Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccine Megathread No 2 - Read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

votecounts wrote: »
    Most high profile case of the questionnaire cancelling appointments, HSE should fix this ASAP.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1410883338164969473
    That’s happening a god few weeks , I know a few People who filled out health questions on line and appointment got cancelled half way through the process, so it’s not like they don’t know about it for a number of weeks now .

Anyone having issues with boots go through the pharmacy list on the HSE website , plenty of smaller independent chemists taking books and many have been taking names for a number of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

St.Spodo wrote: »
    125,000 doses given Wednesday-Thursday. Phenomenal effort.

With the revised rollout for under 30s we'll be in a fantastic place even internationally.

Hats off to those fantastic workers. We can complain about the HSE et al but the people on the ground doing these should be commended.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Mr.S wrote: »
    Boots cancelled mine from this AM.

I rang a local store and they said they will cancel them all until stock is confirmed for 18-34.

They why let one book in the first place and update the age brackets for the J&J.

Of course people were gonna jump on it when announced that from Monday next, J&J is open to the 18-34 age bracket!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭Russman

St.Spodo wrote: »
    125,000 doses given Wednesday-Thursday. Phenomenal effort.

It really is, and even though its an admin nightmare for some, the enthusiasm for the pharmacies and the J&J one shot, with nearly half a million jabs of them due in, is really encouraging. Great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Fair play to the HSE. Deciding to give it to 18-34 is the right decision given the advice. We should see massive vaccine figures from the week after next and maybe we will hit the 450k?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

Boots cancelled mine from this AM.

I rang a local store and they said they will cancel them all until stock is confirmed for 18-34.

which vac is that for?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Fair play to the HSE. Deciding to give it to 18-34 is the right decision given the advice. We should see massive vaccine figures from the week after next and maybe we will hit the 450k?
    A lot of the J&J is due to arrive at the end of the month

No idea. It could also be an automated thing and they haven’t updated their systems yet - ie all bookings under 50 get cancelled.

Ah ya!

If i get it, I get it. If not I'll register with local pharmacy otherwise.

They had plenty slots this Tuesday in my local boots so I jumped on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

In light of the concern on the Delta variant and the acceleration of the Vaccine Programme, has NIAC made any decision yet on extending the programme in due course to children aged 12-15 to receive Pfizer as approved by EMA ?

I know that it will take some time to reach this Group but even just to know the decision would be helpful.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0702/1232591-virus-covid-19/

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-records-over-300-new-daily-covid-cases-for-first-time-since-april/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

We've 140,000 Janssen in the country and 205,000 coming in July. That will give us an extra 9% of adults fully vaccinated by early August, if deliveries arrive as scheduled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

funnydoggy wrote: »
    With the revised rollout for under 30s we'll be in a fantastic place even internationally.

Hats off to those fantastic workers. We can complain about the HSE et al but the people on the ground doing these should be commended.

They should indeed but also those behind the scenes administering the whole system. There have of course been problems but its generally gone brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

crossman47 wrote: »
    They should indeed but also those behind the scenes administering the whole system. There have of course been problems but its generally gone brilliantly.

Oh absolutely. Agreed totally!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Those J&J Delta results are actually very good. Really impressive vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 iheartpooner

Boots just cancelled my appointment for the 18th. Heads up! I don’t think I’ll bother again as I don’t really need to be vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

No idea. It could also be an automated thing and they haven’t updated their systems yet - ie all bookings under 50 get cancelled.

It's not automated because my booking for the end of July was booked a few days ago but it just got cancelled this morning.

I'd say they are waiting for more information on how to allocate the j&j to under 50s. Which is crazy, it should just go to whoever books it.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

votecounts wrote: »
    Most high profile case of the questionnaire cancelling appointments, HSE should fix this ASAP.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1410883338164969473

My wife got her appointment for her 2nd dose of Pfizer.
    I'm wondering if I can advise her to ignore the questionnaire and just show up/play dumb at Aviva? I know she'll be asked at the MVC again - anyways, but we really don't want her appointment cancelled and I'm not sure which is more risky - exposing ourselves to the portal bug or not complying with the requirements.
    Does anyone here have 1st hand experience on this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭xaoifsx

Boots just cancelled my appointment for the 18th. Heads up! I don’t think I’ll bother again as I don’t really need to be vaccinated.

did you only sign up this morning for j&j?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭techdiver

What is the thoughts on mixing AZ and J&J. My mother is still waiting on her second AZ dose bit could easily get a J&J shot at her pharmacy instead. From my reading their is no concern about mixing of vaccines, but I'm assuming the since both vaccines are quite similar that a J&J dose could substitute as a second AZ dose?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

was just around in the shops and saw a sign on my local chemist about registering for the vaccine
    name is now on the list (age 41) for J&J - they said that is the only one they are administering
    said it'll be 2/3 weeks when they ring with appointment details

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    I'd say they are waiting for more information on how to allocate the j&j to under 50s. Which is crazy, it should just go to whoever books it.

If slots are there to be filled and it's beyond the 5th July, then they should just fire em out to who has booked once in the 18-34 or 50+ cohort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 TheGoatOne

I booked an appointment in Boots in Cork a few days ago for 9th July and it still hasn't been cancelled. I'm cautiously optimistic for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,437 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very happy with this decision but reckon demand could be through the roof and it may be hard to get one somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 iheartpooner

xaoifsx wrote: »
    did you only sign up this morning for j&j?

No, few days ago when NIAC announced they’d free it up for everyone. Chanced my arm and thought it’d stick

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

techdiver wrote: »
    What is the thoughts on mixing AZ and J&J. My mother is still waiting on her second AZ dose bit could easily get a J&J shot at her pharmacy instead. From my reading their is no concern about mixing of vaccines, but I'm assuming the since both vaccines are quite similar that a J&J dose could substitute as a second AZ dose?
    For the purposes of being fully vaccinated it will make no odds really. As J&J is a single-shot, mix & match doesn't need to be verified or approved. She basically just pretends that she never got the AZ shot.

She'll most likely get her second AZ dose before an appointment at the pharmacy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

JNJ posted this this morning, seems good news vs the Delta variant.

NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J., July 1, 2021 – Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) (the Company) today announced data that demonstrated its single-shot COVID-19 vaccine generated strong, persistent activity against the rapidly spreading Delta variant and other highly prevalent SARS-CoV-2 viral variants. In addition, the data showed that the durability of the immune response lasted through at least eight months, the length of time evaluated to date. The two preprint study summaries have been submitted today to bioRxiv.

These data showed that the Johnson & Johnson single-shot COVID-19 vaccine elicited neutralizing antibody activity against the Delta variant at an even higher level than what was recently observed for the Beta (B.1.351) variant in South Africa where high efficacy against severe/critical disease was demonstrated.

In the ENSEMBLE trial, Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine was 85 percent effective against severe/critical disease and demonstrated protection against hospitalization and death.

https://www.jnj.com/positive-new-dat...ty-of-response

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭browne_rob5

xboxdad wrote: »
    My wife got her appointment for her 2nd dose of Pfizer.
    I'm wondering if I can advise her to ignore the questionnaire and just show up/play dumb at Aviva? I know she'll be asked at the MVC again - anyways, but we really don't want her appointment cancelled and I'm not sure which is more risky - exposing ourselves to the portal bug or not complying with the requirements.
    Does anyone here have 1st hand experience on this please?

My appointment got cancelled today and when I got through to hse to reschedule the operator advised not to fill out the questionnaire when appointment is rescheduled and answer questions in person.

Frustrating they are still sending out that link when they know there is an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

I'm 28 and got my J+J booked in McCauley's in Fermoy in under 2 weeks time (40 min drive for me but happy to make the trip). All going well I'll be fully vaxxed for my wedding at the end of the month!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Just got my Pfizer jab number 1!

Looking at this thread and seeing the vaccine hesitancy in other countries whereas here we're almost ready to fight each other for the last vial it kinda warms my heart (or else I'm having a side effect) to see everyone trying to do their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

My appointment got cancelled today and when I got through to hse to reschedule the operator advised not to fill out the questionnaire when appointment is rescheduled and answer questions in person.

Frustrating they are still sending out that link when they know there is an issue.

I'm very sorry you got hit by this issue and thank you for helping me out anyways! I'll ask her to ignore the follow up text so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Mr.CoolGuy

I wonder will the choice come back to bite the government/NPHET in the ass? Very cynical view but I can see a lot of callers into radio stations giving out because they took longer in the pharmacies than they would in the vaccination centre or vice versa.

Sort of like how the 60+ group are currently giving out that they're on Astra Zeneca now and younger people have the absolute cheek to be fully vaxxed with Pfizer.

Advertisement