Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingston Road condition

Options
  • 29-06-2020 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice a deterioration in the state of Kingston Road recently? As you turn right from Bishop O'D Road you are greeted by two bumps/potholes with no way of avoiding them. (F...... hell). The section along Joyce's is esp bad. It reminded me of the state of the N59 out to Clifden at one time.

Comments

Can't say I noticed any issues when I drove that exact route yesterday.
    Drive it a few times a week, so will be more vigilant

Right, traveled this route again last night. Didnt notice anything at all.
    Any pics OP?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Is there a cycle lane on this road?

no

They should put a cycle lane there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

give it a rest WIG, de railing topic for OP and just trolling as a result of the other thread getting closed.

Laviski wrote: »
    give it a rest WIG, de railing topic for OP and just trolling as a result of the other thread getting closed.

attack the post not the poster, I am engaging on the condition of Kingston road which this thread is about

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Drop it please.
    This thread is about surface problems on the road, not cycle lanes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

That side of Galway has some very bad roads.
    Dr Mannix Rd is a patchwork job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭bobbyss

No pictures I am afraid. Two annoying bumps as you turn into K Road and very uneven and patchy surface aroud Joyces. That is all. I supposre a smooth road is out of the question these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Hit both these potholes recently
    Ow!

You cannot avoid them, as it is a very narrow lane

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

A lot of the roads around galway city are in a bad state .
    Bohermore is in a shocking state .
    It's up there now with ballybane road and Newcastle road from the traffic lights at bridge to Westwood lights and beyond.
    As for the coast road out to Oranmore from roscam .... Why do we pay motor tax? ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Why do we pay motor tax? ..

Its due to the co2 emmsions from your car...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Keep it Kingston Road

Those two noticeable potholes are still there near the junction..a year later

zell12 wrote: »

Spray a brightly colored circle around them, like the council are doing around dog poos in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭bobbyss

zell12 wrote:

Yep. On them today. They're not big things at all except you can not avoid them once you make that turn. I use that road as opposed to WDR because of all those speed ramps.
    Also re Kingston Rd. Coming to the lights to turn left onto BO'D Road, waiting as cars from BO'D road have green to go left down T Hill or straight or right, yet no filter from Kingston R to turn left. Waiting. A little tweak is all that's needed. All these little things matter.
    Also re K Road. The hold ups as cars wait to overtake cyclists! Has anyone any solutions to make that situation safer for all parties?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

bobbyss wrote: »
    Yep. On them today. They're not big things at all except you can not avoid them once you make that turn. I use that road as opposed to WDR because of all those speed ramps.
    Also re Kingston Rd. Coming to the lights to turn left onto BO'D Road, waiting as cars from BO'D road have green to go left down T Hill or straight or right, yet no filter from Kingston R to turn left. Waiting. A little tweak is all that's needed. All these little things matter.
    Also re K Road. The hold ups as cars wait to overtake cyclists! Has anyone any solutions to make that situation safer for all parties?

Careful now, you might provoke a person to start camping with their camera at the speed sign again 🀣

18 months later, that Kingston section has been resurfaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

• Advertisement
Advertisement