Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭StephenRy30

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Absolutely, pay that extra €15 :)

I will be getting the insurance, they didn't thought had it for 24 hours . It was €50 each day not €15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Few hundred years ago I used to have excess insurance for rentals. It might work out cheaper for a day or two .

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

I always have excess insurance with me. I remember it was only like 3-4 euro a day or 50 euro a year. It saved me 700 euro when Avis charged me that for a scratch that I didn’t do.

I’m surprised that UFO even has the option of having no insurance at all. It’s an offence to drive without insurance, and most normal car insurance companies would not cover paid car hires.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Sam W wrote: »
    I’m surprised that UFO even has the option of having no insurance at all. It’s an offence to drive without insurance, and most normal car insurance companies would not cover paid car hires.

Surely there is a form of insurance that they provide, but the cheapest option simply means the renter is responsible for the full value of the car in the event of a write off....

a very handy way to put at additional €15 per day on the real charge, as who's gonna take the chance of being fully liable for a Tesla Model 3??

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Sam W

Surely there is a form of insurance that they provide, but the cheapest option simply means the renter is responsible for the full value of the car in the event of a write off....

a very handy way to put at additional €15 per day on the real charge, as who's gonna take the chance of being fully liable for a Tesla Model 3??

Could be that they only cover third party liabilities. Still quite irresponsible though, as it increases the chance that someone would just do a hit-and-run in fear of having no insurance covers.

We had a company rental car in US which was hit by another rental car. The other car had no insurance and just sped off. Being rental car companies, neither wanted to do anything and we just had to pay the cost for the repair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Sam W wrote: »
    Could be that they only cover third party liabilities. Still quite irresponsible though, as it increases the chance that someone would just do a hit-and-run in fear of having no insurance covers.

We had a company rental car in US which was hit by another rental car. The other car had no insurance and just sped off. Being rental car companies, neither wanted to do anything and we just had to pay the cost for the repair.

Glad to see folks trying out UFODRIVE. I still have a referral code that gets you 30 euro off your first drive with them. Can PM you it if interested.

Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Would UFO be the best to get a tesla rented?

I'm not aware of anyone else in this country. Does anyone know if you can rent Teslas elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Has anyone got the new 7GB 2021.8 EU maps yet for Model 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

eddhorse wrote: »

nah

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Nope

• Advertisement

Got a maps update last week, and since getting it AutoPilot has been absolutely fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Think tis only the FSD people at this time.

Thanks for the replies, just the FSD crew then.

mouthful wrote: »
    Think tis only the FSD people at this time.

I don’t have FSD and I got it.

Just typical random Tesla deployment….

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

I've 2017 face-lift model s with mcu1 and fsd and still have maps 2019.21 and firmware 2020.48.37.2

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

I'm downloading those new maps at the moment 2019 M3p no fsd

jordan191 wrote: »
    I'm downloading those new maps at the moment 2019 M3p no fsd

Does it come in like a normal update you have to schedule to install etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭jordan191

Just popped up the normal way, it's a big update around 7GB

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭decp

I just re-taxed mine having been completely oblivious to the fact I've been driving around the last 11 days with no tax!!

How much should the motor tax be on a SR+ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

decp wrote: »
    How much should the motor tax be on a SR+ ?

€120 for all fully electric vehicles.

• Advertisement

Yay new update. 2021.4.18

Installed, minor fixes.

2019 maps grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Yay new update. 2021.4.18

Installed, minor fixes.

2019 maps grrrr

Haven't seen one yet , but I read this update has dogs on the fsd preview. So there's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Keggers74

You might be better off with the old maps. A lot of the street names show up in Irish now. Or in both Irish and English but with the Irish first.

Keggers74 wrote: »
    You might be better off with the old maps. A lot of the street names show up in Irish now. Or in both Irish and English but with the Irish first.

just noticed today that it says (tries to say) the place names in Irish now as opposed to English.

Thats fine and all, except it's a butchers version of the Irish word spoken phonetically.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

Hi Folks

Has anyone else had this problem?

This message shows up intermittently- I assume it puts on my hazard lights as other cars flash me when it is displayed.
    It lasts for twenty seconds up-to to a minute.

I have had two software updates since it first appeared, and rebooting or having the car in deep sleeps have not resolved it.

Have booked it into the service centre as I assume there is either a loose connection somewhere or a faulty unit

mouthful wrote: »
    Hi Folks

Has anyone else had this problem?

Nope not seen that before, I'd say unrelated to the updates.

Did a fairly big drive today and auto steer was randomly cutting out at various times throughout the day, and then remained unavailable before becoming available again…. On and off all bloody day…

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Did a fairly big drive today and auto steer was randomly cutting out at various times throughout the day, and then remained unavailable before becoming available again…. On and off all bloody day…

Also noticed this.

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Also noticed this.

Wasn't due to sudden changes in weather or anything...

going along the M6 in fairly bright weather, then suddenly it crapped out, and I couldn't use it for about 5-10 minutes, then suddenly it'd work again, only to crap out again 20 minutes later....

drove 512 km's yesterday and it was on and off all day, on all road types.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Did a drive test a couple of days back and I must say I wasn't blown away. Maybe because I drive an electric already and kinda know what to expect and probably because I watched all the videos on the wild about the Model3. I didn't manage to get the most comfortable driving position and because I was mostly on the motorway didn't get to adjust it properly. I was with my daughter in the car who pressed play on the music just what I was merging on the motorway. Unfortunately the previous drivers found it funny to leave the volume at max which made my heart to skip a beat so maybe when you drive test remember to check this before let anyone in the car to play.
    The autopilot was a mixed bag. Probably it is just a matter to actually RTFM but it will sometimes ask me to put my hand on even when I was with my hands on. When FSD was enabled I had the feeling that it was to much to the right in the lane. It was quite busy on M50 so didn't have the guts to let it drive on its own to much although it managed to exit motorway @ Firhouse. This made the drive a fight between me and autopilot and sometimes it disengaged without a reasonable cause.
    Before the test I was concerned abut the lack of dash behind the wheel. Kinda forgot about it after 30 seconds which is a good thing. Very nice drive though I can get used with it.

Advertisement