Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Ah sure, we'll have the wellies in the car just in case! ;)

Wellies and spare rain jackets live in our boot all year round (plus suntan cream and sun hats)!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Same! and talc....great for getting sand off before the kids destroy the car :)

Sitting on the couch between of a dozing dad and sleeping son

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Cheerful and terrified. I just handed in my notice after a year of two partners killing each other and many HR meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Jude13 wrote: »
    Cheerful and terrified. I just handed in my notice after a year of two partners killing each other and many HR meetings.

Assume you have something else lined up? Either way, best of luck with the change, a toxic workplace is definitely something worth getting out of.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Best of Luck, Jude...life is too short for putting up with a crap work situation

Best of luck.

If it's any consolation, I did the same due to a boss I just couldn't work with. Didn't have anything lined up just had to get out of there. Worked out fine in the end and your mental health is more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Very best of luck and fair play to you, life's too short to dread going to work everyday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh wow, Jude! Best of luck! Leaving a job, especially if you've been there a while is exactly that combination oof cheerful and terrified.

I'm cheerful right now, because I have registered for my vaccine. Bring it on! \o/

Posy wrote: »
    Oh wow, Jude! Best of luck! Leaving a job, especially if you've been there a while is exactly that combination oof cheerful and terrified.

I'm cheerful right now, because I have registered for my vaccine. Bring it on! \o/

So they've finally gotten around to the children, great stuff!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

Cheers all, yes I have something lined up. Its a bit of a roll of the die but we will see.

Cheers all, yes I have something lined up. Its a bit of a roll of the die but we will see.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Fair play Jude & best of luck.

You're going to be a mall Santa, aren't you?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Same here, but guess what.....I registered on Friday evening....the portal was open at that stage so I just thought "feck it" - I'm 36 so techincally "shouldn't" be registering until today :pac:

leahyl wrote: »
    Same here, but guess what.....I registered on Friday evening....the portal was open at that stage so I just thought "feck it" - I'm 36 so techincally "shouldn't" be registering until today :pac:

I did the same, registered on Sunday even though I shouldn't have until today too. I only thought of it because I remembered seeing someone saying on here that you could register ahead of your actual day.

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I did the same, registered on Sunday even though I shouldn't have until today too. I only thought of it because I remembered seeing someone saying on here that you could register ahead of your actual day.

That would be me.
    Was advised to do it by older mates who'd done the same thing. Dunno if it speeds up the appointment but at least your registered nice & early.

TRS30 wrote: »
    You're going to be a mall Santa, aren't you?? :D

My god no, my OH is a teacher no idea how she deals with kids.

Got the magic message today- getting my dose 1 of Pfizer vaccine on Thursday.
    Excite :) especially as I'm only registered barely a week, I was thinking I'd be waiting longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Excite :) especially as I'm only registered barely a week, I was thinking I'd be waiting longer!

Great to hear that Posy. Make sure to take a couple of paracetamol about 2 hours before and then every four hours for the rest of the day. Make sure to drink plenty water too.

We just had a wonderful day in West Cork. Weather was beautiful and I had a catch-up with a friend that I haven’t seen in person for about 18 months - sheer bliss.

Get my 2nd jab on wednesday, be glad to be done with it.

• Advertisement

Cork Lass wrote: »
    We just had a wonderful day in West Cork. Weather was beautiful and I had a catch-up with a friend that I haven’t seen in person for about 18 months - sheer bliss.
    Oh that sounds lovely. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My first dose is Thursday as well. Pfizer as well. I can’t wait.

If you're in the Helix, wear a Santa hat and I'll keep an eye out for you! :pac:

DvB wrote: »
    Get my 2nd jab on wednesday, be glad to be done with it.

Due mine this Sunday so just waiting for the text.
    If you're in the Helix, wear a Santa hat and I'll keep an eye out for you! :pac:

Ohh a mini forum meet up in July. I reckon you should go full Christmas jumpers :D

Due mine this Sunday so just waiting for the text.

Had originally gotten my 2nd appointment for saturday (which would have been 27 days between jabs) but cancelled it as we had the weekend away already planned, was pleasantly surprised to get the new appointment so quickly after requesting another one.

Hearing theres more of a reaction after the 2nd one from my friends who've nearly all had it now, but panadol, fluids & 24 hours later were all fine.

DvB wrote: »
    Had originally gotten my 2nd appointment for saturday (which would have been 27 days between jabs) but cancelled it as we had the weekend away already planned, was pleasantly surprised to get the new appointment so quickly after requesting another one.

Hearing theres more of a reaction after the 2nd one from my friends who've nearly all had it now, but panadol, fluids & 24 hours later were all fine.

Am due to head off on hols Monday morning so was contemplating rescheduling if get text for this Sunday. Good to hear that is not a long delay if you don't take the initial appointment.

Am due to head off on hols Monday morning so was contemplating rescheduling if get text for this Sunday. Good to hear that is not a long delay if you don't take the initial appointment.

Yeah, was relieved myself.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yep helix as well haha

2nd jab done, in the waiting area now... relief!!!

• Advertisement

That's great! :D
    Hope you're feeling okay.

I can't wait to have the first dose over and done with tomorrow afternoon. :)

Advertisement