Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

redmgar wrote: »
    Yes mid 100 after stage 2, I see that they are bringing only 100 through initially.

Are we sure that there is no presentation?

50% of civil servants are based in Dublin you’ll definitely be called in batch 2.

I am just after realising that the message didn’t specify what stage 3 involved ! So let’s wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Claireyy

Hi all,

Is there anyone here that passed/did well on the video interview that would be willing to discuss how you structured your answers?

I scored fairly low across the board despite using STAR method, no script etc.

My feedback was that I "demonstrated good experience but lacked a broader understanding of the role." PAS are unwilling to elaborate on this so I am at a loss as to what went wrong or where I need to improve.

Any help would be appreciated, via PM if preferred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭lucat

Top 5 with high 80 in Team Leadership and low 90s in the rest.

Never managed anyone before in my life so just took a project which I was lead on and how I cajoled everyone into making it a success.

I'm out and got a very low score in Team Leadership. I'm surprised because I was a Team Lead for a few months on a big InterD project. I was the Team Lead but not the line manager. In my example I talked about a major stumbling block in the instructions coming to my team and how this was affecting my team's work/morale and then how I resolved the problem (I've been advised to use this example in past competitions by my HR). The feedback was that I didn't show how I supported my team's development. The score is actually the lowest I've ever received using that example. So....I'm confused, to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 EO19

I'm out with a very low score on team leadership too...v disappointed. I had prepared what I thought was an excellent example of leading a team , how I/we prepared for the project, how I facilitated/lead and stumbling blocks like the previous poster. PAS said not strong enough leadership experience. Confused as I scored way higher on internal comp, twice the score, for the exact same example and I felt I answered this one better. If anyone has any advice for future comps/what to do it would be v welcome, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

Claireyy wrote: »
    Hi all,

Is there anyone here that passed/did well on the video interview that would be willing to discuss how you structured your answers?

I scored fairly low across the board despite using STAR method, no script etc.

My feedback was that I "demonstrated good experience but lacked a broader understanding of the role." PAS are unwilling to elaborate on this so I am at a loss as to what went wrong or where I need to improve.

Any help would be appreciated, via PM if preferred.

Hey i passed didn't get very high scores but panelled for an internal heo comp with the same examples if i can be of assistance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭lucat

EO19 wrote: »
    I'm out with a very low score on team leadership too...v disappointed. I had prepared what I thought was an excellent example of leading a team , how I/we prepared for the project, how I facilitated/lead and stumbling blocks like the previous poster. PAS said not strong enough leadership experience. Confused as I scored way higher on internal comp, twice the score, for the exact same example and I felt I answered this one better. If anyone has any advice for future comps/what to do it would be v welcome, thanks!

Yes I scored much higher on an internal comp with same example too. The feedback they gave said I had showed delivery of an objective, but that sounds like feedback for the wrong question.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Skweefie

While it is only an opinion, I would have thought the feedback and scoring would be on a curve of other people in this particular competition. I can understand the frustration with the scoring and comparing it to previous personal results in other comps but it is something to consider. If they have other candidates who gave better answers or responses, that will affect the pass/fail or place on the OOM. It is all subjective but just a thought I had while reading the responses to the feedback.

Hard luck to anyone getting knocked out at this stage. It is not a nice feeling after all of the work and preparation.

Congrats to all who fall within the OOM. Good luck in the next stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭doc22

Scores are very arbitrary in my experience, different scores for the same example are standard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭JennyZ

I'm out with a low score on Team Leadership also. I scored far higher on this competency on Internal HEO panel, with pretty much the same example.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Forthebuzz

Some regional invites to stage 2 gone out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭RC01

Forthebuzz wrote: »
    Some regional invites to stage 2 gone out

Yes I just got a message for regional also :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Me too. Within a week of me saying here that I won't be holding my breath. :)

Had better start preparing over the weekend....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

what happens if you have already done stage 2 for dublin and your region is called?
    Is your original score for stage 2 for dublin carried forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pinkelephanto

RC01 wrote: »
    Yes I just got a message for regional also :)

Can I ask what County you were called for? and were you in top 50?

Can I ask what County you were called for? and were you in top 50?
    I applied for Westmeath and Offaly doesn't specify which county, yes I was within the top 60

redmgar wrote: »
    what happens if you have already done stage 2 for dublin and your region is called?
    Is your original score for stage 2 for dublin carried forward?

Yes but just be aware that in the recent EO competition that those who accepted an interview in Dublin were told that they would be out of the running for their second county ie you had to make the choice there and then.

And just a general comment - stage 3 invites for Dublin should be out by Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭boccers

Just wondering for people that have done the video interview did you use different examples to your application form or expand on the ones given on the form or a bit of both?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pinkelephanto

I was 34 in my county and haven't been called yet...

I was 34 in my county and haven't been called yet...

I would imagine PAS are only calling certain counties, not all yet.

boccers wrote: »
    Just wondering for people that have done the video interview did you use different examples to your application form or expand on the ones given on the form or a bit of both?

Both - expanded on 2 examples in my form and did a recent example for another

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Has anyone been called for Waterford or Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ooops..

Anyone called for Mayo?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭boccers

Has anyone been called for Waterford or Wexford?
    I was just called for Wexford this morning. I was 39 on the OOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rusty1983

Did any one get called for Laois?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

Hi, I was about to reply that I've been called too. I put down Waterford and Wexford but it doesn't say which county in the email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Wexford here too. Am also on OOM for Carlow. Mail today doesn't specify which county I'm being called for, but am guessing it's more likely Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

I have to say I'm surprised they're calling regionals already - I thought they'd wait a little longer until going through the Dubin final stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 CJMB

Yes but just be aware that in the recent EO competition that those who accepted an interview in Dublin were told that they would be out of the running for their second county ie you had to make the choice there and then.

And just a general comment - stage 3 invites for Dublin should be out by Friday.

I am through to stage 3 for Dublin and in the message it says that you will only be called to this stage once, regardless or regions chosen - so I presume results carry over to other regions. It didn't say by getting to this point you were excluded from your other choices. I had also chosen Kildare, any called for Kildare yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Purpletoes

Wexford here too. Am also on OOM for Carlow. Mail today doesn't specify which county I'm being called for, but am guessing it's more likely Wexford.

I’m Carlow and Kilkenny and was called today too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Shill007

I got 19 for Longford and 30 for Westmeath and have just got called for my video shortlisting for Stage 2.

Advertisement