Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest WiFi

Options
  • 07-05-2020 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

So currently I have a Virgin Hub 3.0 and am getting a Nest WiFi delivered today.

I am going to use the Hub in modem mode once Virgin change its settings from IPV6 to IPV4, and let the Nest be the Router.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

No that's it, I've the same setup and works seamlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

skodacb wrote: »
    So currently I have a Virgin Hub 3.0 and am getting a Nest WiFi delivered today.

I am going to use the Hub in modem mode once Virgin change its settings from IPV6 to IPV4, and let the Nest be the Router.

Is there anything else I need to do?

When and where did you buy it ?
    Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

towger wrote: »
    When and where did you buy it ?
    Thanks !

Google Store, ordered yesterday delivered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

skodacb wrote: »
    Google Store, ordered yesterday delivered today.

Hmm, I order there too on Tuesday, still showing as not dispatched .

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭nigwerwig

Hi I'm interested in this how did you get on with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭ted1

nigwerwig wrote: »

There’s a 22% if you order today.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭nigwerwig

ted1 wrote: »
    There’s a 22% if you order today.

Been looking for a while this might be the tipping point. I'm getting drop outs of a nest cam I have hoping this would help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Has anyone used this with Vodafone DSL broadband? Is it simple to put the Vodafone modem into bridge mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

nigwerwig wrote: »

Hey man sorry for the delay in reply.

It's working fantastically, internet speed is at a near constant 240Mb over WiFi(250Mb package)

The random drops in WiFi , loss of WiFi connection have all disappeared with having the Hub set only as a modem and using Nest WiFi.

Before I bought it we would be contacting Virgin every few weeks about our speed and disconnections, it's made everything so much better especially being at home more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gerryp2000

Did you manage to put your Vodafone DSL Modem into Bridge mode ?? I'm struggling to find the procedure for doing this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I did (although in the end it wasn’t for nest, it was for a much better tp link wifi solution).

i think I used the instructions here: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/108582530#Comment_108582530

Advertisement