Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Oh yeah, just to add that said prick may or may not be able to help you get early access to tickets to a sold out concert (at no additional cost) which in turn may be given to potential-divorcee as a Christmas present which makes you the best-husband-ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭micks_address

Between the service and shipping for the service and some straps I tried and some tools I had to get for the bracelet I wouldnt get much change out of 3,500 if any. I guess its sort of a hobby.

id also suggest if you have access to TZ forum in the uk to post a for sale there. A few people had messaged me about mine there.. they were looking for a set with cards and recent service. You might get more for it there. If you know someone north of the border to post to the uk mainland you'd maybe do better that way.. there's definitely a desire for the skyfall reference due to the change in bracelet in newer models..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

id also suggest if you have access to TZ forum in the uk to post a for sale there. A few people had messaged me about mine there.. they were looking for a set with cards and recent service. You might get more for it there. If you know someone north of the border to post to the uk mainland you'd maybe do better that way.. there's definitely a desire for the skyfall reference due to the change in bracelet in newer models..

Thank you for that suggestion but the problem with TZ is that its kind of a closed shop. They dont accept new users and even then you need to build up some history before you're allowed to sell.

Thats before all the brexit reasons why I wouldnt want to sell there. Like someone having to pay UK VAT on top of the asking price unless you do some trickery which basically translates into a lot of hassle.

Sadly UK is out for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Thank you for that suggestion but the problem with TZ is that its kind of a closed shop. They dont accept new users and even then you need to build up some history before you're allowed to sell.

Thats before all the brexit reasons why I wouldnt want to sell there. Like someone having to pay UK VAT on top of the asking price unless you do some trickery which basically translates into a lot of hassle.

Sadly UK is out for the time being.

Had you registered 6 months ago you would be selling now on there! There are lots of EU users on there. But 80 percent UK I guess.

893bet wrote: »
    Had you registered 6 months ago you would be selling now on there! There are lots of EU users on there. But 80 percent UK I guess.

I tried several times. Every time it said registration closed please contact Admin. Which I did only never heard from them. That was the end of my TZ efforts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I'm thinking of putting a couple of watches up for sale.

This is a real head over heart moment here: the Black Bay 58 I really like, but I reckon I'm more a black watch kind of guy; and the Baltic is a lovely watch but not getting any real air-time. The love for my Speedie and vintage Datejust has also conquered all recently, especially since I started putting them on various different straps. I'd still like a decent diver though - Black Bay 58 in black or vintage Tudor submariner 79090, something like that.

I'm not looking to make any money on them at all - if I can get the Black Bay to wash its face, that'd be great, and with the Baltic I'd take any sensible offer. I've boxes, tags, etc for both watches.

Whatdjisreckon?

crZmcUK.jpg

Xk2MHiA.jpg

I tried several times. Every time it said registration closed please contact Admin. Which I did only never heard from them. That was the end of my TZ efforts.

Just looked: I joined in January 2018 and have never posted. I should get active there, especially for the marketplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

I'm thinking of putting a couple of watches up for sale.

This is a real head over heart moment here: the Black Bay 58 I really like, but I reckon I'm more a black watch kind of guy; and the Baltic is a lovely watch but
    not getting any real air-time. ....]

You are dead right. Its fine to have a box of tatt sitting around, but nice watches like those its criminal to have sitting doing nothing. Liquidate the funds and roll it into something new.

BB58 is gone a little soft, so expect a small loss on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Fitz II wrote: »
    BB58 is gone a little soft, so expect a small loss on that.

Very much so which has surprised me.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I'm looking to sell or trade my Maals Jump Over the Moon

I've only worn it a few times around the house so it's perfect.
    They retail for £225 so open to offers.

Can deliver around Dublin

554272.jpg

554273.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I don't know if this would be of interest to anyone here, but thinking of selling my NTH Näcken Modern Black.

oOqCb3wl.jpg

As I mentioned on the pics thread I have 3 different versions of NTH subs and really like them all. I'm only selling in the interest of diversity! It is in very good condition, apart from the normal desk diving scuffs it is like new. These are €720 new and almost always sold out.

Would let it go for €450. Anything bellow that and I will probably hold onto if for now as its a watch I really enjoy and spent a while waiting for.

More pics here: https://imgur.com/a/q5lcyqy

Selling a few straps and stuff originally meant for Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra including one original Omega satin brushed steel clasp 94521813.

https://www.adverts.ie/other-jewellery-watches/various-19mm-watch-straps-and-original-omega-clasp-94521813/23942390

Edit: All on hold (gone)

You are dead right. Its fine to have a box of tatt sitting around, but nice watches like those its criminal to have sitting doing nothing. Liquidate the funds and roll it into something new.

Stuck it up today - will do the Baltic now. Would much prefer to do a deal on here obviously. It's always worked out well:

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/tudor-black-bay-58/23943361

crZmcUKb.jpg

And the Baltic now:

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/baltic-acquascaphe/23943439

Xk2MHiAb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Hello all, I am interested in selling my wife's Tag (she knows I'm selling it!) (Aquaracer WAF1415 with mother-of-pearl and diamond face). Box and papers included.

One currently going on Watchfinder for €1500-ish:

https://www.watchfinder.ie/Tag%20Heuer/Aquaracer/WAF1415.BA0813/16722/item/46920?langcode=en-ie

Some pics below. No marks on face, dial and bracelet have some minor scuffs from use. Only selling as my wife finds the weight too heavy to wear now.

Would consider offers over €1100. Based in Co. Kildare.

A1-DDA913-D30-A-4-BD9-8409-3-F6-C7798797-C.jpg

C3-C7-A4-E6-0358-4885-9-A80-E58646694-A6-D.jpg
    606-A743-D-1-BEA-444-C-A713-121-EE824-CAB1.jpg

DA877-F84-F366-49-B4-8324-EC9-D0-C512-D42.jpg
    EEC31841-758-D-48-CD-A313-44-D97-E1-F5695.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

This is one I didn't think I'd move on, as it is one of the first automatics I bought - 8 years ago. I just don't wear it enough (or hardly any of my watches these days), and it's a shame to have it gathering dust.

It's a Hamilton Jazzmaster Traveler GMT. I think I have the box somewhere, but it's probably fairly battered at this stage. The strap is well worn, so could do with a change.

Hard to price it, but I'll say 450. I can take more photos if anyone is interested, or in the meantime you can see the specs and some pics of the same model in this advert.

8579617681_27857a5b46_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

Hi,
    I am looking to move two watches
    First up is a Damasko DA34

[IMG][/img]51220977998_7a25552b7c_c.jpg20210602_195257 by G, on Flickr

This is from 2018 and I am the second owner. I cannot see any marks on it, this is my second Damasko and they do not mark. Crystal is clean with not marks. Strap and pin buckle are Damasko. Strap is leather and lots of life left in it. I have a rubber Damasko with Damasko pin buckle which I will also include.
    I have box and papers (including receipt).

This has the Damasko hardened case that is proprietary to Damasko. There is some other Damasko tech such as the use of Viton seals in the crown.

A robust bit of kit in an everyday wearable watch.
    I am looking for €700.

Next up is a Sinn UX SDR. This is on a Sinn tegimented bracelet and the bezel is also tegimented.

[IMG][/img]51218376333_d11132bf89_b.jpg20210601_173807 by G, on Flickr

This was originally from Dec 2011 and was serviced complete with oil change in May 2019 at Sinn. I have the dealer paperwork, service receipt from dealer(only Sinn can service these), manual, 2 full spare links and box.

Case is clean, crystal is unmarked and bezel in unmarked.

If you are interested in this watch, you will know all about it, oil filled and a certified quartz chronometer!
    Will also include a Sinn rubber/silicon strap and as Sinn non-tegimented deployment clasp. The strap has been cut and worn but I do not know to what length as I have never mounted it to the watch. I am the second owner
    I am looking for € 1,550 for the Sinn.
    Any questions let me know. Not interested in trades. Other brutal pictures are available.
    I am based on the Northside of Dublin and am only interested in face to face deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

2 lovely watches Gavin, they should be snapped up quickly I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

sparrowcar wrote: »
    2 lovely watches Gavin, they should be snapped up quickly I would imagine.

I must agree, only for I'm on a particular mission watch wise at the moment I'd probably drop you an offer for the Sinn.
    But I'm very focused on sorting funds for something and can't deviate until I either have it, or it's no longer an option.

GLWS and to anyone looking 2 seriously good pieces of Teutonic timekeeping there IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Calling Banie calling Banie

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/tudor-royal-ref-28600/24015359

Tudor Royal, very hard to get at the moment. 2020 watch full set. Looking for retail.

PXL-20210605-134618275.jpg

Tudor Royal, very hard to get at the moment. 2020 watch full set. Looking for retail.

PXL-20210605-134618275.jpg

It's lovely, but not really for me, I have my blue dial sorted for now thanks to 893 ;)
    I'm currently chatting to a lad stateside selling one of these.
    So this might be my next buy.
    f7919312eae70545f58216f7d050c3c6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭micks_address

That sinn looks class

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I'm intrigued as to how the day changes. Is it all at once or does it go "... nday satur..."

That sinn looks class

I've just found out the serial number of the Sinn is 69/150...

I have to buy the fecking thing now! :pac:
    The teenager inside me would never forgive me if I didn't at least try and make the deal ;)

and it's bought, my 1st ever "limited edition" my 2nd Sinn u2 and despite the new one lacking a GMT hand ;) the 69 will surely compensate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

So , have the chance to strike off one of my bucket bucket list next year. Have been offered tickets to the US Masters but need to book flights accommodation etc.

So, am considering moving on my IWC LPP, IW3777-14

I know it has taken me a long time to get it , but a chance to go to the masters doesn’t come up very often.

I would be looking for €3900 for it. Comes with everything that you would expect.

Will post some pics later.

PM for more info or pics.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,813 ✭✭✭✭unkel

They are a gorgeous watch, best of luck with the sale. You'll never get a chance again to visit the Valhalla of your favourite sport. Yet I've no doubt you will save up the shekels again at some point to re-buy the watch. Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

fat bloke wrote: »
    I'm intrigued as to how the day changes. Is it all at once or does it go "... nday satur..."

I couldn't resist finding out - it actually snaps the day change, very impressive!

https://youtu.be/w5i4xVvwE7Q?t=532

unkel wrote: »
    They are a gorgeous watch, best of luck with the sale. You'll never get a chance again to visit the Valhalla of your favourite sport. Yet I've no doubt you will save up the shekels again at some point to re-buy the watch. Go for it.

My thoughts exactly.. have emailed watchfinder as well

My thoughts exactly.. have emailed watchfinder as well

WF have offered me €3700 , not bad. Would need to send it to France.

Any advice of the best way to ship it?

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 19,680 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

WF have offered me €3700 , not bad. Would need to send it to France.

Any advice of the best way to ship it?

Thanks all

I'd courier it and get 3rd party insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I've used DHL the last couple of times and it's worked out well. I've not tried the 3rd party insurance though.

Advertisement