Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

quickbeam wrote:
    How quickly do these symptoms kick in? I have to drive myself home and don't want to be feverish or swolen or sore doing so and risk having an accident.

You'll be fine for at least a few hours if you get anything.

I was fairly tired last night and still have a stiff arm around the needle site but nothing else to report tbh.

quickbeam wrote: »
    How quickly do these symptoms kick in? I have to drive myself home and don't want to be feverish or swolen or sore doing so and risk having an accident.

I drove myself home from my first Pfizer jab. Had it done in the afternoon and only noticed a sore arm when I woke next morning. That was gone within another 24 hours and no other symptoms.

Getting my second dose next Saturday. 3 weeks from the first. It feels good to be nearly done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Feeling ok after the 2nd dose - a bit heady and tired but taking two paracetamol and drinking lots of water seems to have eased any nastier symptoms, also moving the arm has helped there it's a little sore. I felt worse after the 1st dose but still not too bad!

Two days later for me, and I wouldn't call them symptoms, I just felt very tired.

Actually I was really tired for a few days afterwards and was in bed and asleep by 9:30. But I put that down to being flat out deep cleaning a house every afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Actually I was really tired for a few days afterwards and was in bed and asleep by 9:30. But I put that down to being flat out deep cleaning a house every afternoon.

Deep clean of the house is on my agenda this week! 2nd shot yesterday and have a sore arm and not much else - wee bit tired but that could be just that it was a busy week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

God, I'm so jealous of ye all getting your first and second jabs. Makes me almost wish I had an underlying condition so I could join in on the fun

God, I'm so jealous of ye all getting your first and second jabs. Makes me almost wish I had an underlying condition so I could join in on the fun

I got mine cos of my job :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I've actually no idea why I was offered it, but I'll take what's offered.

I was put on a standby list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'd say 5/6 hours after the injection I started to get a fever. Absolutely fine to drive home frkm the Sse arena. Took me about 24 hours to kick it then.

Approx 14 hours since, and am absolutely fine. I hope I haven't spoken too soon and something kicks in during the day.

Marvelleous job done at the vaccination centre too. In and out very quickly. Sterling job by all staff and volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Approx 14 hours since, and am absolutely fine. I hope I haven't spoken too soon and something kicks in during the day.

Marvelleous job done at the vaccination centre too. In and out very quickly. Sterling job by all staff and volunteers.

Excellent, I've my second dose Tuesday from the GP, I've been told to preempt with paracetamol :pac: My bigger worry is the arm. It was fierce stiff / sore the first time and I need to be able to lift it up on Wednesday. I've two useless arms these days but they cooperate enough for that ;) Roll on 9 days time though when I can count as a fully vaccinated household and start doing more 'fun' stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,241 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I've actually no idea why I was offered it, but I'll take what's offered.

I'd take any jab they offered. Even in the ball sack at this stage.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,781 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I'd take any jab they offered. Even in the ball sack at this stage.
    A jab in the ball sack, you say?

TK6WLVWRK5D37GEGAKES2AO2ZM.jpg

A jab in the ball sack, you say?

TK6WLVWRK5D37GEGAKES2AO2ZM.jpg

Hey, some peeps could be into that :D

I definintely didn't get it in my ball sack anyway.

I definintely didn't get it in my ball sack anyway.

:pac: glad it doesn't go there given I don't have one ;)

Im loving this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,832 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Im loving this weather.

Glorious golf weather :D Back out again tomorrow if it stays like this

• Advertisement

It is such "I'm going on holidays feel" driving weather :D I wished for it Friday but it was being a slow ar$shole about turning up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,832 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The traffic on the m1 exits to the beach was insane, I was just laughing driving past them all :D

Night 2 and Day 2 of vaccine a lot less pleasant than Night 1 and Day 1 :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I've actually been really tired today and yesterday. Took a half day from work and just crashed on the couch for two hours today :(

Right, I'm off to count the paracetamol supply in advance of tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,543 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Oh dear ! After no1 I got home at 12.30 , in bed by 6.0pm and slept till 5am but generally felt fine , if exhausted. Getting worried about jab 2 now. :(

This was just my first jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,543 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

This was just my first jab.

Oh the first on didn't take much out of me save the total exhaustion for 24 hrs.
    Though I have to say that was the ist time in years I was asleep that early

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I was wiped out tired the day after 1st jab. 2nd dose was fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The whole being wiped out thing sounds crap, and I'm glad I didn't suffer that. But on the plus side, you just need to remind yourself that it's a lot quicker and better than the alternative. :)

Advertisement