Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Alvo released 13th April. Bit of buzz about this on a few vr sites I follow.

https://youtu.be/0kHTv8Ks8Us

Some pricing info..

Retail price for Alvo now revealed: $39.99 (USD) / €34.99 / £29.99.

Also a 25% introductory PS+ discount will run for two weeks from the launch date (April 13th).

Early review...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev10SsrgstE&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Doom 3 physical arrived from Amazon today... couldn't ask for better timing on a Saturday evening

Now to charge up the ol Aim :)

mrcheez wrote: »
    Doom 3 physical arrived from Amazon today... couldn't ask for better timing on a Saturday evening

Now to charge up the ol Aim :)

Been tempted by that myself but not finished the other Doom VR yet. Be interested what you think of D3, seen mixed reviews

Booted it up there last night after my Aim finally completed charging.

It's great! The 3D effect is in some ways more effective than the Quest 2 version so everything feels more tangible and obviously it's more polished.

The OLED screen true blacks really come to the fore here too!

Warning though, you're gonna want strong VR legs for this one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Anyone here have a LG cx TV, and how did you get round the bottleneck of the vr box processer as it's not hdmi 2.1?

Only thing I can think of is switching the hdmi straight to the ps5 when not using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Anyone here have a LG cx TV, and how did you get round the bottleneck of the vr box processer as it's not hdmi 2.1?

Only thing I can think of is switching the hdmi straight to the ps5 when not using it?

That's pretty much it I'm afraid.
    I've the psvr1 so I guess I'm used to switching cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I must get cracking at Ironman. I am also contemplating getting Ultrawings.

I've being very lax in playing any VR!
    Have not tried ironman on the ps5 yet.

So happy there is a physical copy of Vader Immortal announced.

Must get back to playing Everybody's Golf VR. Should be much more fun with the move controllers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've been absolutely loving Beat Saber. Helping to shed a few pounds too, in fairness to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Aye, Beat Saber is perfect for the PSVR and really shows off how much fun VR can be. PSVR suffers from a lack of thumbsticks on the Move controllers, and as such games with player controlled locomotion suffer imo. It's put me off quite a few PSVR games, and when I played the same games on a loan of a Quest 2, they were much better due to the thumbsticks on the Quest controllers.

If you're liking that, try BoxVR too. Fitness wrapped in a Beat Saber type boxing game. Or Pistol Whip is another good PSVR game.

It is what makes the AIM controller so good, thumbsticks for moving and turning :D
    I must say I did adapt to living without them, I hate the fact they never really implemented even using the Move Navigation controller in more games.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I must get cracking at Ironman. I am also contemplating getting Ultrawings.
    Ultrawings is good fun!
    It definitely scratches that Pilotwings itch for me

Aye, Beat Saber is perfect for the PSVR

Having played Beat Saber on Rift, Quest and PSVR I can honestly say Beat Saber "feels right" in PSVR over the others simply due to the shape and weight of the controller.

Tracking is a potential issue though I've never had this problem with Beat Saber.

Same with Sprint Vector... PSVR version was the best due to feeling like holding a running baton.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Got back into VR now after purchasing Alvo yesterday..

Loving it, so much faster than Firewall and when you die you spawn back which is good rather than spectating...

Got back into VR now after purchasing Alvo yesterday..

Loving it, so much faster than Firewall and when you die you spawn back which is good rather than spectating...

I want to get into ALVO but I cant help but be worried it will be dead in a couple of months.
    (And the its the price that is stopping me!)
    The above reason was what I loved about Honor and Duty D:Day fast paced round after round.
    Alvo looks like a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

coolisin wrote: »
    I want to get into ALVO but I cant help but be worried it will be dead in a couple of months.
    (And the its the price that is stopping me!)
    The above reason was what I loved about Honor and Duty D:Day fast paced round after round.
    Alvo looks like a lot of fun.

Yeah I think the initial price might be much but it's on sale for like 27euro...

I reckon I'll get my monies worth out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Smyths have Move Controllers in stock for anyone looking. Just grabbed a set

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Threw on the walking dead vr game saints and sinners,

Probably the most impressive one I played so far, only lasted forty minutes or so before I decided to turn it off, struggling trying to get those vr legs plus the current pair of glasses I have I felt like they were being squished against my head,

I put the stoppers on the headset to stop the lenses getting scratched by my glasses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just setting up new TV and running realised the PSVR box likely doesn't do hdmi 2.1 pass through so wondering how others are handling it, if worried about using 2.1?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just setting up new TV and running realised the PSVR box likely doesn't do hdmi 2.1 pass through so wondering how others are handling it, if worried about using 2.1?

Unplug and switch cables, pain in the ass but don't see other options.

For the free adapter in the post for PS5 yesterday so I can switch the library to there.

Hitting a bit of a wall with Beat Saber and the missions where you have to make mistakes on purpose in certiain ways. Really do not enjoy those.

I'm playing AstroBot on PS5 here (not the amazing VR one) but you get to collect "artifacts", which are in the form of old Playstation tech like PSP camera and the original Dual Shock 1 etc.

Anyway I just found the Move controller and realised it is "old tech" that is somehow on it's 3rd gen. Bought mine in 2010 for Sports Champions on PS3 and still use it to this day on Psrv on PS5. Pretty incredible if you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Unplug and switch cables, pain in the ass but don't see other options.

Yeah that's what I decided to do.
    Still haven't tried the PSVR on PS5 yet so must try it out.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I decided to do.
    Still haven't tried the PSVR on PS5 yet so must try it out.

It's A BIG step over the OG PS4 I'm blown away by how much better it looks even ones that's haven't being upgraded.

It's A BIG step over the OG PS4 I'm blown away by how much better it looks even ones that's haven't being upgraded.

I'd agree with this. And Blood n Truth, which did get ps5 upgrade, is like a new game, so smooth plays great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'm the same, I have the ps5 since January and haven't hooked up the vr yet. I keep promising myself that I'll play blood and truth(bought on release day, still sealed) and I don't know what keeps putting me off

I'll prob make the jump to PS5 from my OG when the PSVR2 comes out

• Advertisement

Blood & Troof is brilliant innit.

Advertisement