Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Good God! The Journal actually did some reporting once. Seems that all the parties are at this Social Media thing.

https://www.thejournal.ie/fine-gael-social-media-guide-2692710-Apr2016/

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Oh lord...Eoghan! :)

Ah jaysis this lad is off the wall. Reverse looks like the outrage machine at the indo has derailed.

https://twitter.com/TVsCarlKinsella/status/1224411820200484866?s=19

Oh lord...Eoghan! :)
    He was even a member of Sinn Fein once. Strange that never gets mentioned. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Everyone knows Harris is a bitter old Stickie like his former mate Kerrigan on the back page of that publication.

Not sure what relevancy that has to the intimidation of journalists by SF supporters.

Doc...can you link the guy who posted the meme to SF?

This article from the Sunday Business Post on the parties and their election spending is quite interesting. Seems that the two biggest spenders didn't include SF.

https://www.businesspost.ie/election2020/fine-gael-spent-almost-eur86000-on-online-campaign-3ebb82a6

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

jmcc wrote: »

Regards...jmcc

'Official SF' as opposed to 'Provisional SF'. Not sure what point you were trying to make. Anyways, this is a fine book about that entire period.

The+Lost+Revolution.jpg

Regards...jmcc

Oh I know. I knew him back in student days. A strange man and a strange path in life. Over wrought, I would have described him back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Oh I know. I knew him back in student days. A strange man and a strange path in life. Over wrought, I would have described him back then.

Sure you did Frank.

Sure you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,194 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Personal digs at people, journalists, public figures and politicians all over this website.

They seem to be appearing on this thread a fair bit especially tonight.

Sure you did Frank.

Sure you did.

:) Whatever JJ. No skin off my nose if you don't believe me.

• Advertisement

A contemporary or a student of his?

He's an eccentric sort of lad for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

All based on hearsay.

Francie can just say he knew this man years ago and he was strange and thats it.

No questions asked.

Can see how SF can easily use social media to push a certain narrative without any evidence.

'Official SF' as opposed to 'Provisional SF'. Not sure what point you were trying to make. Anyways, this is a fine book about that entire period.
    He was SF's leading Marxist thinker (completel with his crick-necked "man of destiny" pose and Joe Stalin moustache. Then, for some reason, the party split into Official SF and Provisional SF. Every party to which he attached himself has crashed and burned at the polls. A Christian Fundamentalist party, Official SF, SF The Workers Party, John Bruton's Fine Gael, the UUP, Fianna Fail.

Regards...jmcc

Bit of deflection going on here I feel. The Eoghan Harris Panic Card. Only to be used under extreme circumstances.

Has anyone put in a request to dataprotection@sinnfein.ie to see what data they hold on you? Or any other party for that matter?

Has anyone put in a request to dataprotection@sinnfein.ie to see what data they hold on you? Or any other party for that matter?
    Yes. One poster mentioned up-thread that they had made a request.

Regards...jmcc

He was SF's leading Marxist thinker (completel with his crick-necked "man of destiny" pose and Joe Stalin moustache. Then, for some reason, the party split into Official SF and Provisional SF. Every party to which he attached himself has crashed and burned at the polls. A Christian Fundamentalist party, Official SF, SF The Workers Party, John Bruton's Fine Gael, the UUP, Fianna Fail.

Regards...jmcc

Eh, sure, no problem. We should start a thread about the split that happened almost 50 years ago if we want to discuss that. I wouldn't be an expert on that at all, but I'd be happy to contribute if there was interest.

Not sure what it has to do with the story we were attempting to talk about though. The intimidation of journalists by supporters of SF, and the pirate flag crew.

A contemporary or a student of his?

He's an eccentric sort of lad for sure.

He was a friend of somebody I knew well.

Couldn't care less if you believe me or not. I see it has been turned into something sinister already.
    Dear me, the paranoia. I am beginning to wonder if you guys leave the house. :)

Bit of deflection going on here I feel. The Eoghan Harris Panic Card. Only to be used under extreme circumstances.

Speaking of deflection, can you tell me how you linked the guy who posted the Tom and Jerry cartoon to SF? Genuine question.

Speaking of deflection, can you tell me how you linked the guy who posted the Tom and Jerry cartoon to SF? Genuine question.

This one?

https://twitter.com/WFjordian/status/1384521716882362371?s=20

Eh, sure, no problem. We should start a thread about the split that happened almost 50 years ago if we want to discuss that. I wouldn't be an expert on that at all, but I'd be happy to contribute if there was interest.
    Harris is still "advising" Martin/FF according to reports. Though there was real intimidation of journalists back then far beyond offending a snowflake's feelings with a Tom and Jerry cartoon on Twitter.
    Not sure what it has to do with the story we were attempting to talk about though. The intimidation of journalists by supporters of SF, and the pirate flag crew.
    The pirate flag crew is interesting. I'm not one of them. The pirate flag crew seem to be upsetting FG's Social Media gurus. All that expensive propaganda being demolished in seconds by people with pirate flags in their profiles.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

He was a friend of somebody I knew well.

Couldn't care less if you believe me or not. I see it has been turned into something sinister already.
    Dear me, the paranoia. I am beginning to wonder if you guys leave the house. :)

You said you knew him. I was just asking if you were a student or contemporary of his. A friend of a friend is perfectly understandable. Shur I even met Gerry Adams once.

Not suggesting any sort of shinnister stuff at all. You're just like me. A lad with a keen interest in current affairs.

Everyone is doing a shift the last few days, youd wonder

Yes. What's his link to SF?

I don't know. A journalist working here in Ireland felt it was intimidatory enough, or symptomatic of a wider issue that he retweeted it.

Yes. What's his link to SF?
    Apparently a former head of communications for SF liked it and it sent poor Philip over the edge.

Regards...jmcc

I don't know. A journalist working here in Ireland felt it was intimidatory enough, or symptomatic of a wider issue that he retweeted it.

??

Is that vagueness really good enough here? The guy is upset because a 'Shinner' posted a cartoon with a gun in it. But there are no apparent links to SF in the guys profile.

Apparently a former head of communications for SF liked it and it sent poor Philip over the edge.

Regards...jmcc

It also sent a fellow journalist to call out intimidation from SF supporters on one of their colleagues, and that has resulted in the Press Gallery in the Dáil asking the leader in the Dáil and President of SF to come out with a statement about it. Political journalists from all the major media outlets are in agreement.

This is not a hatchet job on SF. It's a case of you reap what you sow.

#payforjournalism

It also sent a fellow journalist to call out intimidation from SF supporters on one of their colleagues, and that has resulted in the Press Gallery in the Dáil asking the leader in the Dáil and President of SF to come out with a statement about it. Political journalists from all the major media outlets are in agreement.
    She should tell them to man up and do their jobs. And then she should point out that in Tom and Jerry, Jerry always wins. :)
    #payforjournalism
    I think that people would pay for good journalism (The Currency etc) but not for press release recycling and propaganda. One of the reasons that many print newspapers are failing and losing readers is that in the 1990s, the newspapers decided to become viewspapers. They just can't compete with the Internet on that aspect.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Also the journalist who erroneously reported that Leo had to vacate his home because of threats apparently.
    Story was withdrawn.

Actually it was Ali Bracken and Rodney Edwards who wrote that fake story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Everyone is doing a shift the last few days, youd wonder

Mod

Both of you can stop posting in this thread. Attack posts, not posters.

Anyone else tempted to veer off topic; dont.

Advertisement