Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Cricket Season 2021

• 27-12-2020 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

Date Home Team Away Team Format Location
    08/01/20 Abu Dhabi Ireland ODI UAE
    10/01/20 Abu Dhabi Ireland ODI UAE
    12/01/20 Abu Dhabi Ireland ODI UAE
    14/01/20 Abu Dhabi Ireland ODI UAE
    18/01/20 Afghanistan Ireland ODI UAE
    21/01/20 Afghanistan Ireland ODI UAE
    23/01/20 Afghanistan Ireland ODI UAE
    March Zimbabwe Ireland ODI Zimbabwe
    March Zimbabwe Ireland T20I Zimbabwe
    June Netherlands Ireland ODI Amsterdam
    July Ireland South Africa ODI Ireland
    July Ireland South Africa T20Is Ireland
    July Ireland Pakistan T20Is Ireland
    July Ireland Pakistan T20Is Ireland
    August Ireland Zimbabwe ODI Ireland
    August Ireland Zimbabwe T20I Ireland
    October Afghanistan Ireland T20I
    October T20 World Cup UAE

Our 2021 packed schedule above. The Pakistan tour to Ireland in July is tentative, there's rumours of possible tests against Afghanistan possibly when we play them in August as well as rumours of rescheduling the Sri Lanka test that was meant to be play in Feb of this year as well as the ongoing rumours of a once off test away to Pakistan but that's unlikely this year.

The lads flew out to the UAE today (the 27th where I am currently) and due to quarantine for a week and then play a 4 game ODI series against the UAE before we play Afghanistan in the World Super League so we really need to pick up 2 wins in that series if we want to qualify automatically.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I have little interest unless there is a test match.

I want to go to Malahide in the summer. Drink 6 pints and watch proper cricket all day in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

https://www.cricketeurope.com/DATABASE/ARTICLES2020/articles/000014/001419.shtml

Looks like Sri Lanka test is happening in Dec.

Also I believe we are playing (have played) a UAE XI as a warm up today, but cant find any scores for it.

The March/April tour of Zimbabwe has unsurprisingly been postponed due to the covid situation there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Ireland A are traveling to Bangladesh next week to play 1 first class game, 5 one day games and two T20's.

Ireland Wolves squad
    : Mark Adair, Curtis Campher, Peter Chase, Gareth Delany, George Dockrell (red-ball capt), Stephen Doheny, Jonathan Garth, Shane Getkate, Graham Hume, Jeremy Lawlor, Josh Little, James McCollum, Neil Rock, Harry Tector (white-ball capt), Lorcan Tucker, Ben White.

Some dates confirmed for the summer

Home series
    Ireland v South Africa series

• 11 July: Ireland v South Africa, 1st ODI (Malahide)*
    • 13 July: Ireland v South Africa, 2nd ODI (Malahide)*
    • 16 July: Ireland v South Africa, 3rd ODI (Malahide)*
    • 20 July: Ireland v South Africa, 1st T20I (Malahide)
    • 22 July: Ireland v South Africa, 2nd T20I (Stormont)
    • 25 July: Ireland v South Africa, 3rd T20I (Stormont)

Ireland v Zimbabwe series

• 6 August: Ireland v Zimbabwe, 1st ODI (Stormont)*
    • 8 August: Ireland v Zimbabwe, 2nd ODI (Stormont)*
    • 11 August: Ireland v Zimbabwe, 3rd ODI (Stormont)*
    • 15 August: Ireland v Zimbabwe, 1st T20I (Bready)
    • 17 August: Ireland v Zimbabwe, 2nd T20I (Bready)
    • 20 August: Ireland v Zimbabwe, 3rd T20I (Bready)

Away series
    • 4 June: Netherlands v Ireland, 1st ODI
    • 7 June: Netherlands v Ireland, 2nd ODI
    • 9 June: Netherlands v Ireland, 3rd ODI

All the ODIs form part of the World Super League and subsequent world cup qualifying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Any chance of being able to go to those South Africa matches in Malahide? I can't think of a better socially distanced sporting event than watching the cricket in Malahide really :-)

If they don't put the stands up you could just hang around the fence and watch anyway. It's my birthday on the 3rd ODI, I think I'll head up with a bag of cans regardless.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's an interesting one. I don't see them allowing any "mass" spectator events. However no stands and in the middle of a public park, and you cannot stop people seeing what's going on unless you pretty much close the park altogether

Possibly the only way to control it would be to put the stands up and have very limited numbers. Then ticket allocation becomes an issue

Would love it if some spectators are allowed, but the specifics around Malahide will throw up challenges.

Then there's a similar question over Stormont, where different rules will apply, but from recollection it may be easier to stop any "casual" spectators

Either way, I reckon Niall O'Brien is going to be busy with the likes of Sky over the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dohboy

It's not going to be worth their while selling tickets to Malahide, I assume? But they'll also likely be wary of a big-ish crowd turning up... Hard to know what they'll do tbh.

Ireland A's had a poor first day in Bangladesh.

Batting first, Ireland only posted 151, with Curtis Camper top-scoring with 39. In reply, Bangladesh A reached 81-1 at the close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

VillaMad wrote: »
    Ireland A's had a poor first day in Bangladesh.

Batting first, Ireland only posted 151, with Curtis Camper top-scoring with 39. In reply, Bangladesh A reached 81-1 at the close.

35/4 second time around, 127 behind. I watched the first hour of this match, and Ireland were 31/0 off 14 overs, turned off and completely forgot about it then.

• Advertisement

35/4 second time around, 127 behind. I watched the first hour of this match, and Ireland were 31/0 off 14 overs, turned off and completely forgot about it then.

Hammered in the end. Only got 139 second time around and lost by an innings and 23 runs. Pitiful stuff.

Start a one-day series against the same opposition from Friday onwards.

Lost a 50 over match by 6 wickets, Ireland 260/7 Bangladesh 264/4 45.3 overs. LorcTucker made 82* in quick time, but in the first 25 overs the score was something like 90/1. Like the 1990s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

George Dockrell has started the season like a freight train. Three sixes in the last over the other day to get a century. If he keeps going I can see him back in the Irish team over the summer.

The coverage of the games has been good. Munster in with a shout today if they can get a few wickets. Think moving players around has evened things up.

Barney92 wrote: »
    George Dockrell has started the season like a freight train. Three sixes in the last over the other day to get a century. If he keeps going I can see him back in the Irish team over the summer.

The coverage of the games has been good. Munster in with a shout today if they can get a few wickets. Think moving players around has evened things up.

He's playing for the Wolves v Netherlands today

Strong enough Wolves team actually

Harry Tector (captain)
    Curtis Campher
    Peter Chase
    George Dockrell
    Stephen Doheny
    Shane Getkate
    Graeme McCarter
    William Porterfield
    Neil Rock
    Tim Tector
    Craig Young

Came in at four and helped Tector solidify the innings. Tector going well here, looking forward to following how the rest of the line-up does towards the end of the innings.

7 sixes by Getkate in a brilliant last wicket partnership with Peter Chase gets Ireland up to 276.

Looks a good bit easier to bat on in the afternoon for the Dutch, so a good challenge for the Irish bowlers.

Superb start by the Irish bowlers with the Netherlands 3 down inside the first 3 overs.

Win yesterday defeat today by 5 wickets after being skittle for 94. Top order blown away at 10/5. The Netherlands were helped on their chase by 36* from Scott Edwards, if he's dutch, them I'm a dutchmam

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

if he's dutch, them I'm a dutchmam

That's something that can be said about a lot of players playing for a lot of countries, including Ireland.

McCarter banging on the door with six wickets today. Three for Ben White too. The batters haven't exactly covered themselves in glory thus far, but the bowling has been good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭kksaints

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ireland-seamer-boyd-rankin-announces-retirement-1263741

Boyd Rankin retiring. He was a key member of our bowling attack for a good few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dohboy

He took his only Test wicket for England with his last ever delivery for them... then took Ireland's first ever Test wicket.

Dockrell with another fifty today, still going too. He must be in line for a return to the national team as a batter. Good to see Tucker get some runs today too.

Yet another fifty for Dockrell, and a good knock for Balbirnie to win the title for Leinster. Need someone to be able to support Stirling against the Netherlands next week.

Munster have a good shout against the Knights, have them 178/5 after some quick wickets. Would like to see them pick up a win.

The women's team looked very impressive against Scotland in the last three games. Bowled very well in all four games and took some cracking catches. Bodes well for the t20 qualifiers later in the year (if they go ahead).

Netherlands batting first after winning the toss and are 48/1 after 9

Simi Singh gets Max O Dowd. 51/2

Josh Little wicket with his first ball. 51/3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Now 51/4. Josh Little with two wickets in three balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Wheels are falling off for Netherlands...53/5 and Little has another. His current figures are:
    2 0 2 3!!

• Advertisement

McBrine breaks what was turning into a useful partnership

Advertisement