Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭jod1983

jod1983 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Was putting my automower out today for its first run and the base station LED is flashing blue!
    I found the connection between the guide wire & boundary and redid this but the LED is still flshing blue. I checked it with an electrical meter and the loop is ok between the guide wires & boundary wires. Loop resistance is 2ohms.

Any ideas?

Just off the phone to the dealer. Thinks its the circuit board in the base station.

New one on the way and can be fitted by myself. Apparently its a common part to go:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

staples7 wrote: »
    Let my fella out a week ago but needless to say he was in most of the week. Even after a few half days he put a lot of manners on the lawn ��. 3rd season with a 430x and delighted. Tempted to buy the automower house..

I got one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/vidaXL-Garage-Protector-Weather-resistant-Outdoor/dp/B06XCY3FDT

Does the job very well

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭joebre

Outside working area query ?

Fixed a number of breaks in the perimeter cable yesterday. Got solid green light. Cut the secondary area for several cycles yesterday.
    Set to cut the main area overnight.
    Error message to say outside working area. It wasn’t. It had come out of the charging and stopped immediately.
    Blue flashing light.
    Have read the FAQ but not obvious to me what is wrong.
    Am I right that a broken cable will say no loop signal.
    This hints at a problem near the charging station ?

Did you check if your left and right loop were in the right connectors ?

I've a Rob 1000,this will be its first season.
    Im going to build it a house and try and retro fit a rain sensor .
    Haven't quite figured it out yet because I need to see how the mower reacts to a power loss/signal loss.

joebre wrote: »

Fixed a number of breaks in the perimeter cable yesterday. Got solid green light. Cut the secondary area for several cycles yesterday.
    Error message to say outside working area. It wasn’t. It had come out of the charging and stopped immediately.
    Blue flashing light.

Check the guide wire, Ive had this on my Rob1000 when guide wire was broken on not plugged in back properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Omar Devone Little

Would any one else have an AMBROGIO mower? Just have one or two questions about the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭slayer91

krissovo wrote: »
    Even with edge cutting I find I still need to strim a few areas but there are other options. In my front lawn I have a Worx s300 that does a great job, the edges that it misses I use a bit of roundup when the growth is obvious and use some mulch to cover the strip after, its only a couple of centimeters and I pour directly from a bag so it takes no time at all. It lasts the whole season so saves on future strimming.

Hi,
    Just wondering where you picked up your Worx, was in Ireland or from abroad?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Bedouin79

Would any one else have an AMBROGIO mower? Just have one or two questions about the app?

Yeah shout away, it’s a bit confusing the app at times

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭E30M3

Bedouin79 wrote: »
    Yeah shout away, it’s a bit confusing the app at times

I'll keep an eye here too and pitch in when I can add value.

(L350 Elite)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

folks I am considering the Worx Landroid 300 for my small lawn ( split in 2 with path )
    I see that its available here on offer for 500 - is this a good deal ?

Also, I have a small lawn but its quite technical - is the Landroid the best option?

Thanks
    rob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Renault 5

What height are people using for their first few cuts?

My Gardena Sileno first cut at 60mm and will keep that setting for the next few weeks just to keep control of the lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭joebre

Blue flashing light.

Really confused now.
    Did nothing since my post above a couple of days ago.
    Still have flashing blue light.
    Mower is fully charged.
    Pressed Start and mower started cutting !

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭balcan

Really confused now.
    Did nothing since my post above a couple of days ago.
    Still have flashing blue light.
    Mower is fully charged.
    Pressed Start and mower started cutting !

On my Gardena mower there is an Eco mode setting that turns off the loop signal when mower is not cutting, possibly could be this, I'm unable to check on mine as it's still in hibernation

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭odoliam

RobAMerc wrote: »
    folks I am considering the Worx Landroid 300 for my small lawn ( split in 2 with path )
    I see that its available here on offer for 500 - is this a good deal ?

Also, I have a small lawn but its quite technical - is the Landroid the best option?

Thanks
    rob

Hi
    I bought 2x M500 Worx last summer from that website
    Prices now look close to what I paid at the time (though I got a bit cheaper since it was late season: €1100 for both M500's! and currently showing closer to €1200 for 2)
    €500 for the S300 looks a decent buy....but if you can stretch to the M500, as ever, the longer battery life will mean the mower is out cutting your lawn for less time each week
    That website had the best prices I could find, inc shipping - and given it's early in the year, those are good prices

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭tedimc

Has anyone bought an Ambrogio either online or in Ireland lately that could recommend a vendor? Any idea of savings off list price?

myrobotcenter.eu doesn't seem to stock them anymore and I need one or multiple units to tackle 14,500m2. I was toying with some Chinese models from AliExpress, but reconsidered that the savings might not be worth the grief.

I'm still doing my homework - but looking to see am I better going with one of the larger L400 models or multiple smaller units. Has anyone blended multiple units successfully?

Ambrogio and Husqvarna are the only two brands with models who have any sizeable area cover from what I can see.

Also - interested to hear if anyone has purchased the Ambragio 4.36 Elite model?

Hi,

Has anyone experienced any difficulty purchasing off myrobotceter.eu.

The transaction is rejected by my CC as the purchasing site doesn't have 3DS enabled.

Their support desk is no help at all. - Change my browser and try another purchasing method.

Regards

slayer91 wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone experienced any difficulty purchasing off myrobotceter.eu.

The transaction is rejected by my CC as the purchasing site doesn't have 3DS enabled.

Their support desk is no help at all. - Change my browser and try another purchasing method.

Regards

I just preordered the new Husqvarna 415x on Friday from them. Used Paypal and it went through no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Trying to decide whether it's still too early in the year to let my one loose again.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Recently got a Puppy.

Puppies and robot lawnmowers do not mix.
    Currently have a minimum of 2 perimeter breaks in the line due to chewing.
    Luckily they are done in areas where there was a bit of slack - hopefully i can join with the connectors and bury.

Really dont want to go through putting down a new perimeter!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,898 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Did you check if your left and right loop were in the right connectors ?

I've a Rob 1000,this will be its first season.
    Im going to build it a house and try and retro fit a rain sensor .
    Haven't quite figured it out yet because I need to see how the mower reacts to a power loss/signal loss.

It just dies in the spot of power is cut. I've my Rob 1000 out in all weathers for years. Doesn't flinch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

What are the budget mowers like?

The Yard Force Easy Mow 260 is €320. We have a small, square garden. I'd be happy enough with a basic mower, no WiFi etc but is there anything I should look out for?

I only have experience with hoovers. I have a Roomba 960, I bought it specifically over the entry level model as it has rubber rollers that don't get tangled with hair like our cordless Dyson which needs frequent cleaning because of the brush roller. I borrowed my mam's Eufy 11s and it was useless. Left behind so much dirt and the sensors got it stuck as it saw obstacles and didn't think it could pass even though it drove through in the first place.

A garden is a lot simpler though and I'm hoping a budget mower would be suitable.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorted. Didn't like my revolut card.

Wont shipped unit the 15th March!!

Regards

Lurching wrote: »
    Trying to decide whether it's still too early in the year to let my one loose again.

My Rob1000 has been out for 9 days now and lawn looking great! Weather has been great for cutting bar a couple of very rainy days early last week. Mild frost this am but didn't last long

slegs wrote: »
    My Rob1000 has been out for 9 days now and lawn looking great! Weather has been great for cutting bar a couple of very rainy days early last week. Mild frost this am but didn't last long

It's only the frost that would worry me. Not sure how much they like it.
    Is it only the battery that can fail if it gets cold (Husq 430X)?

Lurching wrote: »
    It's only the frost that would worry me. Not sure how much they like it.
    Is it only the battery that can fail if it gets cold (Husq 430X)?

I put mine out on Saturday
    Got battery temp warnings each of the last 2 nights
    Assuming they'll be OK, but might just take out batteries each night for the rest of the week as the frost is forecast for this week
    Day of 11, but night of 1-2!

odoliam wrote: »
    I put mine out on Saturday
    Got battery temp warnings each of the last 2 nights
    Assuming they'll be OK, but might just take out batteries each night for the rest of the week as the frost is forecast for this week
    Day of 11, but night of 1-2!

Might just leave it a few more weeks.
    Forecast lows of 0 degrees on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

So this is a very interesting thread.
    I have made decision yesterday to treat myself with one - if I could get it to work in my garden.

My lawn is about 400 (what I thought it was - roughly measured ) to 550 (what robomow online tools tells me) square meters.

120m2 of this is in a separate patch (separated by the drive- gravel - but quite dense- and no curb)

I would like a robot mower to be able to get to the separate patch (else what is the point). Would it be able to manoeuvre between two fence posts and , take 5 m of gravel and then go back between fence posts on the other side ? Whenever I have my lawnmower on and do the same journey, no gravel ever touches the blade and like I said it is quite dense gravel by now so can't see the wee robot wheels struggle too much.

Which make/model would possibly be able to do this ?
    I see a lot of the folks here buying their robot online to avail of better pricing. Just wondering would it be worth paying a bit extra to have a local dealer involved that could help out when your are stuck ? Do these yokes need servicing ? Or just cleaning and blade replacement ?

The Local-ish dealers I looked at online typically only sell one make .. are there are any (Meath) that stock a variety ?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

If there are no obstacles, you level out the gravel - then yes it is possible.
    You would need to likely put a guide wire from the separate section .

Also the entire outside perimeter will need to include both sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 FM252

Hi, I was planning on buying a Husqvarna and came across this thread. I noticed myrobotcentre has great deals with a limited sale?

Is it worth buying from this site instead of local dealership?
    And as many are sold out, the best one for me would be the 430x which is capable of 3200m2.
    However, my lawn is 1600m2. Is this overkill and should I just stick to something is my range.
    Also, are these discounts limited or are constantly on myrobotcentre?

Any help would be appreciated for pros and cons or if I should bite the bullet and purchase.

Thanks again

• Advertisement

FM252 wrote: »
    Hi, I was planning on buying a Husqvarna and came across this thread. I noticed myrobotcentre has great deals with a limited sale?

Is it worth buying from this site instead of local dealership?
    And as many are sold out, the best one for me would be the 430x which is capable of 3200m2.
    However, my lawn is 1600m2. Is this overkill and should I just stick to something is my range.
    Also, are these discounts limited or are constantly on myrobotcentre?

Any help would be appreciated for pros and cons or if I should bite the bullet and purchase.

Thanks again

If you are happy/comfortable doing the install and doing a bit (sometimes a lot - depending on your patience during install) of fault finding, then buy online.
    If you buy local, the cost is higher, but should come with an install service which will be guaranteed

As mentioned before, I bought from myrobotcentre and had no issues
    Their offers do expire and change from what I've seen - I got a better deal mid-summer (so end of season) than is currently on their website

On the size question - bigger means less cutting time typically. Double sized is overkill, but if you can afford it, you'll barely notice the mower out.
    I actually like to see the mower out and have no issue with - nor do the dog or chickens!! :D

Advertisement