Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIDAL (Equiv to Spotify) for 1.11/month SEE OP POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Got an email from Tidal the other day saying my Tidal trial will be ending soon, and from April 24th I'll be paying 19.99.

Balls to that, says I.
    Until I realised I'm paying in Turkish Lira!

€2.04 a month I can stomach! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Soarer wrote: »
    Got an email from Tidal the other day saying my Tidal trial will be ending soon, and from April 24th I'll be paying 19.99.

Balls to that, says I.
    Until I realised I'm paying in Turkish Lira!

€2.04 a month I can stomach! :D

Thats the one I am on. Hfi.
    Might upgrade to the family plan if I can afford it. I think it is just over €3 a month :pac::pac::pac:

vectra wrote: »
    Might upgrade to the family plan if I can afford it. I think it is just over €3 a month :pac::pac::pac:

Pure loaded, you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

IS this Turkish thing signing up via a VPN etc? Loved Tidal when I was on it but the Spotify music discovery is much better. Or was anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The Nal wrote: »
    IS this Turkish thing signing up via a VPN etc? Loved Tidal when I was on it but the Spotify music discovery is much better. Or was anyway.

See OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Spotify increasing price from 14.99 up to 17.99. Looks like it's time to jump to tidal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

vectra wrote: »

Tidal family hifi account for last month on my revolut was 3.06. Just in case you need the extra 6 cent for anything else. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Great to be back on Tidal after a couple of years off. Only issue is when shuffling larger playlists it plays the same 2 bands s over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭dubmick

Jofspring wrote: »
    Spotify increasing price from 14.99 up to 17.99. Looks like it's time to jump to tidal.

Arsenal won't buy itself

• Registered Users Posts: 45,280 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Spotify increasing price from 14.99 up to 17.99.

The Joe Rogan Experience!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,280 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Been impressed with Tidal. Switched from Deezer

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

Same here the greedy feckers, Just signed up to Tidal

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭concubar

Wishox wrote: »
    Same here the greedy feckers, Just signed up to Tidal

yes me too, just signed up to family plan,

used winscribe vpn + my normal revolut which has turkish lire (for netflix),
    all worked well in a couple of mins.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

It'll be interesting to see how hard the price increase hits them. €3 hike is quite a jump up.

When I started with Netflix I think it was €6.99. That has kept creeping up to now €17.99. Spotify family was always €14.99 now also gone up to €17.99 and I think YouTube is close in price too. So if you have a family that uses those services you could be talking the bones of €55 just on those three subs a month. Thank god for cousins abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Wonder if Amazon will ever add Tidal to Echo? have both Spotify and Tidal, only have Spotify because it can be used with Amazon Echo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

meathman0 wrote: »
    Wonder if Amazon will ever add Tidal to Echo? have both Spotify and Tidal, only have Spotify because it can be used with Amazon Echo.

I don’t use Alexa or Amazon much but I did open a US Amazon account to connect Tidal with the Echo. I think you lose some Irish skills with a US account but like I said, I don’t use Amazon a lot so I don’t know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

Trying this while connected via Windscribe and with a virtual revolut card, I keep getting:

"Your transaction could not be completed. This could be due to incorrect credit card details, expired credit card or restrictions from your bank. Please try again or use a different credit card. If you still have problems, please contact the bank that issued your card.

Any suggestions of a workaround?

Edit: I tried with a disposable card in Revolut and it worked, nice one :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

meathman0 wrote: »

I kept a Prime account that the family use so Amazon Music does the job for the Echo's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Just curious on whether I should change my echos to a US account.

Would the Tidal Hifi sound any better on the echo than a normal deezer/amazon account?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Sup08 wrote: »
    Just curious on whether I should change my echos to a US account.

Would the Tidal Hifi sound any better on the echo than a normal deezer/amazon account?

hifi would only be for decent equipment I would think. The echo is bog standard stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

tried this woeful app ended up back with spotify

• Registered Users Posts: 14,557 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

tried this woeful app ended up back with spotify

The new Spotify gui was a real downgrade.
    Not much difference between Tidal and Spotify now.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

The Spotify app just gets worse and worse. I noticed I'm only charged 1 euro for this. Great deal.

Trying this while connected via Windscribe and with a virtual revolut card, I keep getting:

"Your transaction could not be completed. This could be due to incorrect credit card details, expired credit card or restrictions from your bank. Please try again or use a different credit card. If you still have problems, please contact the bank that issued your card.

Any suggestions of a workaround?

Edit: I tried with a disposable card in Revolut and it worked, nice one :-D

Virtual and Disposable both don't work for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭pah

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    The Spotify app just gets worse and worse. I noticed I'm only charged 1 euro for this. Great deal.

You noticed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭pah

Dropped spotify yesterday after years with the family premium. I could justify €15 with herself, the kids and my brother getting value for it but the 20% hike was a step too far IMO.

set up everyone on tidal now for 3 quid a month, playlists copied over, all good.

SnuggyBear wrote: »

You're probably on the special offer.

Get ready for the big jump up to €2!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

pah wrote: »
    Dropped spotify yesterday after years with the family premium. I could justify €15 with herself, the kids and my brother getting value for it but the 20% hike was a step too far IMO.

set up everyone on tidal now for 3 quid a month, playlists copied over, all good.

Yeah in the same boat here with latest hike in Spotify for family plan, must give Tidal a shot.

For 3 quid a month is that Family Premium or Family HiFi?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Stupid question, would tidal have the same music as spotify or will it have less?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,202 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Hococop wrote: »
    Stupid question, would tidal have the same music as spotify or will it have less?

tidal has more tracks than spotify. https://www.soundguys.com/tidal-vs-spotify-37120/#:~:text=Tidal%20offers%20over%2060%20million,a%20considerable%20amount%20of%20music.

Unless you listen to really obscure artists that might be on one but not the other I can't see it affecting you.

Advertisement