Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭zg3409

smackyB wrote: »
    Tried ordering a 4a two weeks ago from the Vodafone website. No email confirmation received, no shipping updates sent. Had to get in touch with support who said the order had gone wrong and was cancelled (not that they were going to be proactive and tell me).

Still awaiting the €350 to be returned to my account. Their website is a mess, you can't even order a case and the phone in the same checkout flow. Won't go near them again no matter how low they sell it for.

Same happened to me by trying this offer...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,132 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

rizzee wrote: »
    Cheers! Good spot on the Google cases. Pity there aren't others for the 4A available on that site. I think that's the lowest price you'll see the cases until the Pixel 6 is out.
    Pixel 6 inbound? :)

€22.50 for the black and grey cases direct from Google - https://store.google.com/product/pixel_4a_fabric_case

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pixel 6 inbound? :)

€22.50 for the black and grey cases direct from Google - https://store.google.com/product/pixel_4a_fabric_case

Looks like the phone itself is €80 off on there at the mo too (€309).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

All the pixel 4As from vodafone are unlocked right?

wingnut wrote: »
    All the pixel 4As from vodafone are unlocked right?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Warbeastrior

Any word of a 4a XL?

Any word of a 4a XL?

It'll never happen Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 pro coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

4a 5g would be closest thing to an XL.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Warbeastrior

Im just looking for a slightly bigger screen.

Im just looking for a slightly bigger screen.

4a 5g is pretty much the same phone as 4a but with 6.2 inch screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭soap1978

4a 5g is pretty much the same phone as 4a but with 6.2 inch screen

There has to more to it,big difference in money?

soap1978 wrote: »
    There has to more to it,big difference in money?

Bigger screen, better processor, ultra wide camera, bigger battery, and 5G.

Bigger screen, better processor, ultra wide camera, bigger battery, and 5G.

Is it worth the difference in money,wife needs a good camera,uses the phone mainly for pics

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Those 4a cases on the Google store are all half price. Around 22.50. Are they worth it at that price?

Is it worth the difference in money,wife needs a good camera,uses the phone mainly for pics

It also gets updates from Google a year longer than the 4a

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Those 4a cases on the Google store are all half price. Around 22.50. Are they worth it at that price?

The only thing I hate about them is the exposed bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

Missus cracked her screen already!
    Anyone know the best place to buy a new screen?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from Bargain Alerts to Android forum. More suitable here now as no longer discussing the bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

honda boi wrote: »
    Missus cracked her screen already!
    Anyone know the best place to buy a new screen?

I would say aliexpress or ebay but(there is always but) it is around 100USD and any custom fees if unlucky - so you will be paying for the screen almost the same money you paid for the phone(if bought for €179) and replacing it won't be easy or you will have to pay extra. I see around €150-180 for screen and service in Ireland - plus postage.

Was one the same boat(with 3a) - first she dropped it into the sea then my daughter dropped it(no screen protector as removed when covered in water) and screen cracked(already with ghosting from water) - lucky for me I was able to order ONE 4a.

I'm intrigued now to know what you mainly use the phone for.....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Pixel 4a 5G is now €329.99 on Vodafone (Unlocked)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ohhh....that is tempting!

I'm intrigued now to know what you mainly use the phone for.....:pac:

Unfortunately for pics of family

Hmm, is this worth the pain of the Vodafone website

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I bought the 3A from Vodafone when it was cheap and then my work upgrade was due so I got the 4A 5G. Loving it, feels nice in the hand and the ultrawide is a nice addition to have. I'd find it difficult not having an ultrawide now as it gets a lot of use around my 4 year old.

Dammit couldn't resist bought the 4a 5g on Vodafone

I bought the 3A from Vodafone when it was cheap and then my work upgrade was due so I got the 4A 5G. Loving it, feels nice in the hand and the ultrawide is a nice addition to have. I'd find it difficult not having an ultrawide now as it gets a lot of use around my 4 year old.

Is it much of an upgrade over the 3A?

Raoul wrote: »

A huge upgrade, the pixel 3a is only 5.6 inch, the 4a 5g is 6.2 inch

"Compare Google Pixel 3a vs. Google Pixel 4a 5G - GSMArena.com" https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?&idPhone2=10385&idPhone1=9408

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Raoul wrote: »

I find it excellent. The 3A is a good phone but I find the larger screen super and really appreciate having the wide angle lens. It also feels a little snappier in day to day use. Plus having double the onboard storage is useful.

• Advertisement

I find it excellent. The 3A is a good phone but I find the larger screen super and really appreciate having the wide angle lens. It also feels a little snappier in day to day use. Plus having double the onboard storage is useful.

Still with the upgrade even if I don't have a 5g plan?

Advertisement