Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

My guess is that it's mostly age based, ie they take say the Aviva and assign a big chunk of people there starting at the oldest and working to the youngest. That process can be tweaked a little to target geographic areas or force people to a centre a little further away to clear backlogs.

but

they fill in cancellations with random selection from anyone registered.
    So every so often some lucky youngling gets an appointment well ahead of the curve.

For most people registering early makes no difference but there's a lucky few who win the lotto.

I guess we just don’t know. I have the feeling sometimes on this board that people really want to believe it is an age based system and therefore assume that it is. I suspect it is more random. The majority of people are registering as they are supposed to - so this means that most people will be called in an age based way. But my suspicion is that if you register early, you will be called earlier. This tallies with what I have seen in my circle of friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

It's MVC based I reckon. My local one is doing well, my brother got a text 2 days after registering a little while ago and so did I on Monday. I'm 35 and getting 1st dose Pfizer today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭airy fairy

I think it's a total lottery.
    Husband in Cork, day 32 waiting on appointment for 2nd Pfizer, age 49, City Hall. I know 2 who got 1st jab after him, are younger than him and have 2nd jabs today and tomorrow. Living in same area.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭greenheep

One family member has an appointment for Friday morning for second dose vaccine but they didn’t receive any text (yet). Lucky I suggested to check the portal or else it might be missed.

Another family member had a appointment for Aviva for fist dose tomorrow, a text was received. They just decided to check the portal and it was cancelled (no cancellation text received). Rang the helpline and the just gave some excuse about things having to be moved around, no reason why a text wasn’t received. It’s very inconvenient as the person had made arrangements for tomorrow and it’s short notice now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Olympus1

39 year old
    Registered 19/6
    Appointment Text today 23/6
    Vaccine date 27/6
    Killarney

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

greenheep wrote: »
    One family member has an appointment for Friday morning for second dose vaccine but they didn’t receive any text (yet). Lucky I suggested to check the portal or else it might be missed.

Another family member had a appointment for Aviva for fist dose tomorrow, a text was received. They just decided to check the portal and it was cancelled (no cancellation text received). Rang the helpline and the just gave some excuse about things having to be moved around, no reason why a text wasn’t received. It’s very inconvenient as the person had made arrangements for tomorrow and it’s short notice now.

I would just show up at the Aviva armed with the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭greenheep

spockety wrote: »
    I would just show up at the Aviva armed with the text.

But then it won’t be accurate on the portal and might effect the green pass cert being issued ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

But then it won’t be accurate on the portal and might effect the green pass cert being issued ?

No, they'll still find you on the portal/system and update it as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

airy fairy wrote: »
    I think it's a total lottery.
    Husband in Cork, day 32 waiting on appointment for 2nd Pfizer, age 49, City Hall. I know 2 who got 1st jab after him, are younger than him and have 2nd jabs today and tomorrow. Living in same area.

Agree... I just got my 2nd appointment on DAY 40 for CORK

• Registered Users Posts: 42 aigne

Appointment text: 23/6
    Vaccine date: 24/6
    Vaccine: Moderna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭celt262

josip wrote: »
    Not true in my experience.
    My wife who is the same age, registered 1 day before me.
    I was a good boy and waited until the 'correct' day.
    Her appointment was 20 minutes after mine, at the same MVC.

Yep i was in yesterday and the list had all 41 yrs on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭airy fairy

pmce4 wrote: »
    Agree... I just got my 2nd appointment on DAY 40 for CORK

Is that not going over the Pfizer recommended 41 days?
    Passed city hall several times these last few days, it's deserted.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭toodelies

My mother (69) was waiting for ages for her first appointment. Many others younger than her were called up to two weeks ahead of her. She called the helpline and was told it’s not based on age i.e. they were not calling 69 year olds first, then 68 etc. so it’s definitely not just based on age.

Me, 41, Dublin south, registered three weeks ago today and awaiting appointment 1. Pretty much everyone I know 40-44 are still awaiting apt 1 other than those who were lucky enough to get a doctors apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

What is the status on Citywest, anyone have an accurate wait time or know what age groups they have worked down to?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Got mine this morning, age 40. Feel sick now but I think I'm just imagining myself sick or something. Was in and out of the Helix in about 25 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭bennyineire

toodelies wrote: »
    My mother (69) was waiting for ages for her first appointment. Many others younger than her were called up to two weeks ahead of her. She called the helpline and was told it’s not based on age i.e. they were not calling 69 year olds first, then 68 etc. so it’s definitely not just based on age.

Me, 41, Dublin south, registered three weeks ago today and awaiting appointment 1. Pretty much everyone I know 40-44 are still awaiting apt 1 other than those who were lucky enough to get a doctors apt.

Pretty much everyone I know in the 40-44 have already got their first jab in Tullamore

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Quechyquat

Text received: 22nd June
    Appointment: 27th June
    Jab: Pfizer no. 2 (31 days after no. 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

The bigger risk is that the reason it was cancelled is that centre has been changed to second dose Astrazeneca for that day and they will have wasted a journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

airy fairy wrote: »
    Is that not going over the Pfizer recommended 41 days?
    Passed city hall several times these last few days, it's deserted.

Not too sure there is a 40 day rule, studies done in the UK showed in an older age group it was more effective if the 2nd dose was later

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

pmce4 wrote: »
    Not too sure there is a 40 day rule, studies done in the UK showed in an older age group it was more effective if the 2nd dose was later

Pfizer doses were initially spaced to 12 weeks in the U.K. and effective. To be honest, I think people are obsessing too much about having to wait a few days,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

The woman told me this morning I should get my 2nd dose within 28 days, and that they're trying to shorten the gap, it was a pfizer jab.
    The nurse or doctor or whatever she was was so friendly and chatty, fair play to her as it must be draining doing the same thing over and over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭mvron

Text received: 23rd June
    Appointment: 27th June
    MVC: Croke Park
    Vaccine: Pfizer dose 2 (29 days after dose 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Deub

Late 30s
    Registered 20/6
    Appointment Text today 23/6
    Vaccine date 28/6
    Cork
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

mloc123 wrote: »
    What is the status on Citywest, anyone have an accurate wait time or know what age groups they have worked down to?
    According to a Twitter comment, Citywest is all AZ jab 2 this week, so I'd say a tonne of under-44s will be getting texts on Saturday and Sunday to go to Citywest next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Mrs Questionmark?
    Text received: today 1:30
    Appointment: 30th June
    Jab: Pfizer

Very happily surprised!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

My two friends - both 37, registered on Friday, both got texts today - one has appt for next Monday, the other for next Wednesday - one going to City Hall, the other Pairc Ui Chaoimh!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I got a call asking could I get to Citywest in 20 minutes. I live close by but was travelling back from Cork when they called. That was on 13th June. Still awaiting an appointment. Hopefully this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Mrs Questionmark?
    Text received: today 1:30
    Appointment: 30th June
    Jab: Pfizer

Very happily surprised!!!

Wow, I may get a text today then....I'm 36!! Both my friends got texts today, both 37!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭d1980

Age 41
    First vaccine Pfizer
    Next Sunday morning
    Notified today
    Registered 2 1/2 weeks ago
    Limerick racecourse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Registered Monday and got text there for appointment next Wednesday.

Wasn't expecting such a quick turnaround. Bit of a buzz to be honest!

Based in Cork city

Advertisement