Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Just picked up a pair of React Infinity Flyknit 2s for €79.20c delivered on Lifestyle Sports there, a great deal for a shoe that's still going for €159 on Nike.

Using the original Infinity Runs for easy runs and they do the job. Clocked over 600km on them and they are still in great condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

sk8board wrote: »
    How many miles are you folks putting on Adidas Boston’s?

I’m 67kg and have 450m/725km on a pair of Boston 8. Smoothened outer but no serious wear. I use them for fast intervals usually. Got them in Sept for €88.
    starting to feel harder in the forefoot than I remember (but it might be psychological cause I’ve also got a pair of Nike Tempos, which is the polar opposite, hence the question).

I put just over 1,000km in my Boston 8's before changing them. I'd be similar weight to yourself.

After a detour via Nike, I've just started wearing Boston 9's and would be hopeful they could churn out the same mileage again. Apart from the upper, the 9 seems pretty close to the 8, so the boost/lightstrike combo seems capable of racking up the mileage.

Conversely, I've about 550km done in my Adiós 4s and considering a change given they're more lightweight than the Bostons. Bit reluctant to go to the Adiós 5s though as it looks like they've gone overboard with the lightstrike, which just feels dead to me compared to boost. Shame, as I absolutely adore the Adiós 4 - just a cracking shoe for everything from shorter tempos right up to marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Anyone with experience of ASICS GEL-NOOSA TRI 12 MEN'S RUNNING SHOE? Looking for something suitable for 5-10 miles in comfort.

rizzee wrote: »
    Just picked up a pair of React Infinity Flyknit 2s for €79.20c delivered on Lifestyle Sports there, a great deal for a shoe that's still going for €159 on Nike.

Using the original Infinity Runs for easy runs and they do the job. Clocked over 600km on them and they are still in great condition.

They are showing up as €88 for me any idea how to get the lower price?

They are showing up as €88 for me any idea how to get the lower price?

I used a Vodafone discount code for an additional 10% off : VF-Z79PT2S6DX

I'm not sure if it's multi use but you're welcome to try it.

Edit - went on the Lifestyle Sports site and tried with another product, it specifically says that the code was used already, sorry.

Edit 2 - I was able to redeem another code, sent you a PM

• Advertisement

rizzee wrote: »
    I used a Vodafone discount code for an additional 10% off : VF-Z79PT2S6DX

I'm not sure if it's multi use but you're welcome to try it.

Edit - went on the Lifestyle Sports site and tried with another product, it specifically says that the code was used already, sorry.

Edit 2 - I was able to redeem another code, sent you a PM

Thank you, really appreciate it.

Second pair of runners ordered today!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Anyone ordered from the Nike site since Brexit? Is there additional duty or taxes on delivery? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Anyone ordered from the Nike site since Brexit? Is there additional duty or taxes on delivery? Thanks

No duty or taxes. I think they route from Germany via the UK. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

No duty or taxes. I think they route from Germany via the UK. :)

Anything I've ordered has come directly from either Germany or Holland

Thank you, really appreciate it.

Second pair of runners ordered today!

And just over 15 hours after ordering they arrived.

Lifestyle Sports really do have an incredible delivery system a model for anyone looking to set one up.

• Advertisement

And just over 15 hours after ordering they arrived.

Lifestyle Sports really do have an incredible delivery system a model for anyone looking to set one up.

Wow - that's very good!! I got the dispatch email yesterday a few hours after putting the order through with an ETA for today. Top service indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭sk8board

sk8board wrote: »
    I forgot top4running too - I got Nike tempos there recently for €160

I returned the Nike tempos over the weekend, about 100km in - the black rubber sole started to split across the shoe in that flex point behind the airpods.
    Looking online (and the Nike.com site reviews) it seems to be a well known flaw.
    Leaving that aside, I wouldn’t get another pair. Too heavy for such an expensive shoe (300g+ in uk10.5), a very unnatural feel, and they have a narrow field of use.
    Also the blisters were epic, something I haven’t had in any shoes for years, on Heels, toes, and even the shoes upper flyknit made a hole in the top of my foot on the first few runs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Finally went for my maiden run in the Pegasus 37 yesterday.

I'm always a version or two behind as I only ever get them on the late autumn Nike sale.

Haven't heard one even remotely positive review of them anywhere so expectations were low as I headed off for a mid paced 10K.

First impression was it felt like there was a bit more shoe (and definitely more sole) than previous versions but I settled into the run no bother at all and overall found it exceeded my expectations.

Unless something goes amiss on subsequent outings it seems like a perfectly fine regular workhorse shoe and a borderline bargain for the €59 I paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Hey all, long shot but wondering if anyone in here has any experience with Saucony Triumphs? I have previously owned the ISO 5, and now currently own the 18. I noticed the ISO 5 is a half or near full size smaller than the 18 (got the UK 8 in both). I'm looking to buy a 17 online to try out, and wondering if anyone know's how it compares in sizes to these two? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

I bought a pair of triumphs about a year ago. Always wear an 8 and they were fine for me size was.
    Wasn’t too much of a fan of them, quite heavy and the plastic on the sole was quite annoying for me when I was running. But I am a fussy bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

30% off Nike today for members (free to be a member...you also get free shipping) - use the code SUMMER21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    30% off Nike today for members (free to be a member...you also get free shipping) - use the code SUMMER21

I bought in the last 20% sale.

How often do the sales, esp 30%. Come around?

BKWDR wrote: »
    I bought in the last 20% sale.

How often do the sales, esp 30%. Come around?

Every 2 - 3 months for a 20% anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cblanc

Where are most of ye buying shoes? Trying not to use Amazon. I'm finding it near impossible get a response from Amphibian King.

I used Alltricks twice : https://www.alltricks.com/C-41372-men-running-shoes
    No problem with delivery (my experience)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ross Runner

https://youtu.be/OsyJYsVhqVw

New Asics Cumulus 23 if anyone is interested......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Would like to be wearing these next...

E2IXJOTUYAASBwA?format=jpg&name=large

These are the ASICS entry into the super spike market. Prototypes worn by Mohamed Katir last night winning the 5000m at the Gateshead Diamond League. Really bad conditions for yesterday's race, so 13:08 is very impressive. He also wore these running a 1500m pb earlier this month.

Similar to the NB MD-X, the spikes look like they're fixed (and very small) needles rather than the traditional screw-in spikes. Would love to see either MD-X or these ASICS ones on the open market this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Sacksian wrote: »
    Would like to be wearing these next...

E2IXJOTUYAASBwA?format=jpg&name=large

These are the ASICS entry into the super spike market. Prototypes worn by Mohamed Katir last night winning the 5000m at the Gateshead Diamond League. Really bad conditions for yesterday's race, so 13:08 is very impressive. He also wore these running a 1500m pb earlier this month.

Similar to the NB MD-X, the spikes look like they're fixed (and very small) needles rather than the traditional screw-in spikes. Would love to see either MD-X or these ASICS ones on the open market this year.

Interesting all right, they have about 7 athletes using currently, haven't seen a firm general release date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I run in these, on the grass obviously :p They're absolutely fab. But I don't run much, up to 10k, and I only run because gym is closed :mad:

I've gone through good few pages of this thread and now I'm itching to get myself a pair of runners because I run faster wearing cushioned shoes, but all I've got now is cross-trainers only :D

mK8pFVY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

my-eyes-the-goggles-do-nothing.jpg

Taken from Amazon Bargains Thread, may be of use to someone here, I've taken a chance anyway:

"Looks a good price for 6 pairs of well reviewed running socks. I've taken a chance on them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089YB1P5P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_MBZ1APCXAYVNECJKJPY8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

£6.24 for us after adding code 8V3GEWYF "

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

Endorphin Pro 2s up on their UK site now (online videos seem to say same as the old one so might be just a good option to pick up first gen model for a bit cheaper if you can find them)

https://www.saucony.com/UK/en_GB/endorphin-pro/#start=0&sz=48

Endorphin Pro 2s up on their UK site now (online videos seem to say same as the old one so might be just a good option to pick up first gen model for a bit cheaper if you can find them)

https://www.saucony.com/UK/en_GB/endorphin-pro/#start=0&sz=48

I got the Pro ‘1’ for €183 delivered from 365rider, in a light blue - all sizes available:
    https://www.365rider.com/en/mixed-and-light-sneakers/9727-saucony-endorphin-pro-running-shoes-blue-green-ss21.html?ssa_query=Endorphin%20pro

Has anyone actually used startfitness since brexit - and are they more expensive/about the same, when you drop the taxes at the checkout and pay the duty on this end?
    Their EXTRA10 discount seems to be always available, so I’m wondering if they’re still worth a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭CJay1

Can anyone recommend a summer trail runner. Suitable for a small bit of road running too. I have a pair of mizuno gtx that are great, but they are a bit heavy and get hot.

I was looking at the New Balance Hierro v6. Anyone had any experience? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Degsy123

Hi all, quick question - how long does it take for runners to get delivered from 365Rider?

Thanks

Advertisement