Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 8/Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭Tork

OnePlus's cameras always fall short of what the other flagships have to offer. This website gets a bit jargon-heavy at times but will give you an idea of what they have to say https://www.dxomark.com/oneplus-8-pro-camera-review/ It isn't that their cameras are terrible - they're decent and improving but still not at iPhone quality.

As for Oxygen OS, it isn't heavily customised. Have you used Android before?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Tork wrote: »
    OnePlus's cameras always fall short of what the other flagships have to offer. This website gets a bit jargon-heavy at times but will give you an idea of what they have to say https://www.dxomark.com/oneplus-8-pro-camera-review/ It isn't that their cameras are terrible - they're decent and improving but still not at iPhone quality.

yep i used to change phones every few months :pac: havent in years now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Doesn’t the 8 Pro come close to the flagships camera wise? Thought it was the first time they got the camera right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Tork wrote: »

Don't mind DxoMark. Everyone knows they're not to be trusted with camera reviews.
    The Oneplus 8 Pro has a fantastic camera. In my opinion, better than a Samsung galaxy. But still behind a Huawei. Helps that Oxygen os is nicer to use than One UI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭Tork

I received my new 8T yesterday but haven't taken the camera for a proper test-drive yet :) The few night shots I took with it are a definite step-up from my old one. Hopefully, the weather won't be as foul this evening and I can give the camera a proper testing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Spoke to Three support today:

"yes One plus 8 pro is 5G just our there is some technical details which our team need to add due to which the 5G is not working in the One plus 8 pro phones however soon it will be fixed and you will be able to use the services as 5G as well :)"

Seems very specific so Im hopeful it will work soon

• Registered Users Posts: 19,701 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Don't mind DxoMark. Everyone knows they're not to be trusted with camera reviews.
    The Oneplus 8 Pro has a fantastic camera. In my opinion, better than a Samsung galaxy. But still behind a Huawei. Helps that Oxygen os is nicer to use than One UI.

would the 8 pro camera be better than the huawei p20 do we reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Has anyone got any suggestions for a screen protector for the oneplus 8pro.

The stock one came off, I bought a tempered glass one from amazon, but my typing wasn't always registering through it. Would love one that a human recommended!

Put the topic on 5G on three forums:

https://community.three.ie/t5/Prepay/OnePlus-8-Pro-Not-compatible-with-5G-on-Three-in-Ireland/m-p/767820#M29906

Comment and upvote would be appreciated to keep up the pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

LeeroyJ. wrote: »
    Put the topic on 5G on three forums:

https://community.three.ie/t5/Prepay/OnePlus-8-Pro-Not-compatible-with-5G-on-Three-in-Ireland/m-p/767820#M29906

Comment and upvote would be appreciated to keep up the pressure.

Is 3 the issue or one plus? I'm on eir 5G and can't get it in my 8T

• Advertisement

errlloyd wrote: »
    Has anyone got any suggestions for a screen protector for the oneplus 8pro.

The stock one came off, I bought a tempered glass one from amazon, but my typing wasn't always registering through it. Would love one that a human recommended!

I got this one for my 8 pro. Simple to put on and looks great. You get a nice transparent carbon looking skin for the back included. Looks class on my glacial green pro.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B087M6HBRV?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I got this one for my 8 pro. Simple to put on and looks great. You get a nice transparent carbon looking skin for the back included. Looks class on my glacial green pro.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B087M6HBRV?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

If doesn't have a hole punched for the front facing camera. Is that a problem

errlloyd wrote: »
    If doesn't have a hole punched for the front facing camera. Is that a problem

Nope. Completely crystal clear. Have it on my Oneplus 8 Pro right now. Its fantastic. Doesn't affect the fingerprint scanner either.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Is 3 the issue or one plus? I'm on eir 5G and can't get it in my 8T

Try taking 1 sim card out and putting the 5G enabled sim in slot 1.

Try taking 1 sim card out and putting the 5G enabled sim in slot 1.

I only have one sim at the moment?

Uriel. wrote: »
    I only have one sim at the moment?

interesting, then it seems Meteor is also blocking the 8 series just like Three is. on Vodafone it seems to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

What are your general opinions on the standard One Plus 8, guys?

I'm currently in the market for a new phone and like the look of it as a potential Christmas present to myself! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Updated there now to 11.0.1.1 on Three , but no sign of 5G yet

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

BrentMused wrote: »
    What are your general opinions on the standard One Plus 8, guys?

I'm currently in the market for a new phone and like the look of it as a potential Christmas present to myself! :D

I've had mine since it came out. Previously had the 6Pro & 7Pro. I can't fault it. I was worried about the camera quality before buying it but for my needs (holiday pics and pics of the kids) its great.

Just received oxygen OS 11.0.2.2 and 5G is enabled with 3. Seem the noise i made with one plus and three might have worked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Just received oxygen OS 11.0.2.2 and 5G is enabled with 3. Seem the noise i made with one plus and three might have worked

So do can you use it with a second sim in the other slot?

So do can you use it with a second sim in the other slot?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

On a side note does the curved screen cause you to misspell as in finger drops off while texting?,ive large hands / fingers and had to get rid of my mi note 10 it was just annoying to constantly go back and rectify mistakes, don’t want to go down that road again: thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

yes

Deadly, have to just wait for the update now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

yes

What speeds are you getting?

CyberGhost wrote: »
    What speeds are you getting?

Ill test later and report, I dont have 5G in my apartment, only got it when I was out Grocery shopping yesterday

No sign of it being unlocked on eir

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i'm signed up to the three 5G option, but have yet to get it anywhere (to be fair have not been too many different places over the last few weeks)

yes

Sold my XS max, bought my kid an S20 plus
    So ended up with his one plus 7 pro,what a phone,just what I wanted,and hopefully next year I'll go for your phone ,just the prices were crazy,but I'll bag a bargain next year,good luck with it, obviously a better phone than my current but I'm really impressed with the 7 plus pro

• Advertisement

yes

Sold my XS max, bought my kid an S20 plus
    So ended up with his one plus 7 pro,what a phone,just what I wanted,and hopefully next year I'll go for your phone ,just the prices were crazy,but I'll bag a bargain next year,good luck with it, obviously a better phone than my current but I'm really impressed with the 7 plus pro

Advertisement