Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barina Developments new BTR Apartments - Newtownpark Avenue; Blackrock

Options
  • 10-04-2021 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭

There is some work going on within the past week beside Cronin's Centra to build 67 build to rent apartments on the empty site on Fleurville Road/Annaville Terrace in Newtownpark Avenue. The developers Briana Developments have demolished one of the old abandoned houses on the site to make a construction entrance to access the site. The new construction entrance has a planning notice from DLRCC up about their intention to build the new units on the site.

There is a description & pictures here of the new development.
    A new apartment development in Blackrock comprising of 67 Build to Rent (BTR) units at the junction of Newtown Park Avenue and Fleurville Road. The scheme will comprise of 45 one-bedroom and 27 – two bedroom units, 44 basement car spaces, associated landscaped gardens, residential amenities, including roof terrace with sea views. Further information available from Barina Head Office.

barina-new-homes-8.jpg

https://www.barina.ie/new-developments.html

The inspector's report about this development from December 2019 is linked here.

http://pleanala.ie/documents/reports/305/R305265.pdf

The planning authority had granted permission to this development subject to 21 conditions when this report was published.

I distinctly remember that this site was owned by a company called Knight Franks before while the Melfort housing estate was being built right beside Newpark Comprehensive School just a few short yards away from Fleurville Road. I'm not sure if Knight Franks are separate company to Briana Developments or not. However; it sounds like great news to have more new housing provided in the area to complement the demand for new apartments currently planned for Stillorgan, Cluain Mhuire, Frascati SC, Temple Road & Newtown Avenue in Blackrock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Knight Franks are estate agents and valuers.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Pretty brutal looking scheme!!!

That site has been floating around for about 25 years now! 18 years ago I got planning permission (for a client) for apartments on that site and prior to that there was planning permission for houses/apartments. The site has been sold numerous times/passed through many hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Pretty brutal looking scheme!!!

That site has been floating around for about 25 years now! 18 years ago I got planning permission (for a client) for apartments on that site and prior to that there was planning permission for houses/apartments. The site has been sold numerous times/passed through many hands!

The apartment block on the opposite corner hasn't aged well either.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Mav11 wrote: »
    The apartment block on the opposite corner hasn't aged well either.

You think?

I wouldn't have thought it the worst for a little Council social housing scheme, which it is. Quite unobtrusive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

Larbre34 wrote: »
    You think?

I wouldn't have thought it the worst for a little Council social housing scheme, which it is. Quite unobtrusive.

Didn’t know that it was council. I thought it had got very shabby on the outside, maybe it just needs a good clean up.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

There's an amending application in for this - DLR are looking to rent the entire block for 25 years and would rather the 'resident support facilities' be converted to provide 3 more one bed units. The development is to be called The Butter Yard.
    See D21A/0217.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭BlueSkyDreams

Does anyone know if this went to the council the end?

Another one of their 25 year leases and then hand the complex back to the fund owners. Such a waste of tax payers money.

Advertisement