Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2021 in the Civil and Public Service (Please read OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dried peanuts

78 in Cork. Good or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Sophie717 wrote: »
    189 in Dublin - it's my first time going through the process. Is that result any good?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

295 in limerick is that any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 HillyMammoth

In the 90s for Dublin. Absolutely delighted and a little confused as for previous civil and public service campaigns I've placed in the 1000s for a smaller county. Can't tell what I did differently this time around.

Does anyone think there will be much of a shift in the OOM following interviews/checking of references? I was previously a TCO so will my stage 2 result be solely based on that reference?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

In the 90s for Dublin. Absolutely delighted and a little confused as for previous civil and public service campaigns I've placed in the 1000s for a smaller county. Can't tell what I did differently this time around.

Does anyone think there will be much of a shift in the OOM following interviews/checking of references? I was previously a TCO so will my stage 2 result be solely based on that reference?

There was no change last year from OOM once you passed interview.
    Assume the same this year. Only difference is some may not need to interview.

• Advertisement

It has been said that previous tco MAY skip the interview stage but I’d personally keep breathing in the meantime, I’ve done tcos also.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Shanehoof1000

Hi , I have received an oom of 87 for Galway, would there be much hope of receiving anything?
    Thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3 K00222043

Got 180 for TCO in Limerick. Is that good or bad? Never done this before and don't know if that is a good result.

Hi , I have received an oom of 87 for Galway, would there be much hope of receiving anything?
    Thanks 😊

Previous years I'd have said without a doubt yes once you passed the interview.
    After this year, no idea. It really depends on what happens with future lockdowns etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 D321

I just got my results and am 41 on OOM for Dublin. Does anyone know which departments take on TCOs? Despite the obvious ones such as DEASP? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 JPW1979

My 18 year old daughter finished in category c no. 2093 in order of merit for dublin.I know its a big number but would anyone know her chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Shanehoof1000

Previous years I'd have said without a doubt yes once you passed the interview.
    After this year, no idea. It really depends on what happens with future lockdowns etc.

Thanks for the reply ,ya it's hard to know with all this going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 D321

JPW1979 wrote: »
    My 18 year old daughter finished in category c no. 2093 in order of merit for dublin.I know its a big number but would anyone know her chances?

She will be called but it may take up to 6 months or longer before they come to her. That's my experience with that kind of number.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

channing90 wrote: »
    295 in limerick is that any good ?
    K00222043 wrote: »
    Got 180 in Limerick. Is that good or bad?

I had an OOM of 147 in Limerick for the 2020 TCO campaign and passed my interview in February but heard nothing since.

Now I have an OOM of 223 so it's just a waiting game. Sorry I can't be more helpful to you guys :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JPW1979

D321 wrote: »
    She will be called but it may take up to 6 months or longer before they come to her. That's my experience with that kind of number.

Thank you for your reply, fingers crossed.

Mollywolly wrote: »
    I had an OOM of 147 in Limerick for the 2020 TCO campaign and passed my interview in February but heard nothing since.

Now I have an OOM of 223 so it's just a waiting game. Sorry I can't be more helpful to you guys :(

I was below 30 in Limerick last year. Was offered a job in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

I was below 30 in Limerick last year. Was offered a job in September.

This year has been extraordinary in every sense of the word. Probably bears no resemblance the normal speed of things. If the vaccine sorts things out, it will be interesting to see how it moves. Must be alot of pent up demand, from roles left vacant through the pandemic ? I didnt get any phone call either in 2020 , but hopeful for 2021 !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Hi . Anyone have a view on how likely it would be to get temp position extended or progression into a permanent position ?

D321 wrote: »
    I just got my results and am 41 on OOM for Dublin. Does anyone know which departments take on TCOs? Despite the obvious ones such as DEASP? Thanks

Every department

Daz_ wrote: »
    Hi . Anyone have a view on how likely it would be to get temp position extended or progression into a permanent position ?

In normal years very unlikely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭Augme

You'll never be progressed into a permenamt position. Generally don't expect to be extended but it is a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclette

You might be lucky enough to get a TCO position extended (rare but it happens). However the permanent positions run different campaigns, so, no, you won't be made permanent from a TCO position.

However, if you apply for the CO competition, having worked as a TCO will be helpful. And your time worked as a TCO will be counted towards your increments. So, for example, you worked as a TCO for 6 months and were then placed from the Permanent CO panel, you would only be waiting 6 months to move up a level on the scale, assuming your probation was progressing successfully.

Augme wrote: »
    You'll never be progressed into a permenamt position. Generally don't expect to be extended but it is a possibility.

That’s interesting . What’s the main benefit of taking the position then , to help with future permanent campaigns only ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Pippylo213

I got 22 in Louth. How long does it usually take for interview rounds to be offered?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

That’s interesting . What’s the main benefit of taking the position then , to help with future permanent campaigns only ?

1. Its a paid position even if it is temporary,
    2. you get an insight into the work of the civil service to see if you like it and
    3. the experience you gain can be a good talking point in the permanent CO interviews.

Other benefits as mentioned, your time served count as a TCO count towards pay increments on the CO pay scales and, if you do get permanent CO, your TCO time can be counts towards eligiblity for internal promotion campaigns.

1. Its a paid position even if it is temporary,
    2. you get an insight into the work of the civil service to see if you like it and
    3. the experience you gain can be a good talking point in the permanent CO interviews.

Other benefits as mentioned, your time served count as a TCO count towards pay increments on the CO pay scales and, if you do get permanent CO, your TCO time can be counts towards eligiblity for internal promotion campaigns.

Thanks for the info . My partner already has permanent CO position but we are hoping to relocate and has done well in that location in this campaign . But sounds like giving up permanent position for this isn’t the way to go ..

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Thanks for the info . My partner already has permanent CO position but we are hoping to relocate and has done well in that location in this campaign . But sounds like giving up permanent position for this isn’t the way to go ..

Absolutely not!

In addition to the CO campaign, she may be eligible for mobility.

Depending on her department, they may agree to a local arrangement - if they have an office in the other location or a head to head swap with a different department.

But no, I wouldn't be giving up a permanent CO position for a TCO position.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭Augme

It's a.much quicker and easier recruitment process and normally you'd be in a tco position well before a permenamt one. for a long time it would have been nearly impossible to fail and interview for it as well. It is generally a role popular with young people who want summer work or else with older people who want the money and don't want a permenamt job. Also get people who just don't have any office experience as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Got the results of the aptitude test. Is the OOM in your county or does it include everyone who applied?

Score: 2717
    OOM 20
    County Waterford.

What are the chances of getting called to an interview. Is the interview pass/Fail and the OOM stays the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 mulligja

297 OOM for Dublin, so happy out! Congrats to all who got their results. Anyone know when I might hear back for next stage based on this result?

Advertisement