Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Hi - do you have a recipe for that korma - looks great.

I usually make them up as I go along. From what I recall, I used:

1/2 head of cauliflower, broken into florets
    6 baby potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
    2 carrots, sliced
    handful of frozen peas

For the sauce :

1 onion, chopped
    1 tsp of garlic and ginger puree
    1 tsp of sesame seeds
    1 tbsp of desiccated coconut
    1 tsp of mustard seeds
    1/4 tsp of fennel seeds
    1/2 tsp of cumin seeds
    1 tsp of garam masala
    1/2 tsp of turmeric
    1 tsp of coriander

1/2 tin of tomatoes
    ca 100ml of cream
    1 sachet of creamed coconut (50g)

Boiled the vegetables in some salted water, drained and set aside.
    Fried the onion and ginger garlic paste in some ghee and mustard oil. Once the onion started to turn translucent, added in the sesame seeds, desiccated coconut, mustard seeds, fennel seed, and cumin seeds. Kept frying until the seeds started popping, then added the tomatoes and the remaining spices. Fried until the tomatoes were cooked through and changed colour (ca 5 minutes), then added in the cream, creamed coconut and some water to bring it all to the right consistency. Added in the boiled veg and the frozen peas and kept it cooking until the peas were heated through.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Roasted butternut squash filled with lentils and rice, topped with feta cheese. And some naughty garlic baguette on the side.

557013.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Seasoned and coated thighs and drumsticks done in the airfyer with mashed potato, gravy and corn. Ate it outside with the sunshine beating down on us.

IMG-20210628-183201.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I had chicken fried rice with every vegetable I could find thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

McMurphy wrote: »
    Seasoned and coated thighs and drumsticks done in the airfyer with mashed potato, gravy and corn. Ate it outside with the sunshine beating down on us.
    QUOTE]
    Is it just me or does corn not break down on the way out ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

General Tso's chicken using the recipe at the below link as recommended by a friend. It was delicious. Highly recommend it.
    https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/wprm_print/24079

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

@Ish66 - we only talk about what's going in here.

We had barbecued chicken fillets tonight - what a beautiful day!

20210629-185643.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Taco Twednesday here. Spiced beef mince, salad, cheese, jalapenos, home made salsa and sour cream stuffed into too many soft tacos.

Carbonara. Aced it!

• Advertisement

Chicken curry - I forgot to take a photo but it'd be the same one I've taken over and over for years :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Recliner

Carbonara. Aced it!

Noice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Stuffed Peppers

IMG-20210701-222052-633.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Curing some brisket at the moment. 7 days. Salt, sichuan pepper, fennel, rosemary, thyme, sugar, celery etc. Pics to follow....next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Stuffed Peppers

hmm what you stuff em with?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

sporina wrote: »
    J Mysterio wrote:
    Stuffed Peppers

hmm what you stuff em with?

I fried mince, onions, garlic, some chicken stock and spices, and then put it in the peppers. I made the sauce separately and put it together with the peppers in a dish and threw in the oven. Added some parmesan under the tops near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The Nal wrote: »
    Curing some brisket at the moment. 7 days. Salt, sichuan pepper, fennel, rosemary, thyme, sugar, celery etc. Pics to follow....next weekend.

Is this for eating raw or for cooking like corned beef?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Is this for eating raw or for cooking like corned beef?

For cooking. For sambos, hash etc. Its basically corned beef. I used pureed celery for the sodium nitrate to keep the beef pink. I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The Nal wrote: »
    For cooking. For sambos, hash etc. Its basically corned beef. I used pureed celery for the sodium nitrate to keep the beef pink. I hope!

I've never heard this before (the celery idea).
    Very interesting!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

"Pork O'Clock". :):)

Spare ribs n sosig!

aXQtf6tl.jpg

LjSXTpJl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Homemade stuffed crust mozzarella pizza with olives, anchovies and jalapenos.

thumbnail-IMG-2501.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Pork belly adobo made using this recipe https://fb.watch/6wtD-EITq7/

I wouldn’t bother braising and deep frying the pork belly next time, I’ll just do my usual slow-roast but the sauce was delicious and the dish as a whole was a big hit.

Roast beef with onion gravy. It was the nicest, most tender roast beef I've ever had :)

20210704-183034.jpg

Looks scrumptious Dizzy. What cut was it and where did you get it?

We had a chicken and vegetable gratin for dinner. A few chips on the side. Delicious.

It's the Specially Selected Irish Angus rib roast on the bone, from Aldi. It's always really good but this time it was exceptional. Costs around €22, we get a huge dinner for two off of it and freeze the rest for another big dinner each. There are usually two short ribs attached :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Chicken-Goujon-chips.jpg

Chicken goujons and chips.

Not so much what I had for dinner as what's left. Might put it up on Done Deal later, unless I suddenly find more room.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

Hmm.. we had Turkey and Ham and a lot of the trimmings.. (no sprouts).. twas delishhhh.. full as an egg now.. gonna let it digest to make room for the lemon meringue pie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

We had turkey mince burgers, sweet potato fries and chipotle mayo. Usually use pork but wanted to be a tad healthier with the turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Pulled shoulder of lamb (in the kamado) with salad and mashed potatoes. Delish

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Crispy Chicken Wings and Salad.. nothing too fancy!

Advertisement