Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Sadly that's a common problem with with app/website. You could try and contact them on their website to let them know, but I doubt it's big on their priority list to fix.

As for the same playlist each day at same time, I know the regular ChristmasFM one is different, but I imagine the classical one might not have as big of a pool of songs to play from so it might well be the same list.

Yeah i suspect the classical has a smaller amount of content, hence the songs being repetitive.

Most of the mucic/songs I know, but theres 1 or 2 I dont and have been going mad to find out what they are as I'd like to download them, hence the player telling the songs being played being something i've looked at.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Posy wrote: »
    Is the first song every morning 'I Got You Babe?' :D

Its the classical/carols one I'm listening to, not Christmas classics!

Its Handels messiah i start my day with more often than not.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Yeah i suspect the classical has a smaller amount of content, hence the songs being repetitive.

Most of the mucic/songs I know, but theres 1 or 2 I dont and have been going mad to find out what they are as I'd like to download them, hence the player telling the songs being played being something i've looked at.

Try using Shazam to idenfity the songs, I always use it, handy app.

Classical Christmas fm wasn't working at all today, tried it through 3 or 4 different apps but no joy. So im taking it as a sign to move on, until November anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Classical Christmas fm wasn't working at all today, tried it through 3 or 4 different apps but no joy. So im taking it as a sign to move on, until November anyway.

Thats quite a depressing thought. Just had a try there also and tracks seems to be playing but no sound:(

Still, I'm sure we will dip in often between now and November, if just to cheer ourselves up:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Not working on the app for me either. All other stations working Ok.

Just got a lovely blast of Andy Williams, most wonderful time of the year :)

PaulT21 wrote: »

Still, I'm sure we will dip in often between now and November, if just to cheer ourselves up:D

The classical (&carols) one is the one i'd dip into through the year moreso so I hope it gets sorted soon.

Never listen to the classics one, and only really listen to the normal one when the presenters are live, suspect that'll be the same this year, on that note, sincerely hope they kick off with presenters online before the FM launch again this year, I enjoyed the extra few days having it on the background when WFH.

Wonder will we still be WFH come November? :confused:

Wonder will we still be WFH come November? :confused:

If I don't make back to the office this year I would't be massively surprised.

TRS30 wrote: »
    If I don't make back to the office this year I would't be massively surprised.

Even if things return to relative normality I think I'll be pushing for a WFH & office mix. i.e. 2 days a week WFH & 3 in the office or suchlike. I spend that much time visiting sites a full 5 day week in the office is rare anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Even if things return to relative normality I think I'll be pushing for a WFH & office mix. i.e. 2 days a week WFH & 3 in the office or suchlike.

I honestly believe this will be the norm going forward.

• Advertisement

I honestly believe this will be the norm going forward.

I hope it is. At least we'd have something positive coming from this whole mess.

Have already broached the subject with my boss. We are getting bought over in March and the new company have put out feelers on what people would like to do. I said 2 days in office (Tues & Wed) and 3 days at home. Will see if comes about however don't see why it wouldn't.

Have already broached the subject with my boss. We are getting bought over in March and the new company have put out feelers on what people would like to do. I said 2 days in office (Tues & Wed) and 3 days at home. Will see if comes about however don't see why it wouldn't.

I agree with this even down to the day splits.

I agree with this even down to the day splits.

I think it will be a popular option alright.

However the last 11 months have shown that my area can work 100% from home with no impact on productivity etc. Less time in the office lowers overheads and capacity issues so don't see why they wouldn't go for it.

I'd love something like that, but our MD will be pushing for people being back in 100% of the time, its simply the nature of what we do that being together makes things easier unfortunately. I know some of the other directors (myself included) are more open to WFH though so its definitely a discussion we'll need to have, though I suspect the vast majority will be expected back in the office full time.

I think it will be a popular option alright.

However the last 11 months have shown that my area can work 100% from home with no impact on productivity etc. Less time in the office lowers overheads and capacity issues so don't see why they wouldn't go for it.
    And there's new work from home laws that now make it a legal right for the employee to do so if they can, and by now most companies can show they can.

And there's new work from home laws that now make it a legal right for the employee to do so if they can, and by now most companies can show they can.

That will be the ace up my sleeve, as they say, if they try to play hardball about coming in full time.

Though are these not meant to come into effect until December at the earliest?

Though are these not meant to come into effect until December at the earliest?
    I think so, but our company was told that flat refusal to allow staff to contine to WFH would not be looked upon favourable in a labour court tribunal.

That will be the ace up my sleeve, as they say, if they try to play hardball about coming in full time.

I'll be using the same tactic. Though I know that the whilst we've managed to keep going through all working remotely there has been issues with some staff & collaberation across different disciplines has been nowhere as smooth as it should have been so reckon they'll use that as a countering tactic.

As I said I can see the majority in our office coming back in, but am hopeful & reasonably confident I can avoid. I dont mind going in now I have my own parking space but would love to split it so I can avoid the commute 5 days pw.

• Advertisement

I think so, but our company was told that flat refusal to allow staff to contine to WFH would not be looked upon favourable in a labour court tribunal.

ooh, thats interesting. gamechanger interesting.

Just to say, Christmas FM classical is back up & running!! So thats my WFH background music sorted for the afternoon when I get back from site.

Just to say, Christmas FM classical is back up & running!! So thats my WFH background music sorted for the afternoon when I get back from site.

They must be following us in here :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I damn well hope so. :pac:

They must be following us in here :)

I'd sent them a message anyway, just in case!

ChristmasFM have announced this paddy’s day they will be running a this is Ireland FM station for one day.

A station full of Irish music, artist and Irish stories. This year it’ll be launching on a trial basis for one day. If successful it will be another branch next year on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

PaddyFM, I'm not convinced:o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Nothing will beat the 'real thing', to be honest!

• Advertisement

Yeah, the Halloween, valentines etc versions don't really interest me to be honest, can't see paddy fm doing so either. It's just Christmas for me...

Advertisement