Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Easten wrote: »
    Up to $195, I have a paper profit of 400% now :eek:

Best I've ever done to date is 240% when CCIV collapsed. Hope you keep driving forward!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

cronos wrote: »
    Best I've ever done to date is 240% when CCIV collapsed. Hope you keep driving forward!

AMC currently x5. How long that lasts I don't know. Took initial investment + small profit out so a game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Treppen wrote: »
    Intellia up again 20% today . At $182 currently.
    Sweet.

Is there any medical stock comparable to this one in terms of a long term hold?

Genomics in general has a lot of space to run, who will be the long term winners is too hard to call at this stage. But I think if you can avoid the duds I think most genomic stocks will outperform the market in the next couple of years, a rising tide lifts all boats, as people start to realise just how powerful it is.

I’m up 708% on intellia, I’m long on CRSP because of the management team and their access to capital, long Beam as it’s early stage and very promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Slowly removed all my EV positions except for NGAC (EV trucks) over the last month.

While I'm sure I could have kept CCIV & NIO for more profit, with the major car companies throwing billions at EVs I want to wait and let things settle first. I think the big companies will out-produce the newer companies (except maybe Tesla) within a couple of years. Lucid looking at around 50,000 cars in 2023 is nothing compared to what bigger companies will do, VW did nearly 150,000 in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Might have been a bit early about NIO, it has fanatical followers (like another EV maker..), just blew its sales numbers out of the park again and then there is the whole battery swap thing that could be a total game changer for EV's.
    I can see lots and lots of runway ahead for it. Disclosure, I do own some, thinking about getting some more.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Supercell wrote: »
    Might have been a bit early about NIO, it has fanatical followers (like another EV maker..), just blew its sales numbers out of the park again and then there is the whole battery swap thing that could be a total game changer for EV's.
    I can see lots and lots of runway ahead for it. Disclosure, I do own some, thinking about getting some more.

Ya I probably was early but when I bought NIO but between it being a Chinese stock and an EV I had planned for it to be a short term hold. Set my target and sold when it hit.

It will stay on my watchlist in case it drops considerably again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Yeh I'm torn about NIO, its still 20% of my portfolio, and has done fantastic for me across the last year, but this rollercoaster I cannot continue with such a significant part of my life savings ha. I'm seriously impressed with Will Li, the NIO CEO, he has dragged them out of the gutter and near bankruptcy in April 2020, and consistency has overdelivered on all their medium term target's which is exactly what you want for the long term in a growth company like them (only outside factor that effected targets was the chip shortage which cut projections for 1st half of this year, but with 8k June deliveries they have again overachieved on them revised projections). So I see more of the same across the next number of years, and them becoming a significant worldwide car manufacturer across the next 5yrs or so.

However meanwhile, their current valuation is just bananas (90billion or so), it will take another few years before that is actually justified (however article's like this throw out a trillion dollar value lol https://seekingalpha.com/article/4436753-nio-the-path-to-a-1-trillion-valuation). But who the hell knows, there is no logic anymore to stock market valuations, NIO could become a meme stock next few weeks for all I know haha, however given xpeng have just made a share offering to raise more capital, I think I will sell another 20% of my NIO today while on a good day, and if there is a significant pullback next few weeks I might swingtrade it alittle more.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Yeh I'm torn about NIO, its still 20% of my portfolio, and has done fantastic for me across the last year, but this rollercoaster I cannot continue with such a significant part of my life savings ha. I'm seriously impressed with Will Li, the NIO CEO, he has dragged them out of the gutter and near bankruptcy in April 2020, and consistency has overdelivered on all their medium term target's which is exactly what you want for the long term in a growth company like them (only outside factor that effected targets was the chip shortage which cut projections for 1st half of this year, but with 8k June deliveries they have again overachieved on them revised projections). So I see more of the same across the next number of years, and them becoming a significant worldwide car manufacturer across the next 5yrs or so.

However meanwhile, their current valuation is just bananas (90billion or so), it will take another few years before that is actually justified (however article's like this throw out a trillion dollar value lol https://seekingalpha.com/article/4436753-nio-the-path-to-a-1-trillion-valuation). But who the hell knows, there is no logic anymore to stock market valuations, NIO could become a meme stock next few weeks for all I know haha, however given xpeng have just made a share offering to raise more capital, I think I will sell another 20% of my NIO today while on a good day, and if there is a significant pullback next few weeks I might swingtrade it alittle more.

This is one of my main concerns with a lot of the current "growth" companies and why I'm reducing the number of them in my portfolio.

NIO have a history of share offerings and as long as the stock is massively over valued I think it will be go to method of raising cash. Why take on debt when you can sell more shares.

December 2019 shares outstanding - 1.06B
    Feb 2021 shares outstanding - 1.64B

Over 50% increase in less than years.

cc87 wrote: »

Could be massive, in either direction! One to keep an eye on, personally would love to be part off the space race :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Supercell wrote: »
    Could be massive, in either direction! One to keep an eye on, personally would love to be part off the space race :)

I think I prefer the sound of this one than Arks ARKX, seems more focused on currently profitably business that future potential.

I think I prefer the sound of this one than Arks ARKX, seems more focused on currently profitably business that future potential.

Its an investment trust also, so 33%cgt and you can offset losses, ETFs like arkx afaik 41% tax and you can't offset losses

Finally got myself to roughly 20% cash (between my crypto and stocks accounts), this has been mostly from taking profit's in crypto but also reducing my growth stocks portfolio (however while still dollar cost averaging in the stock market on my higher conviction stocks). Anyways I'll aim to always keep 5% at least in cash, but the thing that is holding me back from buying anything more at the second, the Nasdaq is quite extended in its current range so we probably are due a market minor pullback over the next 2wks or so, I'll hold off until then.

Had a look at their website, details of the ticker for when it launches in case someone is interested (from the KID ) -

The ISIN of the Ordinary Shares is GB00BKPG0138. The SEDOL of the Ordinary Shares is BKPG013. The ticker for the Ordinary Shares is SSIT

Bought some Micron MU in the low 80's. My BEP on it is $79.6

Seems like too big a dip on the earnings which were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

Robinhood :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I see dear Rigolo is back in action, although pumping Vladimir Putin in AH rather than any stocks in here.
    Some man for moonshot picks and crazy politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

retalivity wrote: »
    I see dear Rigolo is back in action, although pumping Vladimir Putin in AH rather than any stocks in here.
    Some man for moonshot picks and crazy politics.

He tipped GME before Christmas though!.

I must head over and see what he's up to.

Ignore Rigoletto at your peril.

Which platform is $PUTN on?

Treppen wrote: »
    He tipped GME before Christmas though!.

I must head over and see what he's up to.

Ignore Rigoletto at your peril.

Which platform is $PUTN on?

He won't be able to stay out of here forever. I do this for fun as much as for the money. No retirement!

Good few weeks for $AMD, approaching it's previous ATH now. Be interesting to see if it will break through or drop back again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Good few weeks for $AMD, approaching it's previous ATH now. Be interesting to see if it will break through or drop back again.

That's one stock they just love shorting around earnings... great management, but backlog capacity is low so growth is low what with TSMC and the console contracts. They really need to get significant market share with their EPYC serverline as that's about the last bit of their TAM they have a chance of disrupting and gaining a double-digit growth rate YOY into 2030s.

In my opinion, they won't have the opportunity to do that from a pure manufacturing perspective for 18 months. But, tbh, their silicon and fabrication processes are just so good at the moment that they might still be in a dominant position when that time comes.

image.png

There's a lot wrong with it, but worth reading that ARK market trend report from the beginning of the year to get an idea of the HF and VC thoughts on where the server market is going, particularly with TPUs and GPUs harnessed en masse for machine learning and other adjacent applications. One of the big ones to watch is the FPGA style direct board integration that Intel is doing in this space - there's only so much you can do by throwing faster GPUs or CUDA cores at a given workload before you hit significant diminishing returns.

https://research.ark-invest.com/hubfs/1_Download_Files_ARK-Invest/White_Papers/ARK%E2%80%93Invest_BigIdeas_2021.pdf

image.png

However, ARK are missing the larger picture. Yes ARM will take a chunk of the x86 market - but EPYC will take a larger chunk due to existing supply chains and in-house fab, superior architecture, and a better OEM support structure for the big boys in the data market. Plus guess who revealed patents with Xilinx this year for onboard FPGAs in the CPUs themselves to futureproof their offerings?
    https://hothardware.com/news/amd-patent-hybrid-cpu-fpga-design-xilinx

In particular, they focus on Intel in the x86 market as a fading force in order to make their argument. However, the current high-end Xeon octo-cores going into Data Centres atm have at least 36 months of a support contract tied in with them, the matched ECC ram, and probably the overall rack/blade chassis solution. In the meantime, Intel are focusing on exactly what they're pointing at here as the high-growth market space - acceleration boards and other non-CPU optimisations for data centres, and particularly for Machine Learning workloads which are the dominant growth sector, and the most expensive on a per-cycle workload basis due to the need for GPU/TPU/FPGAs outside of the CPUs.

What Intel are doing with their boards is affording the ability to address the other, now more attractive cost/benefit bottlenecks, focused on the I/O from the RAM to the cache, and the I/O from the SSDs and other bus addressable storage media into the working RAM buffer. This could net them a considerable, and previously overlooked, segment of the server market - motherboards and FPGA daughterboards tying into M2 slots and other future expansion ports.

The first, and most obvious place this is being addressed at the moment is with the network cards or NICs, which are getting extra brainpower and subsequently extra I/O throughput capacity from inbuilt FPGAs - which can be updated as and when algorithmic optimisations emerge, or the size and types of dataloads in machine learning changes.

Intel are doing this and more for the last year:

https://www.theregister.com/2021/06/15/intel_infrastructure_processing_units_strategy/

Here's a good breakdown of the most easily understood bit - the NIC stuff. It's an interesting space and ripe for M&A plays for the smaller players.

https://www.nextplatform.com/2021/02/23/giving-smartnics-bigger-fpga-and-cpu-brains/

4th July weekend in the US, mass profit taking & selloff late on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone still holding KR1 from earlier in the year? Annual results were out last night, massive growth as you'd expect although it was to year end 2020 so all things Crypto have gone nuts since then. The value of crypto assets held by them grew 500% in the year. Thats very big! Us shareholders literally own a piece of that, and the value of our piece grew 500% in the year. 2021 is likely to be even bigger.

Popped 26% today although that was only getting back losses over the past month. Some good threads on it if people want some weekend reading on it

https://twitter.com/Wexboy_Value/status/1410679984725897220

This guy Rahul is a big deal in crypto world, when his interview with KR1 management is released it'll jump again

https://twitter.com/RaoulGMI/status/1410966548978835458

Timmaay wrote: »
    Finally got myself to roughly 20% cash (between my crypto and stocks accounts), this has been mostly from taking profit's in crypto but also reducing my growth stocks portfolio (however while still dollar cost averaging in the stock market on my higher conviction stocks). Anyways I'll aim to always keep 5% at least in cash, but the thing that is holding me back from buying anything more at the second, the Nasdaq is quite extended in its current range so we probably are due a market minor pullback over the next 2wks or so, I'll hold off until then.

Yep I'm bored and gambling by now lol, but took out a small short position on the Nasdaq, with a 2:1 RR ratio on my IG spread betting account.

For everyone else living in hope for 4D, another very positive article here about Blautix
    https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/comment/microbiome-targeting-pipeline-immunological-indications/

Did anyone buy the DIDI ipo?

Might be in for a rough week……

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

My number one rule of investing: Never. Buy. China.

cronos wrote: »
    He won't be able to stay out of here forever. I do this for fun as much as for the money. No retirement!

Aaaaannnnd hes gone, permabanned without even one tip. Disappointing.

retalivity wrote: »
    Aaaaannnnd hes gone, permabanned without even one tip. Disappointing.

Need a discord

• Advertisement

Tempting if it dips big. Apple are a big shareholder so guessing it's not a lukin coffee

Advertisement