Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell *Mod note in op*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

The family and Richard always sound like they're speaking about two different people. The fact that he always says even though you've hurt me we can move on and so on
    Do ye think that makes him sound guilty about something
    My biggest fear is a loved one disappearing and not knowing what happened, if someone just decided to leave and say nothing I could never forgive them. I've often told loved ones I don't care if you've decided you can no longer stand the sight of my face and you need to get as far away from me as possible, please leave a note explaining that will you 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

snoopy84 wrote: »
    The family and Richard always sound like they're speaking about two different people. The fact that he always says even though you've hurt me we can move on and so on
    Do ye think that makes him sound guilty about something
    My biggest fear is a loved one disappearing and not knowing what happened, if someone just decided to leave and say nothing I could never forgive them. I've often told loved ones I don't care if you've decided you can no longer stand the sight of my face and you need to get as far away from me as possible, please leave a note explaining that will you 😂

Would this be at a candle lit dinner type of scenario or when is the best time to pop a question like that?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

Would this be at a candle lit dinner type of scenario or when is the best time to pop a question like that?

I say it to all loved ones whenever there is any mention of a missing person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

snoopy84 wrote: »
    I say it to all loved ones whenever there is any mention of a missing person :)

Fair play, I was only ball hopping and probably shouldn't have been so flippant.

My apologies.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I'm so conflicted about this.

One one hand, it's usually someone known to the victim that's responsible but you'd have thought something would have shown up at this stage.

Richard is English right? He doesn't have family here?

If I committed a serious crime, I wouldn't go to the press or keep the case in the public view. I'd slip away, emigrate back to England and claim the daily reminders are too hard and hope the case fades into obscurity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭Be right back

Does anyone know if this lady who was found deceased was identified?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Does anyone know if this lady who was found deceased was identified?

I was only on the garda website earlier looking to see if there had been an update but doesn't appear to be.

The info from the crime call appeal is still there.

"Gardaí in Midleton, Co. Cork are investigating the discovery of remains that were discovered by workers at a construction site on the Midleton to Youghal Greenway, just off the Shanty Path at Roxborough, Midleton, Co. Cork on Tuesday 5 January 2021.

On the date in question, building workers from Cork County Council were clearing an area just off the railway which had been used as an illegal dumping ground for a number of years. This area was not accessible as a walkway and it was overgrown with shrubbery trees and weeds.

The workers were in the process of clearing the site with a digger on 5th January 2021 and at approximately 4.30 – 5pm they discovered the human remains.

An extensive Garda investigation is currently under way lead by Superintend Adrian Gamble. A full post mortem was carried out. DNA samples were obtained but when set against the National DNA Database, a match was NOT obtained. The services of the Missing Persons Unit and the Garda National Protective Services Bureau were engaged. Items of evidence are currently being examined by a Forensic Scientist. Carbon dating and all available scientific resources have been engaged as part of the investigation.

Description of deceased:

Remains believed to be that of a female aged approximately 70 years +
    Height approximately 5’0 to 5’2’’ (when alive)
    Large framed
    Suffered from arthritis
    Wore dentures
    Was wearing a faded white garment on the upper body
    Gardaí Appeal:

Someone in the community must know how the female skeletal remains came to be at this locally known “tipping point” off the Shanty Path at Roxborough, Midleton, Co. Cork
    An Garda Síochána are determined to formally identify the deceased and treat her with the respect and dignity that she deserves
    An Garda Siochana want and need to provide closure for a family that, at this early stage, remain unknown and ensure that the remains are brought to a final resting place
    House to house enquiries have been undertaken in the local area, local missing person records have been reviewed as have missing person records retained by the Garda National Missing Persons Unit.
    The investigation is ongoing and further scientific resources, including Carbon Dating have been engaged as part of the investigation.
    Gardaí are appealing to the public for any information, no matter how small, they might have to help."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭Be right back

^^ Thanks. Hopefully they will. She deserves a proper burial and to be identified.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

This case is so similar to the Madeline McCann case, no evidence anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

This case is so similar to the Madeline McCann case, no evidence anywhere.

Almost the perfect crime...if she didn't go off by herself that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Does anyone know if the body found in Cork was ever identified?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does anyone know if the body found in Cork was ever identified?

It was mentioned the other day and I think they said they took DNA off some people and they were negative and they were planning on talking to undertakers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Are we looking at underhand dealings regarding undertakers here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Any updates on the case

I thought you had one for us when I saw start date of thread and then went to last page!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Five years on... another appeal for information there on Crime Call, no further updates though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Thejournal.ie describes them as juvenile remains so are they thinking of a child/teenager? They say they're following a definite line of enquiry so hopefully some family will get closure anyway

Yeah, just read that on the Echo website. The Tina saga continues. RIP to the deceased.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

Child's remains, believed to be over 20 years old. Heartbreaking stuff.

• Advertisement

It absolutely is heartbreaking, a very sad situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

A 2nd set of human remains found in the same area as the body in the nightdress...not an infant I don't think.. No details yet of post mortem results.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/mystery-second-set-human-remains-28103047

Post edited by Ann22 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Beginning to sound as if someone ploughed up a corner of a graveyard and dumped the debris on this site.

I don't say this flippantly - I mean, something like this could actually have happened, and would account for the distressing finds.

To be fair that is entirely possible at this stage - it's so strange and very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That was suspected at the time was it not? I'm sure I heard some suggestion of there being coffin hardware or similar.

Extraordinary- but still nothing connected with Tina- just disappeared with 20K+ euro, left phone dog and keys behind, took suitcase and some clothes yet didn’t take public transport and no one saw her leave - family in UK worried- husband in Ireland still thinks she ran away and is willing to “forgive” her if she just lets us all know she’s safe.

A mystery indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

A dodgy property developer could find themselves in a world of trouble.

Not saying it’s the case with Richard , but remember Joe O’Reilly went on Kenny Live after murdering his wife Rachel. Sometimes a dangerous narcissist will actively court publicity.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

If we assume for a moment that she was fleeing him for whatever reason, leaving the phone at home is plausible, because the advice is often to change your phone and your number in case of potential tracking. Taking cash is also plausible.

What doesn't fit is her leaving behind her beloved dog, and very few women who are handbag users would leave their day-to-day handbag - if anything, you'd be throwing various things into it last minute as you leave the house.

• Advertisement

Indeed.

(and like what more can anyone say) !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement