Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,967 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Not sure to be honest. Last long weekend I got mine on the Friday. I remember reading on this thread that some people get their payments on Monday night so I'd assume they must be processed Monday which probably won't happen with the bank holiday so maybe it'll be next Wed before it hits the account but again I'm speculating so prob not much help to ya sorry.

Yes, there was some back and forth on actual payment day but it does seem odd that on some Fridays before a Bank Holiday, payments made and seemingly not on others, I did notice that the last Friday payment, it came in later in the day so watch out :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭wiz569

I don't think I've ever got it early before bank holiday, certainly not today either,

On a brighter note I got confirmation of my return to work next Tuesday week, finally after 14mths on PUP.

wiz569 wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever got it early before bank holiday, certainly not today either,

On a brighter note I got confirmation of my return to work next Tuesday week, finally after 14mths on PUP.

Delighted for you, gosh you'll find it strange but I'm sure you'll be happy. Yes, my pup was paid on tge Friday on the past 2 B/H weekends but not concerned it wasn't today. Good luck next week :)

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Delighted for you, gosh you'll find it strange but I'm sure you'll be happy. Yes, my pup was paid on tge Friday on the past 2 B/H weekends but not concerned it wasn't today. Good luck next week :)

Cant wait m8, at least now i wont be accused of not contributing to the greater good ;)

Cant wait m8, at least now i wont be accused of not contributing to the greater good ;)

O, I hear you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Thanks for the replies guys.
    I signed off last Friday but should still be in the payment dates.
    I've got a new job so shouldn't be affected by lockdowns anymore.

corsav6 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys.
    I signed off last Friday but should still be in the payment dates.
    I've got a new job so shouldn't be affected by lockdowns anymore.

Well done, congrats, yes it's paid in arrears (1 week) so you should be fine, best wishes and good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Lordsnutchi

Apologies if this has been already covered. I can't seem to find a definitive answer online. Do you need to inform PUP office if you're travelling to NI?

LOSDAVOS wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been already covered. I can't seem to find a definitive answer online. Do you need to inform PUP office if you're travelling to NI?

I'd have to say no, I'm unsure if your concerned over that hullabaloo with people being questioned at airports last year and having payments stopped a completely different issue and since then this practice stopped.

So restrictions aside (I don't believe there's any) nothing to worry about travelling to NI

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭head82

Congrats to all the above who are finally returning to their place of work afer a long and ardous 14 months!

May I just ask.. are you returning on the same terms/conditions prior to your layoff?

My reason for asking is, I'm expecting to be asked to return to work in the next week or so but on much reduced hours/days previously.
    As keen as I am to return, the potential reduced weekly wage is likely to be less than what I'm currently receiving on PUP.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not someone who has benefited greatly from PUP. In fact quite the opposite. I was a full time worker and reduced to PUP rates has been a struggle albeit manageable.

If returning to the workplace results in less weekly income, then I see that as a 'no-brainer'.. I can't accept!

I might be more willing to agree to new terms if I believed my working week would eventually return to normal levels but it's unlikely.
    After 20+ years in same company, I'd much rather redundancy at this stage but that avenue is currently blocked off.

• Advertisement

head82 wrote: »
    Congrats to all the above who are finally returning to their place of work afer a long and ardous 14 months!

May I just ask.. are you returning on the same terms/conditions prior to your layoff?

My reason for asking is, I'm expecting to be asked to return to work in the next week or so but on much reduced hours/days previously.
    As keen as I am to return, the potential reduced weekly wage is likely to be less than what I'm currently receiving on PUP.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not someone who has benefited greatly from PUP. In fact quite the opposite. I was a full time worker and reduced to PUP rates has been a struggle albeit manageable.

If returning to the workplace results in less weekly income, then I see that as a 'no-brainer'.. I can't accept!

I might be more willing to agree to new terms if I believed my working week would eventually return to normal levels but it's unlikely.
    After 20+ years in same company, I'd much rather redundancy at this stage but that avenue is currently blocked off.

I'd certainly not be accepting any new terms and conditions, don't get me wrong, I'm detighted your returning to work but after 20 years service I'd be extremely concerned your redundancy terms would be seriously impacted.

I'm not at all doubting companies seriously impacted by the Pandemic but this should not be passed onto employee's and I'm just advising caution.

As an aside you may also have to consider applying for a reduced hours payment from SW to make up for lost wages, basically you can claim a maximum of 3 days lost roughly €40 per day.

But aside from above, sincere good wishes, it's been a long 14 months :)

head82 wrote: »

I'm initially returning on a 4 day week so should be a bit more than the PUP, my boss never mentioned different hours but I'm expecting they may try pick and choose the days that suits them/the business.

It's really a wait and see type scenario but I won't be down money compared to the PUP rate which was my main concern.

I'm initially returning on a 4 day week so should be a bit more than the PUP, my boss never mentioned different hours but I'm expecting they may try pick and choose the days that suits them/the business.

It's really a wait and see type scenario but I won't be down money compared to the PUP rate which was my main concern.

Well good luck anyway and just be careful re accepting any change of T&C "s of employment and be aware there is that reduced hours payment you would be entitled to for lost day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭head82

Cheers Dempo1 for your advice.. and for all your advice throughout all of this!

It's an odd situation to be in. Refusing to return to work.. even if it is heavily reduced.. you're subjecting yourself to be seen as some sort of pariah!

I'm just trying to look after myself and familys wellbeing.

Well good luck anyway and just be careful re accepting any change of T&C "s of employment and be aware there is that reduced hours payment you would be entitled to for lost day :)

You don't get anything for one day from the DSP, you need to work 3 days or less to qualify afaik.

You don't get anything for one day from the DSP, you need to work 3 days or less to qualify afaik.

Correct, silly me, I got it backwards apologies

Correct, silly me, I got it backwards apologies

Its about time considering all the great advice you have given over the last year or so :) No need for apologies at all!

Its about time considering all the great advice you have given over the last year or so :) No need for apologies at all!

Appreciate that, a rare slip on my behalf, enjoy the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

Payment just came through, Ulster Bank

md323 wrote: »
    Payment just came through, Ulster Bank

I'm with Ulster Bank and no payment was made.

• Advertisement

I'm with Ulster Bank and no payment was made.

Hi, I can confirm mine came in Saturday morning, I'm KBC. My guess is SW issued the payments during Friday, KBC electronic payments credited around 7am Monday to Sat, so payment hit my account sat Am.

You mentioned you closed your payment the previous Friday, you should be getting one final arrears payment, I'm not sure if your closure delays payment, perhaps they issue final payments in a different batch etc? Just a guess though. Check Tuesday and if no payment I'd make a quick call, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

Hi, I can confirm mine came in Saturday morning, I'm KBC. My guess is SW issued the payments during Friday, KBC electronic payments credited around 7am Monday to Sat, so payment hit my account sat Am.

You mentioned you closed your payment the previous Friday, you should be getting one final arrears payment, I'm not sure if your closure delays payment, perhaps they issue final payments in a different batch etc? Just a guess though. Check Tuesday and if no payment I'd make a quick call, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

Hopefully as my new job pays monthly so it'll be tight until then end of the month without any income.

Hopefully as my new job pays monthly so it'll be tight until then end of the month without any income.

I'm sure it will be fine but do call if nothing comes in on Tuesday AM, fingers crossed for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭glen123

Does anyone know by any chance the COVID-19 Enhanced Illness Benefit processing times? My relative tested positive for Covid on the 7th (BH) and applied through welfare site that day, attached screenshots of text messages he received from the HSE but still haven't received any payment or notification that they need more info, etc. His claim is showing under review on the welfare site but I know their site isn't reliable this way. Thanks!

glen123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know by any chance the COVID-19 Enhanced Illness Benefit processing times? My relative tested positive for Covid on the 7th (BH) and applied through welfare site that day, attached screenshots of text messages he received from the HSE but still haven't received any payment or notification that they need more info, etc. His claim is showing under review on the welfare site but I know their site isn't reliable this way. Thanks!

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis, the bank holiday may have caused a delay but I'd certainly have anticipated a payment by now, the EIB is normally processed very quickly, a few days etc. I'd certainly get your relative to call the helpline, they are very helpful.

I assume your relative has checked qualifying criteria? Just in case, link below if it helps

https://www.gov.ie/en/service/df55ae-how-to-apply-for-illness-benefit-for-covid-19-absences/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PUPThrowaway

Did anyone else on self-employed PUP get an email or notification this week about an upcoming phone call from an SW officer regarding up-skilling or re-training? One other self-employed PUP recipient I know got one too, so I'm wondering is this a blanket self-employed thing. I'm a little concerned as to whether this is essentially the same 'activation' process as is used for those receiving JSA or JSB, and whether they're about to start trying to push us into switching careers or joining JobPath/Seetec/Turas Nua etc.

In my case I'm very hopeful that my industry (live performance) in which I was previously making good enough money despite having only started out months before COVID, will be returning by the end of the summer as per recent government commentary - and I've actually recently bought some new amplification equipment in expectation of that. I wonder if showing them the receipts for same would indicate that I'm very much intending to resume my pre-covid self-employment as soon as the restrictions on it are lifted? They mention free courses one can study, which I'm currently looking through to see if there's anything relevant, but I'm very much not interested in being pressured into switching careers because they're essentially trying to bully people off the PUP - not suggesting that this is what's happening here, just a worry I have based on recent reporting around how the payment is going to be phased out.

The fact that they're going to call me unsolicited instead of leaving me to engage myself implies that this is more of a coercive measure than something that's intended to actually be helpful. Perhaps I'm being too cynical?

The email is as follows:

Dear Customer
    We are contacting people in receipt of a Pandemic Unemployment Payment to advise them of the range of supports and services available to help those that are out of work, want to change careers, retrain or upskill.
    An officer of the Department will contact you by phone during business hours in the week commencing 28th June 2021.
    In the meantime, here are some things you can do:

Register with JobsIreland This is a free recruitment service for both jobseekers and employers. As well as helping jobseekers find new jobs, this website provides useful career advice, tips on CV and interview preparation.

Access the Employment and Training website which provides information on the range of services and supports available to get jobseekers back into work, participate in employment support and work placement schemes, upskill or retrain.

Access the Right Course website containing information on further education and training opportunities to learn new skills, update your skills or find a new direction. Most of these courses are Government-funded and free of charge.

We look forward to talking to you.

Yours sincerely
    Employment Support Services

Income Support Helpline: 1890 800 024

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I didn't anyway.

If you look back on this thread you'll notice it is not a blanket self employed thing, it covers every type of recepient, I got mine about 3 weeks ago.

It was perfectly civil, generally advising there are supports if someone has no hope of returning to their Job and asking a rough sense of when your likely to return etc.

Obviously for those awaiting a call back (I'm one) its straightforward enough, being self employed I guess a little more complicated. There is no personal details requested, just your name so they are not probing too much.

The process commenced over a month ago and is likely to continue at perhaps a more regular pace as PUP is wound down.

beertons wrote: »
    I didn't anyway.

It's completely random some are alternatively being asked to confirm eligibility via mywelfare.

Details were posted on the SW website over a month ago under customer notices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Thanks Dempo that has put my mind at ease as I'm very happy to take their call and find out how I can avail of the supports from eCollege.
    What I was concerned about is that I would have missed their call and maybe they would have assumed I was avoiding them, but as I say I found it odd a call would be coming from a mobile number and that they would not leave a voicemail!
    Thanks again.

Some people are working from home and will be calling on a mobile number, I got one. Like a previous poster said it's very much giving support and not probing questions.

Advertisement