Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 Rotting Carrot

I think it's a 90s movie and this is the main part I remember in it: When walking through a shopping mall, an attractive lady deliberately walks into a man's suit with her ice cream cone pretending it's an accident, in order to get to know him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 OhDazoona

There's a film where the steam train is about to pull out of the station and we get to see the hot sand dropping from the pipe onto the track just in front of the wheels. Ever since I've looked at the sand boxes on steam engines. Anyone know what the film is called, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 wositelec

I need to know the titles.

1) The film is set in spaceship or other similar place. The leitmotive of the movie is white color. Important character is male android or other robot. He has a spacious "safe" on utensils and violet potions (they are mix of blue and red potions and they are explosives). At the end of movie, there is powerful explosion in strange room. Perhaps it's thriller or horror movie before 2005 (80's or 90's).

2) The film is set in Second World War, perhaps East Front. It's movie made in Russia probably. The woman uses false documents and boiled chicken egg, so she can uses like specific stamp. It was used in trailer of this movie.

3) The film is set Asia (before 2013), perhaps China. Group of Asians in black uniforms (like as a divers) espaces, because they are running for bad guys. One of girls jumps into the water, because she was running too quickly. Friends are helpful and pulls her from water, but she is probably dead, because the blood flows into her ears. Perhaps, main characters were spies.

4) The film is set in strange place. The plot is about kidnapper and girl. Then, the girl falls in love kidnapper. The specific scene is connected with kidnapped girl, when she wants to piss (she has a handcuffs), so criminal pulls her pants. I think that kidnapper was Asian or other nationality, somebody like Philipp Michael Tomas or Lou Diamond Phillips.

5) The film is set in 90's or 2000's. It's drama movie with interesting plot. The film is set in town with access to big lake or sea. Perhaps it's harbor town. The main character is handicapped teenager in a wheelchair with own electrical engine. She was from one-parent family. The crucial scene - heroine gives her wheelchair to a classmate. The second girl drives into the water and leaves the main character alone completely.

6) It's western movie from 60's or 70's, because I watched it over 30 years ago. White woman is adult, but young yet. She was raised by Indian tribe, but travels in different places. She meets Indian tribe, which met her parents. The crucial scene was moment, in which Indians shows her monuments with golden "faces" her parents. She is happy, because she thinks that is something like tribute for her mother and father. Unfortunately, somebody opens door above the "heads" (something like coffins) and there are skeletons - bodies of her parents. She was feared and she was captured. It was very scary story, but I don't remember the title...

7) SOLVED - Chase from Beyond (1990)
    It's fantasy / action movie from late 80's or 90's. Definitely Asian, perhaps made in China. The film is set in ancient history. Old master was killed and his female disciple has to travel into the future. It is necessary action, because she has to save the world. She travels to Hong Kong and meets the policeman, which saves her from hit by a car. She falls in love policeman and he describes her modern reality. The main female character is young woman. She has a long hair and white clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

wositelec wrote: »
    Hello. My name is Daniel. I have difficult questions connected with TV Series.

1) I'm looking for the title of the prison movie or TV series from 80's or 90's. Definitely USA movie or TV series. I remember only short and violent scene, perhaps at the end of episode. Two men are prisoners. Perhaps, they are brothers or only buddies. Their main opposite man is nefarious prison guard. The warden says to prisoner: "You are free, so you go to home", so the prisoners goes. When he goes through long corridor and he is backed, warden shot him in his back. Unfortunately, the prisoner is dead (it was sudden and lethal shot in the back). Then, prison guard says to second prisoner: "You will be suffer". I'm almost sure that it could be low-budget movie or TV Series. I remember that I saw it at least twice in my life. It was many years ago in Polish television entitled POLSAT. I'm sure that it was American movie. Perhaps it was episode "MacGyver", "Matlock" or "Renegade", but it's tough to find.

Lock Up maybe?

I think that "Lock Up" is good guess, but it hasn't "my" scene.

• Advertisement

6) It's western movie from 60's or 70's, because I watched it over 30 years ago. White woman is adult, but young yet. She was raised by Indian tribe, but travels in different places. She meets Indian tribe, which met her parents. The crucial scene was moment, in which Indians shows her monuments with golden "faces" her parents. She is happy, because she thinks that is something like tribute for her mother and father. Unfortunately, somebody opens door above the "heads" (something like coffins) and there are skeletons - bodies of her parents. She was feared and she was captured. It was very scary story, but I don't remember the title...

My familiar found it for me. It's Yellow Hair and the Fortress of Gold (1984)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

your familiar? are you a warlock?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Skerries wrote: »
    your familiar? are you a warlock?

Have a look here, a good place to find "quotes from movies :)

http://www.quodb.com/search/are%20you%20a%20warlock

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

This is a gory one. I was a child, and we had switched on the tv late at night to watch a movie and a particularly gruesome scene of this movie was happening per chance. I spent the next couple of years suffering nightmares over it.

I was only 9 or 10 so one clue is that it was already out and showing on channels like channel 4 by circa 1999.

The scene is one of basic torture. About 3 men standing around a victim. I think they're standing in a white tiled room like some old bathroom, although there is just a sink maybe as far as I remember. The victim has his hands tied behind his back and has a towel (i think a blue and white one) stuffed in his mouth. One of the men takes a pair of garden secateurs/pruners and cuts one of the victims fingers off. The gruesome bit isn't shown, the scene cuts to the victims face biting down on the towel and then we see just a finger fall on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I couldn’t find another thread suited to the question and since this one has the boffins I thought it would be the best place to ask.

When John Wayne gets of the train at the start of The Quiet Man he gets his luggage and takes something out of his pocket, thanks someone in the carriage and puts it back in his pocket.

Does anyone know what it is? The priest narration at that moment mentions fishing and I used to think the other passenger had given him something like bait - assuming as others do that he is interested in fishing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭head82

When John Wayne gets of the train at the start of The Quiet Man he gets his luggage and takes something out of his pocket, thanks someone in the carriage and puts it back in his pocket.

Does anyone know what it is?

It's an apple.

head82 wrote: »
    It's an apple.

I thought that a few years back (it is a regular Paddy’s Day watch for me but not every year) but then another year I took notice of it again and the way it goes into his pocket made me think it couldn’t be an apple.

If I’m noticing things like this maybe I’m watching a movie too much :)

Anyway cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Thanatosgratus

4) The film is set in strange place. The plot is about kidnapper and girl. Then, the girl falls in love kidnapper. The specific scene is connected with kidnapped girl, when she wants to piss (she has a handcuffs), so criminal pulls her pants. I think that kidnapper was Asian or other nationality, somebody like Philipp Michael Tomas or Lou Diamond Phillips.

I found. It's The Big Hit (1998).
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120609/

I'm looking for only these movies:
    I need to know the titles.

1) The film is set in spaceship or other similar place. The leitmotive of the movie is white color. Important character is male android or other robot. He has a spacious "safe" on utensils and violet potions (they are mix of blue and red potions and they are explosives). At the end of movie, there is powerful explosion in strange room. Perhaps it's thriller or horror movie before 2005 (80's or 90's).

2) The film is set in Second World War, perhaps East Front. It's movie made in Russia probably. The woman uses false documents and boiled chicken egg, so she can uses like specific stamp. It was used in trailer of this movie.

3) The film is set Asia (before 2013), perhaps China. Group of Asians in black uniforms (like as a divers) espaces, because they are running for bad guys. One of girls jumps into the water, because she was running too quickly. Friends are helpful and pulls her from water, but she is probably dead, because the blood flows into her ears. Perhaps, main characters were spies.

5) The film is set in 90's or 2000's. It's drama movie with interesting plot. The film is set in town with access to big lake or sea. Perhaps it's harbor town. The main character is handicapped teenager in a wheelchair with own electrical engine. She was from one-parent family. The crucial scene - heroine gives her wheelchair to a classmate. The second girl drives into the water and leaves the main character alone completely.

and these:
    A) I'm looking for the title of the prison movie or TV series from 80's or 90's. Definitely USA movie or TV series. I remember only short and violent scene, perhaps at the end of episode. Two men are prisoners. Perhaps, they are brothers or only buddies. Their main opposite man is nefarious prison guard. The warden says to prisoner: "You are free, so you go to home", so the prisoners goes. When he goes through long corridor and he is backed, warden shot him in his back. Unfortunately, the prisoner is dead (it was sudden and lethal shot in the back). Then, prison guard says to second prisoner: "You will be suffer". I'm almost sure that it could be low-budget movie or TV Series. I remember that I saw it at least twice in my life. It was many years ago in Polish television entitled POLSAT. I'm sure that it was American movie. Perhaps it was episode "MacGyver", "Matlock" or "Renegade", but it's tough to find.

B) I'm pretty sure that it's episode of "Hercules" TV series or movie connected with Hercules. I remember that Kevin Sorbo and other guy (he is a king, but he has not a crown) are stopped by group of warriors. The king is captured and shouts: "I'm your king, morons!". Hercules laughs of him. Then, Hercules (played by Kevin Sorbo) says to him: "It's strange that they don't recognise you if you don't have a crown"

C) It was episode of unknown TV series, perhaps "Are You Afraid of the Dark?", probably from 90's. I'm almost sure that it's TV series from 90's. I remember only ending scene: the black panther goes through the forest in dark night. Long-haired man is scared, but when wild cat is very near him, the man shouts: "Forgive me Father for I have sinned!" (several times). The black panther stops. The lector says: "The most important is humility!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

What is it? A boiled egg he got from another passenger and he is saying thanks for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Is there a dystopian film called 1990? , just saw a reference to it a while back but as you can imagine, no fun looking up a film with a year as the title. it would be a ~70's film guessing, possibly a smaller English film

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

In a dystopian future, Britain is under the grip of the Home Office's Public Control Department (PCD), a tyrannically oppressive bureaucracy riding roughshod over the population's civil liberties.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

RichT wrote: »

perfect thanks

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

A lower budget movie where a man escapes torture about to done to him in a building. While he escapes, a client who pays to inflict torture on captors mistakes the escaped victim as one of the staff running the torture house and asks for advice if he should cut his female victim up or shoot her fast. The escapee recommends fast, which the torturer rejects saying "Nah fu*k that!" or something and goes in to hurt the woman. A struggle happens between them and the torturer is killed by the protagonist with the gun he was brandishing.

The male victim does make it outside at some point in the daytime and is in the streets.

I could be remembering this completely wrong but I think the male lead was part mexican or had a Michael Peña look to him. The male torturer was a white guy, possibly skinhead or bald. Can't remember what any of the other cast are like. Movie had an indie vibe to it like Dread (2009) but I remember it being kinda good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,491 ✭✭✭brevity

Sounds like Hostel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

That's it! I actually came across that one while looking at lists of torture movies (rip search history) but I disregarded it because it looked too well funded... so I guess my memory of it was a bit off. Just had a look at some screenshots and that's definitely it. I got the male lead's look correct as well as the near bald bad guy with a gun. Cheers :)

My familiar looks for a movie.

It's comedy film (perhaps black comedy) from 80's or 90's. Main character is a guy, which meets a new girl. He says that he is alone since many years, but his last woman was a slim ballerina. After wedding, a ballerina could not stop eat a lot of food. Then, she was very fat and main character had to transport her using a car with a crane. Once, during such a trip, he unfortunately stopped at a crossroad, blocked by a car in front. Then, there were a car accident - clash with a truck. He was completely powerless, he could do nothing. Being a witness tragic death of his wife was a traumatic experience for him.

I'm looking for old SF movie from the 1950s or 1960s. A group of astronauts or researchers travels to Mars or similar planet. Strange things started to happen, and an invisible force was present. At the end i remember someone said that it was their alter ego that was causing all the problems. What could the title be?

It isn't "Forbidden Planet". If you know my movie or similar titles - let me know, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Thanatosgratus

I'm looking for old SF movie from the 1950s or 1960s. A group of astronauts or researchers travels to Mars or similar planet. Strange things started to happen, and an invisible force was present. At the end i remember someone said that it was their alter ego that was causing all the problems. What could the title be?

It isn't "Forbidden Planet". If you know my movie or similar titles - let me know, please.

100% sounds like Forbidden Planet though, around 2:17 ring any bells

I was Googling something earlier which lead from thing to another and another to reading about reptiles which somehow lead to remembering a line from a movie

“ I speak many tongues ... forked is only one of them”

It might be “she speaks...” and I’m sure it is a movie and from television.

I’ve googled this phrase but get nothing film related.

Does anyone know this line? And what it is from?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,876 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I was Googling something earlier which lead from thing to another and another to reading about reptiles which somehow lead to remembering a line from a movie

“ I speak many tongues ... forked is only one of them”

It might be “she speaks...” and I’m sure it is a movie and from television.

I’ve googled this phrase but get nothing film related.

Does anyone know this line? And what it is from?

Might be this TV show rather than a movie - The Young Riders. Episode; "A good day to die"

The line in there was; "My mother taught me many tongues, forked is only one of them."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Trying to find the name of this movie driving me crazy all I saw was the trailer but anyway.

Recent enough, American, comedy. 3 kids, kind of gross out inappropriate comedy. Think in the trailer they find a vibrator in one of their parents rooms an don't know what it is. Sorry not a lot to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,876 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rizzla wrote: »
    Trying to find the name of this movie driving me crazy all I saw was the trailer but anyway.

Recent enough, American, comedy. 3 kids, kind of gross out inappropriate comedy. Think in the trailer they find a vibrator in one of their parents rooms an don't know what it is. Sorry not a lot to go on.

Guessing it's "Good Boys"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Guessing it's "Good Boys"?

Yep, thanks!

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Might be this TV show rather than a movie - The Young Riders. Episode; "A good day to die"

The line in there was; "My mother taught me many tongues, forked is only one of them."

That is the one. Good man yourself.

How did you find it? Or did you just know it?

Advertisement