then all the council have to do is set food on the land, put a padlock on a gate and the 30 year clock gets reset back to zero.

Other posters said it used to be landfill but its clear the council want to use it for development. Its crazy theres acres and acres of fields there inside the M50 lying unused and the council giving travellers millions in the 'hope' they might move on. What a joke.

Yeah and bullsh1t they can do bogus car claims then and not get punished for bringing a fake case to court while also getting free legal aid despite getting paid millions, all they are here for is to **** the state over and over, constantly robbing jeeps off farmers and breaking them down worth a fortune and guards do nothing as insurance covers it and not surprised if guards getting pay outs . They got raided two years ago caught with small amount of drugs and a stolen Hilux landcruiser and avensis yet they’ve robbed plenty since and still nothing about their court case

• Advertisement

Why is everyone giving Parrot so much stick it’s not like lee is a big gangster and murderer he is quite the opposite and they’re childhood friends parrot isnt going to start importing coke from Columbia like who cares

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mrwrong

Birneybau wrote: »
    Byrne Organised Crime Gang (BOCG).

Any links be great

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

Mrwrong wrote: »
    Any links be great

Google it....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,506 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Are they cousin's of some degree?
    Parrott is Troy's ma's surname name,

Feels a bit wrong and unfair to specualate on who someones Da is so this could be absolute bull**** and in know way am I saying its gospel but iv heard Aidan Byrne as rumoured to be his da,

No idea about gangland but heard it through football circles

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr

Mrwrong wrote: »
    Any links be great

Don't be lazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It’s all ballbrigan blanch tonight

Are they cousin's of some degree?
    Parrott is Troy's ma's surname name,

Feels a bit wrong and unfair to specualate on who someones Da is so this could be absolute bull**** and in know way am I saying its gospel but iv heard Aidan Byrne as rumoured to be his da,

No idea about gangland but heard it through football circles

That has been mentioned on here a few times. Step father I think.

Is that Aidan Byrne related to LB?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Noseygit

Someone said that they are not related

• Registered Users Posts: 20,506 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Honestly no idea
    ,A Byrne was a first cousin of Gerrard Byrne who was also murdered but no Idea if there related to LB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

All quiet up here in balgeria, must be kicking off in blanch??

Everytime a nerve is hit and something is pointed out you popup, you obviously are very close to LB to be able to say it is not true, I say it is true and that is how it works, like it or not.

Cool, so you make something up or regurgitate stuff from Twitter as if you're an in the know and post it on here, understood.

With regard to other posters talking about Parrott, of course he's not going to be importing or anything like that but he's hanging around lads that have been named as part of a major criminal organisation in court, Biggie and Gibbo for example. This is not becoming of a footballer at his level.

As I have said before, the footballer I was speaking of previously was maybe the best of his generation and similar friends swayed him and ruined everything, he's a nobody now with no involvement in football to the best of my knowledge and is only at or nearing normal retirement age now. Very very sad to see and I just hope that the same thing doesn't happen with Parrott.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrlouth

How?

Cool, so you make something up or regurgitate stuff from Twitter as if you're an in the know and post it on here, understood.

With regard to other posters talking about Parrott, of course he's not going to be importing or anything like that but he's hanging around lads that have been named as part of a major criminal organisation in court, Biggie and Gibbo for example. This is not becoming of a footballer at his level.

As I have said before, the footballer I was speaking of previously was maybe the best of his generation and similar friends swayed him and ruined everything, he's a nobody now with no involvement in football to the best of my knowledge and is only at or nearing normal retirement age now. Very very sad to see and I just hope that the same thing doesn't happen with Parrott.

If i was only a parrott, bit more to choke on.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/second-witness-in-dublin-murder-trial-retracts-statement-1.535649

And nauseating WL at his best, total nonce, all the cancer crew will have an open house

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/5751812/gary-lineker-brother-wayne-58-video-choosing-young-date-ibiza-club/

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Madmax03

fergiesfav wrote: »
    What link to the feud has Christopher Coakley Hutch. You'd imagine with a name like that he'd be on the Hutch side. Wasnt he arrested with Derek at one stage. Then he's posing with Kinahan members?
    His sister has kids with Paul Gray

Everyone here can use Google, yeah Lineker looks like a slimy **** alright, can't say I know anything about him other than that he's Gary's brother and owns those bars. The fact that he likes young woman is creepy alright but doesn't imply any involvement with the cartel as you seem to be suggesting, all those ***** running bars and so on in these big holiday destinations are up to their eyes in it though, everyone knows this.

Edit: I would put money on it that MTKCleaners is @32counties1 on Twitter

• Advertisement

Everyone here can use Google, yeah Lineker looks like a slimy **** alright, can't say I know anything about him other than that he's Gary's brother and owns those bars. The fact that he likes young woman is creepy alright but doesn't imply any involvement with the cartel as you seem to be suggesting, all those ***** running bars and so on in these big holiday destinations are up to their eyes in it though, everyone knows this.

His brother Gary would be disgusted if he found out Wayne was involved with the K's.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/other-sport/boxing/gary-lineker-daniel-kinahan-tysonfury-22176012

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭whodafunk

He's 18 now not a baby anymore. If he wants to be a dickhead and hang around with even bigger dickheads that's on him

I’ve heard it’s known he is trouble and has blown his chance and will play lower league football

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fergiesfav

Madmax03 wrote: »
    His sister has kids with Paul Gray

It's crazy how interwoven that feud is. Cousins on one side, in laws on the other.

His brother Gary would be disgusted if he found out Wayne was involved with the K's.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/other-sport/boxing/gary-lineker-daniel-kinahan-tysonfury-22176012

Based on what I’ve read, I think he’s disgusted with him already, seems to be a shady man anyway

whodafunk wrote: »
    I’ve heard it’s known he is trouble and has blown his chance and will play lower league football

Makes sense that it’s known if we consider that Mourinho spoke to him about his attitude earlier in the season during a period when Spurs were in a bad way for firepower up front due to injuries and Parrott still didn’t play afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Thanks for the links on Dunsink, I knew I had heard of the council trying to get them of public land. From the Indo link

Absolute madness to be paying travellers millions to vacate land they dont even own. The squatters rights thing is a red herring- you have to sit on public land undisturbed for 30 years before you can claim squatters rights and even then all the council have to do is set food on the land, put a padlock on a gate and the 30 year clock gets reset back to zero.

Other posters said it used to be landfill but its clear the council want to use it for development. Its crazy theres acres and acres of fields there inside the M50 lying unused and the council giving travellers millions in the 'hope' they might move on. What a joke.

I don't know much about the area, hence the question, but I do know that immediately south of Dunsink Lane is another lane called Scribblestown Lane, and that the area bordered by Ratoath Road, the Navan Road, Cappagh Road, the M50 and Dunksink Lane is known as the "murder triangle" among crime journalists almost exclusively because this one lane, Scribblestown, was apparently used repeatedly to dump the bodies of murder or torture victims from gangland feuds going all the way back to the man Cotton Eyed Joe was convicted fo murdering in the 90s - possibly even earlier.

When an area has that kind of reputation, I'm honestly not sure any kind of gentrification attempt can persuade people who know about it that it could become somewhere that would be safe to live. The entire area is just poisoned with well known stories of death and violence. It's a bit like when they built Herberton on St. Anthony's Road in Rialto, which was launched with such incredible fanfare, but its reputation from the Fatima days never went away which meant that people were talked out of moving there before they'd even looked around (plenty of reviews from tourists online who talk about how when they asked a taxi driver to drop them off at St. Anthony's Road, they'd be asked why they'd be staying in the most dangerous part of Dublin and taxis would refuse to actually drive on to that road to peoples' front doors) - these suspicions unfortunately seem to have been proved accurate when those poor German students were murdered by a couple of local scrotes for having the temerity to sit out on their balcony having a couple of beers and talk back to the usual street heckling.

In that context, how much hope is there to redevelop an area like that around Dunsink and Scribblestown without the reputation as a gangland black spot permanently sinking any chance of building a viable community of people who want to live there? It just seems like the kind of place where prospective renters or buyers are going to run a million miles just after doing one quick Google search. Renaming the area doesn't seem to work, as evidenced by the fact that Herberton's reputation is still blackened by Fatima's shadow, and many other rebranded and redeveloped crime hotspots are similarly still haunted by their past.

Not saying it's impossible, wondering if anyone else has a view as to how possible it can be? Could the "murder triangle" be turned into a viable residential development which wasn't seen as somewhere people wanted to save up and get the hell out of as quickly as possible, thus leading to constant resident turnover and thus a total lack of local community?

as someone who spent some time living just down from st anthonys rd, id say its possible

youd just need to clear out the incumbents and raze everything to the ground and build from scratch, and not let them back in

go back far enough theres dark deeds everywhere

Gary has always tried to help and defend his brother, it is a blood thing, but sometimes blood is not enough to get someone to listen, WL is up his own rear and likes to think of himself as a godfather, knew him from years ago in Portugal, he was a badd one then, and even worse now, he is rolling in the K cash.

Gary has always tried to help and defend his brother, it is a blood thing, but sometimes blood is not enough to get someone to listen, WL is up his own rear and likes to think of himself as a godfather, knew him from years ago in Portugal, he was a badd one then, and even worse now, he is rolling in the K cash.

More waffle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Just on the ex-landfill acreage. Apparently you can't build on ex-landfill areas until 40 years have passed since it was last used. I definitely know it was still in use well into the 80s so a few years left yet. A quick drive around the area and you start to notice these weird white poles that look a bit like tall skinny mushrooms - they are outlets for the methane which is still being emitted from the landfill.

Also it is known that not only DCC but private delevopers have also paid off the families there.

Advertisement