Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

First! :P

Exclusives, yeah whatever. This brings a ready to go quality game collection to game pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Doom vs Halo crossover when?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

doom guy and master chief in a game together.....so crazy it might work :D

doom guy and master chief in a game together.....so crazy it might work :D

I am actually wondering if Microsoft could actually be in a position to pull of a smash bros like event but with First Person shooter/rpg games instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

So in the past few weeks/months, MS have added Madden, FIFA, UFC, NHL, NFS, SW Battlefront, Battlefield, Mass Effect, Titanfall, Dragon Age, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom, Prey, Quake, Dishonored, Wolfenstein, Rage, The Evil Within etc (and others I'm forgetting) to Game Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    So in the past few weeks/months, MS have added Madden, FIFA, UFC, NHL, NFS, SW Battlefront, Battlefield, Mass Effect, Titanfall, Dragon Age, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom, Prey, Quake, Dishonored, Wolfenstein, Rage, The Evil Within etc (and others I'm forgetting) to Game Pass.

dishonoured 2 is leaving game pass in 2 days.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    dishonoured 2 is leaving game pass in 2 days.

You'd now imagine it will be back at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

https://twitter.com/id_aa_carmack/status/1308069857913720832?s=21

Always worth remembering that Bethesda ‘the corporation’ was always a nightmare in a plethora of respects. Microsoft definitely seem a better bet in terms of letting developers do their thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,877 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Last years versions of those EA sports titles, to be fair. Battlefield etc also take a good few months before they hit EA Access. It isn't a day 1 thing like MS titles in Game Pass. It is still a good deal, imo, but I think it right to point out the latest fifa won't hit 'GamePass/Ea Access til next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭recyclops

For the casual gamer which seems to be the target market for the S it's massive.

Plus if its the latest fifa your after you can get early access and a discount. Its blows sonys ps hits out of the water and makes an already excellent platform much better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Last years versions of those EA sports titles, to be fair. Battlefield etc also take a good few months before they hit EA Access. It isn't a day 1 thing like MS titles in Game Pass. It is still a good deal, imo, but I think it right to point out the latest fifa won't hit 'GamePass/Ea Access til next year.

Pity its not the new fifa releases, I think EA could afford to take a small hit considering the amount of money UT pulls in every year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

ERG89 wrote: »

Definitely buying this, as i adored it back in the day. Fantastic soundtrack as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Taking an honest look at all those games a ridiculous amount of them have been mishandled by their studios.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Taking an honest look at all those games a ridiculous amount of them have been mishandled by their studios.

And yet are still insanely popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

And yet are still insanely popular.

So are Apple products. Sheeple will be sheeple!

So are Apple products. Sheeple will be sheeple!

Okay.

Rumour of a Bloodborne remaster for PS5, via a leak by a French retailer. The only reason it seems to be gathering any traction is that it's the same outfit who let it slip that PS5 pre-orders would go live after the showcase last week (reddit). In fact, from reading that thread it looks like they've done this numerous times in the past.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bloody remasters! This is getting ridiculous at this stage !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mafia remaster this week, Mass Effect Trilogy remaster rumour, demons souls remaster on PS5 launch. Gimme all the remasters!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭recyclops

the collections i dont mind but a bloodborne remaster is a cash grab and nothing more but sure as said above sheeple will lap it up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Mafia remaster this week, Mass Effect Trilogy remaster rumour, demons souls remaster on PS5 launch. Gimme all the remasters!!

That's a remake from the ground up though, don't mind that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That's a remake from the ground up though, don't mind that.

The Bloodborne rumour is a bit weird as they are adding it to the PS Plus Collection for PS5 Launch. Why do that when planning a remaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

While I would generally agree with you, this is Bloodborne, so SHUT UP!!! :P

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The Bloodborne rumour is a bit weird as they are adding it to the PS Plus Collection for PS5 Launch. Why do that when planning a remaster?

Unless it's the long-rumoured PC version. Or could be complete shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭McFly85

I usually don’t care too much about framerates, but a 60fps Bloodborne would make me SO HAPPY.

Especially if it’s patched instead of a new release so I can continue my new game + :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,723 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

What's the reverse to the Statute of Limitations? Why does my cynicism suspect that game publishers are going to latch onto the current popularity of (actual) remasters and start pushing out full-price rereleases with a lick of paint as "remasters". I mean, it's great well loved games are appearing on newer consoles too, so it's a tricky one. But there has never been a fashion this industry hasn't then ground into the dust.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,697 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

We have been getting remasters since the 8-bit era. There's always a market for it. It's just with todays hardware and software tools it's way easier than in the 8 and 16 bit days to **** out a remaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So it seems like Microsoft now owns 2 Playstation exclusives.

Advertisement