Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dundalk developments

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭event

They are going to put 114 apartments, right beside hill street bridge??

The congestion there will be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

event wrote: »
    They are going to put 114 apartments, right beside hill street bridge??

The congestion there will be amazing

I think i saw somewhere that the bridge is actually to be taken away, there must be other link roads incorporated into the development so as not to be relying solely on this exit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

dave 27 wrote: »
    I think i saw somewhere that the bridge is actually to be taken away, there must be other link roads incorporated into the development so as not to be relying solely on this exit

I'm pushing 40 and they've been removing that bridge for as long as I can remember.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    I'm pushing 40 and they've been removing that bridge for as long as I can remember.

Same

Plus they cant really remove it. The traffic that comes in that way, would be a disaster, they cant really close the road for an extended period.

Same

Plus they cant really remove it. The traffic that comes in that way, would be a disaster, they cant really close the road for an extended period.

It’ll be removed eventually and could probably be done quite quickly but it’ll cause a lot of hassle while it’s being done.

• Advertisement

Dundalk town planners though. They'd probably start it over the Xmas break and leave it there for 3 weeks untouched

Dundalk town planners though. They'd probably start it over the Xmas break and leave it there for 3 weeks untouched

Start the last week of August. Maybe it's not close enough to a school for that though. :pac:

Best time to have done something like that was over the lockdown but i suppose nothing has started there.

I read that apparently Tesco had to contribute to the removal works if it was within the 10 years of Tesco being there (part of the planning agreement), but since the time has lapsed they dont have to contribute anything as its gone on for too long

On a seperate note, i noticed theres a tower crane in the Port near the silos, does anyone know what there building?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

On a seperate note, i noticed theres a tower crane in the Port near the silos, does anyone know what there building?

There's a yellow tower crane in the middle of the derelict apartment block beside Tom Clarke's pub. (Opposite the port) They are back working on those apartments. Is that the crane you are seeing?

cargo wrote: »
    There's a yellow tower crane in the middle of the derelict apartment block beside Tom Clarke's pub. (Opposite the port) They are back working on those apartments. Is that the crane you are seeing?

I think it was a blue one that I saw, I noticed it crossing the bridge going into town with the port on the left, you wouldn't really notice it otherwise

• Advertisement

Its the one at those apartments alright

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭sibersha

There is a retirement home being built next to Crowne Plaza and plans for another block of apartments across the road also. Can be a bad enough spot for traffic already.

sibersha wrote: »
    There is a retirement home being built next to Crowne Plaza and plans for another block of apartments across the road also. Can be a bad enough spot for traffic already.

Fair few For Sale signs on the Dublin Road from the Xerox Junction on out the last few years. Can't blame them really, gonna be in the middle of a massive housing development with a traffic jam out the front.

Fair few For Sale signs on the Dublin Road from the Xerox Junction on out the last few years. Can't blame them really, gonna be in the middle of a massive housing development with a traffic jam out the front.

If there is big development in the town this link road is probably most suitable tho, close to the motorway and two lanes (at least) either way

If there is big development in the town this link road is probably most suitable tho, close to the motorway and two lanes (at least) either way

These developments are on the town side of the Xerox junction so only 1 lane at that point (not counting the right turn lane heading outbound).

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bhaswar

Hi ,I have recently visited Dundoogan housing project ,Haynestown . Any thoughts from the group about the project and advantages\disadvantages of living in that area. I mostly WFH but might need to commute to Dublin for work a couple of times in a week.

How does it compare with lets say Ruthdrum(wicklow) in the south which seems to be another popular commuter town approximately the same distance from Dublin .

I used to commute to blanchardstown from Dundalk. Its a disaster tbh. We would go the back way (Drogheda, Duleek, Ashbourne, Blanch) but that was still about an hour each way, every day.

Have no idea how that compares to wicklow.

Hollywood developments in for planning for a large development in behind the red brick houses on the bridge end of the Avenue Road. Access from Dunmore estate.

Earthworks ongoing in behind Byrne's pub on HillStreet. I think it's a sports development linked to the Grammer School. (I believe the site compound setup in Connolly's field is linked to this)

Building finally underway on the derelict grounds between Topaz on Dublin Road and Dept of Ag building. It's been in planning for years.

Apartment block very close to completion. Looks very well.

And also a new site started for a small development across the road on the traffic light side of the shop. Backs onto the Port.

Advertisement