Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entering Canada for job offer

Options
  • 13-04-2021 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

I got an IEC invite and it says I can enter Canada provided I have an offer for a job. Has anyone done this in the past few months (under IEC) and if so, what was your experience in terms of required documents, airport process etc? It seems like any job will do...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What sort of visa do you have? Young Professionals (that the job will be tied to), or do you have a Working Holiday visa but need a job to get into the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

the_syco wrote: »
    What sort of visa do you have? Young Professionals (that the job will be tied to), or do you have a Working Holiday visa but need a job to get into the country?

International experience Canada - so a working holiday visa for U35 afaik - my mates went over on it a couple years back and found a job there but according to the website due to covid a job offer is needed to enter for the time being...

Hope this makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

You just need a job offer letter on company headed paper. Any job will do now (I think there was a time when it was only certain jobs that qualified) but it's important that the start date is after your quarantine period is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

I got an IEC invite during the week also and I completed application and paid the fee. Is Biometrics currently operating as normal?

It says on the main website there is 57 weeks waiting time? It hardly takes 57 weeks??

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ma88

Hi, how's been with IEC?

Got myself the go ahead for it and have 20 days to submit all the stuff - police/medical cert & pay the fee is what's left in for me!

Was it long after submitting all the info to get approved? For how long is it valid if so? Are there any chances to get it denied aswell?

As i included my wife and 2 childrens on the form as they'll be traveling with me, just not sure for the mrs - will she need to apply herself for a individual permit or on my application she can get it on aswell?!

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement