Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Thesiger

I don't know much about the area, hence the question, but I do know that immediately south of Dunsink Lane is another lane called Scribblestown Lane, and that the area bordered by Ratoath Road, the Navan Road, Cappagh Road, the M50 and Dunksink Lane is known as the "murder triangle" among crime journalists almost exclusively because this one lane, Scribblestown, was apparently used repeatedly to dump the bodies of murder or torture victims from gangland feuds going all the way back to the man Cotton Eyed Joe was convicted fo murdering in the 90s - possibly even earlier.

When an area has that kind of reputation, I'm honestly not sure any kind of gentrification attempt can persuade people who know about it that it could become somewhere that would be safe to live. The entire area is just poisoned with well known stories of death and violence. It's a bit like when they built Herberton on St. Anthony's Road in Rialto, which was launched with such incredible fanfare, but its reputation from the Fatima days never went away which meant that people were talked out of moving there before they'd even looked around (plenty of reviews from tourists online who talk about how when they asked a taxi driver to drop them off at St. Anthony's Road, they'd be asked why they'd be staying in the most dangerous part of Dublin and taxis would refuse to actually drive on to that road to peoples' front doors) - these suspicions unfortunately seem to have been proved accurate when those poor German students were murdered by a couple of local scrotes for having the temerity to sit out on their balcony having a couple of beers and talk back to the usual street heckling.

In that context, how much hope is there to redevelop an area like that around Dunsink and Scribblestown without the reputation as a gangland black spot permanently sinking any chance of building a viable community of people who want to live there? It just seems like the kind of place where prospective renters or buyers are going to run a million miles just after doing one quick Google search. Renaming the area doesn't seem to work, as evidenced by the fact that Herberton's reputation is still blackened by Fatima's shadow, and many other rebranded and redeveloped crime hotspots are similarly still haunted by their past.

Not saying it's impossible, wondering if anyone else has a view as to how possible it can be? Could the "murder triangle" be turned into a viable residential development which wasn't seen as somewhere people wanted to save up and get the hell out of as quickly as possible, thus leading to constant resident turnover and thus a total lack of local community?

Definitely not impossible, they built the IFSC on top of the old Sheriff St flats, reduced Sheriff St to basically a cul-de-sac.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Madmax03

fergiesfav wrote: »
    It's crazy how interwoven that feud is. Cousins on one side, in laws on the other.
    They were all friends at one stage

Gary has always tried to help and defend his brother, it is a blood thing, but sometimes blood is not enough to get someone to listen, WL is up his own rear and likes to think of himself as a godfather, knew him from years ago in Portugal, he was a badd one then, and even worse now, he is rolling in the K cash.
    This is bull**** . I know Wayne and yes he might be sleazy but he is NOT rolling in K cash . Yes the Byrnes and Sines might go to Ocean Beach on the regular but they have homes over in Ibiza and might go to Ocean for a day here and there , then share their snaps on their accounts . The are known to splash the cash and show off online . Gary and Wayne don't talk !

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ElZee

Is there any actual fued going on in Balgriggan or is it just big groups of blacks killing each other because they're from different estates?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭rodmn2377

It's crazy how interwoven that feud is. Cousins on one side, in laws on the other.

Its mad...I'm nearly sure trevor byrne is nathan coakleys hutch kids godfather...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

With WL's nose he'd need a cartel behind him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭MTKcleaners

Madmax03 wrote: »
    This is bull**** . I know Wayne and yes he might be sleazy but he is NOT rolling in K cash . Yes the Byrnes and Sines might go to Ocean Beach on the regular but they have homes over in Ibiza and might go to Ocean for a day here and there , then share their snaps on their accounts . The are known to splash the cash and show off online . Gary and Wayne don't talk !

So have definately hit a sensitive nerve, anyway we shall all see what happens later when the NCA bring it all down. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

ElZee wrote: »
    Is there any actual fued going on in Balgriggan or is it just big groups of blacks killing each other because they're from different estates?

Not a feud, no killings either.

Just a bunch of lads beating each other because they're from different areas.

It's been going all over since god wore short pants, the only thing that has changed is skin colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭MickyPearse

rodmn2377 wrote: »
    Its mad...I'm nearly sure trevor byrne is nathan coakleys hutch kids godfather...

Thats crazy if true! Which Hutch murders is TB expected of being involved in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

So have definately hit a sensitive nerve, anyway we shall all see what happens later when the NCA bring it all down. :rolleyes:

I would have thought that saying Wayne is involved would be like saying Ronald McDonald is involved if they were spotted munching a big mac

• Advertisement

No , didn't touch a nerve . If you are going to share information on a public forum at least share true information.
    You're starting to sound like The Whistleblower

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

Definitely Neddy Hutch & Kingsize

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

Eddie Hutch anyway. He is currently on remand after been caught with a gun when he returned to Ireland to try shoot Nathan Hutch

Tgey say he was definitely involved in eddie and wasnt he supposed to be back to kill nathan as he was just out when he was picked up in clondalkin.. them boys were all mates back in the day..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 153 ✭✭MrFlashy92

No , didn't touch a nerve . If you are going to share information on a public forum at least share true information.
    You're starting to sound like The Whistleblower

Spot on, seems like that guy just parrots the whistleblower, he had never mentioned Wayne Lineker until the whistleblower had. Let’s be real, no one in Dublin is really calling DK Cancer and I don’t know if people have been using ‘beak’ for patsy since I left the country but I doubt it, maybe scouse imports or these wannabe English roadman teenagers.

I still can’t get over him saying that he had it on good word that Kinahan was priming capper to take over Finglas after clipping ears, absolute waffle. Makes these vague statements, something like “now I wonder who they could have been working for folks, nod and wink ;)” after a large heroin seizure as if to imply he knows this stuff first hand. Called me sticky Vicky a number of times despite my obviously not being her. Pure trolling. I suspect he is @32counties1 on Twitter, whoever that is has a hard on for the whistleblower and their spelling and grammar mistakes are very obviously intentional, trying to mimic the other page essentially.

rodmn2377 wrote: »

I have heard this too, fairly sure that’s spot on, TB is a psycho anyway. Anyone know what happened to DS that was lifted with him at that gaf, name never mentioned in the paper over it as far as I know but was definitely him, the two of them had been smoking Bobby together before they got nicked I heard

MrFlashy92 wrote: »
    Spot on, seems like that guy just parrots the whistleblower, he had never mentioned Wayne Lineker until the whistleblower had. Let’s be real, no one in Dublin is really calling DK Cancer and I don’t know if people have been using ‘beak’ for patsy since I left the country but I doubt it, maybe scouse imports or these wannabe English roadman teenagers.

I still can’t get over him saying that he had it on good word that Kinahan was priming capper to take over Finglas after clipping ears, absolute waffle. Makes these vague statements, something like “now I wonder who they could have been working for folks, nod and wink ;)” after a large heroin seizure as if to imply he knows this stuff first hand. Called me sticky Vicky a number of times despite my obviously not being her. Pure trolling. I suspect he is @32counties1 on Twitter, whoever that is has a hard on for the whistleblower and their spelling and grammar mistakes are very obviously intentional, trying to mimic the other page essentially.

Let it go

So in a nutshell, cancer is trying to deflect all the attention onto the thickhead LB, and then hang him out to dry like he did with bomber. ;)

This, for example, so farfetched. Who would come to this conclusion other than someone who doesn’t have a clue, I just don’t know

Eyes1 wrote: »
    Let it go

Yeah you’re right pal, last I’ll say on that

All them ladswoukd have done time together on the same landing in the jails even some doubled up together.. they would have done jobs together,bought drugs off each other so would have been right tight..

I remember hearing after the Regency that keith murtagh was pleading his innocence to everyone..he got onto a middleman and met him to try and sort things with the other side and organised a meet in a cafe on the southsude. When he left he doubled back and your man was straight on the phone and he decided he was being set up to get done..so went on the run then..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭headnorth

MrFlashy92 wrote: »
    I have heard this too, fairly sure that’s spot on, TB is a psycho anyway. Anyone know what happened to DS that was lifted with him at that gaf, name never mentioned in the paper over it as far as I know but was definitely him, the two of them had been smoking Bobby together before they got nicked I heard

Both were named on here when they were caught in the house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

With regards Troy, you do understand the regime a pro footballer has these days? Sleep, train, prepare, match ad rinse and repeat. His child hood mates live in Dublin so he is currently resting for pre-season with a trip abroad.

Someone mentioned in this thread of a poor attitude or the likes, Brian Kerr told me he'll be as good if not better than Robbie Keane.

Give the kid a fcuking break and stop speculating

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

With regards Troy, you do understand the regime a pro footballer has these days? Sleep, train, prepare, match ad rinse and repeat. His child hood mates live in Dublin so he is currently resting for pre-season with a trip abroad.

Someone mentioned in this thread of a poor attitude or the likes, Brian Kerr told me he'll be as good if not better than Robbie Keane.

Give the kid a fcuking break and stop speculating

Parrott's from Buckingham Street and the other boys are from Crumlin, no??

I don't know if his attitude is poor but his decision making is (he's 18). He's a hair away from breaking into a premiership team, as you say he's as good a prospect as Keane was but he's hanging around with these parasites, bringing them around his premier league club and getting them photos with that club's stars (Delle Alli etc). Do you not think that's just plain bad for business and any decent club owner would be scrambling to disassociate themselves with a criminal element bringing on unnecessary bad PR?

As I say, he's 18 and may not be able to see that for himself, but I'm sure he has an agent/advisory team that should be screaming at him to forget those lads numbers asap.

Parrott's from Buckingham Street and the other boys are from Crumlin, no??

I don't know if his attitude is poor but his decision making is (he's 18). He's a hair away from breaking into a premiership team, as you say he's as good a prospect as Keane was but he's hanging around with these parasites, bringing them around his premier league club and getting them photos with that club's stars (Delle Alli etc). Do you not think that's just plain bad for business and any decent club owner would be scrambling to disassociate themselves with lads bringing on unnecessary heat.

As I say, he's 18 and may not see that for himself, but I'm sure he has an agent/advisory team that should be screaming at him to forget those lads numbers.

I think some from Crumlin and Blanch, may have schooled with them, not too sure, anyway i agree that his advisory team will soon let him knows what the do's and don'ts are if he wants to make a success of himself

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fergiesfav

They were all friends at one stage

Have many in NIC stayed on the Hutch side. It seems the majority are on the Kinahan side. Is that because of money, fear or the Hutchs being disliked. Whatever reason the NIC doesn't look like a place where you put your trust in anyone, a real den of thieves!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

When an area has that kind of reputation, I'm honestly not sure any kind of gentrification attempt can persuade people who know about it that it could become somewhere that would be safe to live.

Its not gentrification Dunsink Lane needs because there is nothing there in the first place to gentrify. It just needs the Gardai/Council to get the travellers off the public land that they are squatting on while running stolen property through it. Its a joke that the Council would even consider paying them money to leave, dont mind the fact that they have not. Other countries would not tolerate the theft of public land by anybody, they would follow the court process and then end up sending in the army with bulldozers if the squatters dont get off it.

Just on the ex-landfill acreage. Apparently you can't build on ex-landfill areas until 40 years have passed since it was last used.

Any ideas what acreage was landfill vs not landfill? Its a massive site inside the M50
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dunsink+Ln,+Northside,+Dublin/@53.3902269,-6.3395779,1431m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x48670d79e3e16863:0x79e95c3cf50c7f4f!8m2!3d53.388205!4d-6.3386767

Brian Kerr told me he'll be as good if not better than Robbie Keane

Come on man.

Robbie Keane was playing for Wolves as a 17 year old. Scored twice on his debut, top scorer the season after and was playing for Inter Milan at 19/20 alongside Ronaldo, Seedorf, Hakan Sukur, Cordoba, Christian Vieri, Zanetti etc.

Ireland’s record scorer.

Let’s not get carried away here. Troy a good player and done ok in youth and reserve football THATS IT.

His mates are associated with filth that’s all.

Have many in NIC stayed on the Hutch side. It seems the majority are on the Kinahan side. Is that because of money, fear or the Hutchs being disliked. Whatever reason the NIC doesn't look like a place where you put your trust in anyone, a real den of thieves!

The K’s cash have poisoned a community forever more. It’ll never be the same again as the trust has gone.

But...... let’s see who comes out on top in the long game. I’d bet a pretty penny it won’t be the K’s and their traitorous pals.

Eyes1 wrote: »
    Come on man.

Robbie Keane was playing for Wolves as a 17 year old. Scored twice on his debut, top scorer the season after and was playing for Inter Milan at 19/20 alongside Ronaldo, Seedorf, Hakan Sukur, Cordoba, Christian Vieri, Zanetti etc.

Ireland’s record scorer.

Let’s not get carried away here. Troy a good player and done ok in youth and reserve football THATS IT.

His mates are associated with filth that’s all.

I Didn't say it. Kerr did. I haven't seen enough of him to make that statement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just on Troy Parrot when Mourinho first arrived at Spurs he said something along the lines that he was extremely talented and it sounded like he would break into the first team. Who knows what went on behind the scenes but a loan to Millwall doesnt sound like great news for his career, its hardly a club known for its top level coaching. Maybe he will shine by getting regular game time, time will tell but if they were loaning him to continue his development a lower table Prem team like Villa or West Ham would have been better for his career.

Advertisement