Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Terrible week of food and drink. Went to the gym 4 times and also ran a total pf 38km but couldnt offset the damage.

01 May: 88.2kg /194.4lbs
    02 May: 87.4kg/192.7lbs
    18 May: 86.6kg/190.9lbs
    25 May: +0.7kg/ 1.54lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Jude13 wrote: »
    Terrible week of food and drink. Went to the gym 4 times and also ran a total pf 38km but couldnt offset the damage.

At least you know where the damage was done Jude, is half the battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

If 1.5lbs is all you’ve gone up in a really bad week then happy days. I’d be delighted with that some weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Day 1 (take 1,462): just after inhaling my dinner, I was starved after my work out this evening. Weigh in will be Thursday, as is tradition. It's not going to be pretty but have to start somewhere (again) :)

I think we can all relate to this...I'm constantly starting again...I've to do my shopping later, must try and get some new things for lunches...I feel like I'm permanently eating cheese on crackers

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I think we can all relate to this...I'm constantly starting again...I've to do my shopping later, must try and get some new things for lunches...I feel like I'm permanently eating cheese on crackers

I have pretty much the same things for lunch and breakfast in work every day. I don’t mind eating the same things during the week because I find it helps with my routine to the point where I don’t even log cals anymore. Weekends are where I cut loose and enjoy my food a bit more

• Advertisement

Day 2: I almost talked myself out of doing a work out this evening :o I promised myself a triangle of toblerone if I managed even 40 minutes, forgetting that my OH and I finished it off at the weekend :o I'll have a hot chocolate instead seeing as it's still Rudolph day :)

Got up super early to make the OH eggs benedict, and myself of course, 150 grams of butter in the sauce....

Going to try and go to the gym for lunch. WFH this morning waiting for a tradesman to fix the gate/fence, I have looked in the fridge three times already thinking about eating it all.

L'prof wrote: »
    Month 1: -2.6lbs
    Month 2: -2.8lbs
    Week 9: -1.8lbs
    Week 10: +2.8lbs
    Week 11: -4.2lbs
    Week 12: +0.4lbs

Somewhat surprised to be posting a loss this week. Had a big piss up on Sat night into the very early hours. I never got around to that Chinese on Sunday though. Had a steak sambo instead :p If there’s any freshly made bread in work this morning I’m devouring it :pac:

Week 13: -1.2lbs

Piss up and down weight......you're a witch!!!

Smashed it in the gym, ran a few 10k's but can't offset the pinting again. Broken record.

01 Jun: +0.0kg/0.0lbs*

This may look like a steady week but to make up for a bad week I went very low on cals the last two days, went to the gym hard both days and ran two consecutive 10k's just so the scales wouldn't freak me out. In short I will bounce back up as its mainly water weight.

• Advertisement

Well done Jude. Whatever way you’ve arrived at it, it’s still not a bad week for ya

On the other hand I have a bad week incoming. Sneak peek yesterday was bad, peek today was worse :p

I chickened out and didn't weigh myself last week :o
    The plan is going well though, I could do with being slightly more active throughout the day. I'm also thinking I need to start using my fitness pal again, I hate counting calories but I know being realistic, it does work. Once I get into the routine of it again I'll be happy out.
    Trying to keep my snacking under control by keeping salt & vinegar rice cakes in the house, it's working so far :)

I have been using my fitness pal the last few days, it does make a difference as to what I put in my gob. I am also back to weighing myself every day which I found really helpful when I lost the 13 kg last year.

The weekends are a toughie with people visiting now. Most I havent seen in a while and then we have play dates at the pool, a long neck cold cider is just so nice.

L'prof wrote: »
    Week 13: -1.2lbs

Another bad week. Ah well. Goosed my back this weekend so I wasn’t able for much, not that I had planned any exercise or anything. Spent most of the weekend sitting around and eating. Back is still stiff. I was going to try and be as good as possible yesterday as I knew it hadn’t been great but when I landed home there was a KG of Nutella in the press :pac: Them’s the breaks I guess

Month 3: -4.0lbs
    Week 14: +3.2lbs

Keeping a log and being honest is a win L'prof. Not happy you reminded me that there is nuttela in the press at home.....I could repay the favour by posting a bacon jam recipe which I want to try out.

Bacon jam :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

I have had a small win today on my journey to being less of a 'fat bastid'. I have reached 140kg in weight, still well and truly huge but I am now down 47kg from my heaviest. I hope over the next 16 months to get down to 100kg. My weight loss had being over the last 18 months so it hasn't being that taxing but I will up my game my adding weight training to my regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,370 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

beerguts wrote: »
    I have had a small win today on my journey to being less of a 'fat bastid'. I have reached 140kg in weight, still well and truly huge but I am now down 47kg from my heaviest. I hope over the next 16 months to get down to 100kg. My weight loss had being over the last 18 months so it hasn't being that taxing but I will up my game my adding weight training to my regime.

Well done beerguts, very impressive weight loss :)

My weight has been fluctuating between 9 and a half stone to ten the past few months. I just feel hungry all of the time and exercise hasn't been great with work pressures.

Was terrible the last week with food but really really good and heavy with the gym. I had a few takeaways over the weekend but then got ill not a lot was staying in the body.

01 Jun: +0.0kg/0.0lbs*
    07 Jun: -0.4kg/0.88lbs

Wow, that’s incredible. You’ve lost 25% of your body weight!!! Keep up the good work
    Was terrible the last week with food but really really good and heavy with the gym. I had a few takeaways over the weekend but then got ill not a lot was staying in the body

Another loss. Things going well on the whole Jude. Hope that bug didn’t last too long. Sounds nasty

• Advertisement

I am putting it down to some type of illness (not covid) I am wrecked. I was puking on Saturday, then up that night with a bad tummy. Still tired and run down. Have a stag this weekend......

Just looking to get a good sleep tonight and eat healthyish. Can't bring myself to go to the gym at the moment.

Beerguts is a God for that amount of loss, life changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

Thanks guys for all the well wishes here is a snap of myfitnesspal numbers. I found this to be the greatest help when I started to consistently use it. Still a long way to go but I don't feel that ashamed as I once was. As you can see it isn't a consistent decrease but that is life. Hope all you guys hit your goal, I will be back at my next milestone 130kg

T Still a long way to go but I don't feel that ashamed as I once was. A

Please never feel ashamed of yourself! That is an epic loss and you should be proud of yourself - it takes a lot of guts and hard work to decide to better yourself and even more to actually stick to it! Best of luck with the next goal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭DvB

7.5 stone weight loss.... that an amazing achievement, truly amazing.
    You should be incredibly proud of that. & even if there is more to go to reach your ultimate goal, never lose sight of the fact than rather than wallow in self pity about it you went & took positive action to do something about it all by yourself, thats inspirational action right there, definitely something you can be incredibly proud of.

Stay positive & keep up the good work.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    7.5 stone weight loss.... that an amazing achievement, truly amazing

Is that what it converts to? I had already said it was incredible but seeing that converted to old money, that makes more sense to me, that’s phenomenal! Well done again, don’t be a stranger. I could do with the inspiration right now :p

Thanks be to Jaysus the gyms are back today. I’m struggling the last few weeks with the food. I really need something to help mitigate the splurges. Booked in for 8 this evening. I won’t be able to breathe getting off the bike :eek:

Averaging 6.5 mins a KM... thats not to be sniffed at at all. As Jude said, you'll be killing the 5km in no time. I reckon you'll well beat 30 minutes for the 5km too.

You were right, DvB....did an actual 5k race at the weekend with actual other real life people (not too many people though TG :rolleyes:) and I ran it in 29.38 :D:D:D So I might be slightly overweight and wobbly in spots...but this girl can run :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭DvB

You were right, DvB....did an actual 5k race at the weekend with actual other real life people (not too many people though TG :rolleyes:) and I ran it in 29.38 :D:D:D So I might be slightly overweight and wobbly in spots...but this girl can run :D:D:D

Outstanding work! Well done. Next challenge, 5k in under 28 minutes :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Outstanding work! Well done. Next challenge, 5k in under 28 minutes :D

My brother can do it in 21 minutes....he's the time to beat....although he is 8 years younger than me and built like a brick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭biddyearley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Go you CL, thumbs up emoji :)

Advertisement