Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght

Options
  • 11-04-2021 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28 Iriah251

Hi we are looking to buy an apartment in tallaght, 80% of the apartments that are for sale are in Kiltipper, I don't know the area and would like to know about deer park, Marlfield Terrace, kiltipper way, kiltipper gate, deer park drive, deer park place, deer Park Lodge??? Is it all private owned? What's the area like for anti social behaviour
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Iriah251 wrote: »
    Hi we are looking to buy an apartment in tallaght, 80% of the apartments that are for sale are in Kiltipper, I don't know the area and would like to know about deer park, Marlfield Terrace, kiltipper way, kiltipper gate, deer park drive, deer park place, deer Park Lodge??? Is it all private owned? What's the area like for anti social behaviour
    Thank you

I don't live there but fairly close. It's a mix I think of private and social. The spar at Marlfield closed a few years back I think due to anti social behavior but there's a mr price there now a good while. The kiltipper pub is a grand spot, very nice food.

I've never had any hassle there but there would be groups of teenagers hanging around, like most areas of Dublin these days. I've never felt unsafe anyway.

They are right beside Ellensborough and Elder Heath.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Marlfield is a mixed bag. A lot of rental properties and then you have Cushlawn. A lot of the trouble in the area comes from this estate. There is also a settled traveller housing road on Marlfield Crescent. The rubbish thrown over the walls from these houses into the adjacent football grounds is pretty disgusting. Around the corner at the Centra in Killinarden they have/had ongoing issues with drug dealing and residents in those apartments getting hassle.

One way to find out a lot about the area is to join the local FB group and have a look back at the things being posted about the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Spar closed, and the area is ok, but there are gangs hanging around the kiltipper house. The Spar is now a Mr Price. I was in it one evening and one of the gangs threw a bottle at my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

id avoid buying in the area to be honest. its certainly on the turn..very much a mix of private and social. although the buildings looks attractive..the general area is rough..the kiltipper inn and shop area are a nightmare. teenagers are everywhere..plenty of attitude. look elsewhere for a more peaceful life!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Definitely seems to be getting worse around there. Was at the Kiltipper Inn recently and there was rubbish everywhere outside and alarms going off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Scag Mattress

Just had a look at that on maps,

How anyone could with that shite is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

I've lived in Kiltipper for 12 years peacefully. There is a new Youth Club that has opened in my estate that should help reduce the number of teenagers hanging around the shops. Groups of teenagers hang around shops in every area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

I lived in tallaght for about 14 years. A couple of my closest friends live in kiltipper and cushlawn.

Id avoid any areas that touch off them unless you are on the far side. Whilst some areas are getting better from facilitates, some are getting worst.

I would not invest my life savings into a building in those areas. The likelihood of anti social trouble, or being targeted is too high.

Oddly enough, if you live there a long time. You are generally left alone since you are part of the community. However do you really want to have to go through a period like that.

*there are obviously the majority of people that are completely fine in the areas... just the bad apples that spoil it.

• Lived with a friend of mine in deer park something or other for a few months when my partner & I were apartment hunting and it was grand I guess? Never had any notable hassle but the general area wasn’t kept well and that spar was never under too much fire at the time but in fairness, this is 8 year ago so.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Ciara26

Is elder Heath the same as the above? I know they are right beside these places?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Elder heath is nice, but while the estate agents can label it whatever way they want, it is Killinarden. At the original sale, the buyer were told there was not going to be an entrance onto the killinarden ring road, yet there is. And quite possibly another one about to open. It is nicely kept, clean and tidy, and I have not seen any agro in there.

Advertisement